Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 12:11   #451
Senior - BHPian

BBS the weave on the CF roof would be just a little smaller in size though.
the civic is looking great like this.great job BBS.
Old 25th October 2008, 00:32   #452

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Yes you should lower your car...
Thankfully Delhi doesn't have huge Speedbreakers every where like in Bangalore :(

For Bangy guys it will remain a dream. I was looking for a height adjustable suspension, one which can change the height with touch of a button. Any ideas?
Have a friend here in delhi who has Daiyama suspension on his civic..It is manually height adjustable and using a remote,you can alter the stiffness of the springs.It cost a bomb though!
Old 25th October 2008, 01:43   #453
aZa
Senior - BHPian

killer stuff badboy, the black roof, grill, inserts etc is looking amazing. Manan time to go autopsyching again
Old 25th October 2008, 02:17   #454
Senior - BHPian

Great job. Looks awesome. Yes lowering the car is not possible in Bangalore given the state of roads and speed breakers. :-(
Old 25th October 2008, 02:44   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
BBS great job on PS,and m4ugr8 your ride looks killer,i would suggest you keep it simple except making the bonet black or CF.

Getting the car lowered is almost every guys dreams with some bling bling rims,but thanks to our Govt. for giving us free potholes after paying soo much tax.Conditions are such that i need to find roads in the potholes and patches.here in Mumbai Suburbs

The 15s on my Getz of both Right-Front and Right-Rear alloys got bent,good that i switched off from 16s to 15s or my ride would have become my nightmare.
An inch lower would not hurt right?
Old 25th October 2008, 17:04   #456
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Have a friend here in delhi who has Daiyama suspension on his civic..It is manually height adjustable and using a remote,you can alter the stiffness of the springs.It cost a bomb though!
No kidding. How much? Does it use an air-compressor? How is the ride / handling post-install?
Old 25th October 2008, 17:45   #457
Senior - BHPian

Lowering a Civic = nightmare on roads. Everytime I have driven a Civic with two people at the back, it has scraped every speedbreaker even when approached with great caution, if you want to lower it PLEASE use stiffer suspension setup.

Just my old fashioned two cents !!

The black rims look very nice stick to those.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th October 2008 at 17:48.
Old 28th October 2008, 16:48   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are many suspensions with Manual adjustments. But what's the point?
You tell your friends- wait there is a speed breaker / a pot hole, let me go and raise the car!!! or Get down every where and keep adjusting the suspension height according to the road!
Manual setup is only good for setting it up properly for once and then forget about it.

I was fancying towards the air suspension kit, but have not heard great things about the handling part.
Old 28th October 2008, 17:58   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You tell your friends- wait there is a speed breaker / a pot hole, let me go and raise the car!!! or Get down every where and keep adjusting the suspension height according to the road!
Manual setup is only good for setting it up properly for once and then forget about it.
...ha ha well said. I think no one cares. this is just a marketing stuff. we don't need most of the suff in the market most of the times.
Old 28th October 2008, 19:18   #460
BHPian

well said ST! :-D i once took a friend who weighs like 130kg to check out the car and believe me it sunk down WELL over an inch. he loved it but loathed to wonder what would happen over a speed breaker.
Old 28th October 2008, 19:24   #461
BHPian

on another note the koni FSD's are good. height adjustable too. but not remove adjustable like you asked for. however you would need other stuff to cope with the stiffening up. i have forgotten the words i would be happy if someone filled that in.
Old 29th October 2008, 03:31   #462
BHPian

Quote:
well, its good if you have a track around, wont you agree?
Old 29th October 2008, 04:16   #463

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No kidding. How much? Does it use an air-compressor? How is the ride / handling post-install?
I think somewhere around 150k.He brought it from australia.He also mentioned that he will soon be getting buddy club headers!
you can adjust the settings of each shocker independently through the remote.The scale is from 0-7,0 being comfort and 7 being stiff.At 7,there was enough rebound to be drivable on city roads,But no diving or pitching or roll throug corners at setting 7.
He had set the height of the suspension at 10mm less than the stock car.Came across a speedbreaker but easy to dispatch if you drive slowly over it and at an angle.Not to forget that when the suspension is lowered and stiff, doesnt oscillate when loaded and unloaded so even less chances of the car bottoming out.
Have seen a lot of civics(stock),where they get over a speed breaker but due to a soft suspension bottom out as the suspension gets easily compressed and the car becomes even lower.(hope you understand what i'm trying to say)

Quote:

I was fancying towards the air suspension kit, but have not heard great things about the handling part.
I said a friend has it...didnt say it is worth it or practical in everyday commuting!!Its a good gadget.Would definitely work better if there were some tracks around!
Old 29th October 2008, 16:22   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677

well, its good if you have a track around, wont you agree?
Not really, if you are changing your ride height then you would also need to get the wheels re-aligned, specially if you are going on a track.
Old 29th October 2008, 16:26   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
I said a friend has it...didnt say it is worth it or practical in everyday commuting!!
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you/your friend. I was just putting my view point on height adjustable suspension.
I am really looking for one, but a practical one.

And to be frank, at end of it many of us do lot of things which do not make sense otherwise. We do it because we are crazy about cars and sometimes want others also to see it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks