Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 22:54   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Why not buy a HKS Orginal Endcan from here India only?? Race Dynamics are official importers and distributors of HKS in India and when I last checked with their Dealer in Delhi, autopoint noida, He had a bolt-on for the civic for around 18K if I remember correctly. I think it makes sense to buy from them directly.

The second one is a Replica for sure. Its the same endcan I had with only a titanium tip with Mugen written on it, This muffler gave away in one year of usage. You can also try the Magnaflow complete catback.
Oh kool. Im looking for a loud sound . Is that possible through an HKS??? Could you send me some links on the web or any snaps or reviews or videos for HKS mufflers compatible for a civic??? I tried but dint get the exact search result. As far as Magnaflow goes, I have heard its "OK" and not that great. Correct me if I have heard wrong ...
Old 24th November 2009, 22:56   #767
Senior - BHPian

Are there any Civics with the Type-R kit here?? Most of them seem to have the Mugen kit, which is getting awfully common these days.
Old 24th November 2009, 23:52   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Are there any Civics with the Type-R kit here?? Most of them seem to have the Mugen kit, which is getting awfully common these days.
Its there. I have it for my honey
Old 25th November 2009, 00:21   #769
Senior - BHPian

Mine will have one soon with a whole New Paint scheme and few body mods. The project should start by mid January and end by March hopefully.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:15   #770
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Here is a Civic which looks like it has a Type-R body kit on (It's probably a replica-kit from Thailand/Taiwan or something but it looks pretty good!) I spotted this car almost a year back!
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-25112008390.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-25112008391.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-25112008392.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-25112008393.jpg  

Old 6th December 2009, 13:19   #771
Senior - BHPian

Poor quality pic of nice 17" rims on a Civic.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-civic-alloy.jpg  

Old 6th December 2009, 16:34   #772
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Here is a Civic which looks like it has a Type-R body kit on (It's probably a replica-kit from Thailand/Taiwan or something but it looks pretty good!) I spotted this car almost a year back!
i think this is a team bhp car itself.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:54   #773
BHPian

Mods for honda civic - dos and donts

Hello all,

I hope everyone is having a good time and are safe.I am buying my first car atlast after waiting for an year.And it's a honda civic 2009 model.I will be booking the car on the first week of jan 2010 and I am really excited about this.

Since I am new with this car mod things,I have got few doubts to get cleared off.I dont want to trouble you guys with my n00b questions and make this topic go for long and long,just some few questions and i request you people to help me on this.

1.Will I lose my warranty if I do any mods just after buying the car

2.I don't want any engine modifications,I want some hifi system with some decent bling.For this should I wait for the first service of the car ?

3.What's the best and ideal budget for the modifications.Modifications include - exteriors,interiors and stereo system

4.What are the decent modifications to give my civic a very nice bling and where should I get it done ? I used to stay in hyderabad,but because of personal issues I am not in hyderabad any more.I stay in vijayawada now

Any other suggestions regarding my 4 queries will be helpful.

And advance happy new year for everyone
Old 18th December 2009, 07:47   #774

1. According to their terms & conditions, you do lose the warranty if you do mods like changing the wheels or loading the electrical system of the car with an increased load. However if you have a good relationship with your service engineer at the Honda Service Center, they normally turn a blind eye to this.

2. The civic comes with a built in entertainment system with a 6 cd changer that plays MP3 and the 2009 model also has a USB in-port. If you still want to change the system, you will have to buy a faceplate for your central console and then you can replace with any after-market double DIN system. these are available from Pioneer, JVC, Clarion, Sony etc

3. The budget completely depends on what all you want to do and how far you're willing to go

4. The civic is already a very good looking car and the 2009 model has a new grill, smoked headlights and rectangular tail lights. you will get a look different to most other civics in the market.

Visual Mods - Audi or BMW style headlight w projectors / LED tail-lights / Spoiler / bumpers & skirts / racing stripes / gradient style sun control film / All leather upholstery

ICE mods - Music System / Speakers / GPS system / LCD screens for the passengers

Performance Mods - Performance Chip / End can for exhaust / Turbo air intake

Please do search on the boards for posts by Manan. He's got a Civic and he's posted tonnes of info on all the mods he has done on his car
Old 18th December 2009, 11:38   #775
Senior - BHPian

First of all congrats on the purchase Rude7, The civic is my all time favorite and if you want to MOD it, let me assure you will go crazy looking at the availability of the parts for the Civic FD, Engine/ICE/Interiors/Exteriors everything has tons and tons of parts available. But before you start you need to decide what you want, Do you want an All out Show car or you want a Daily drive with decent mods on it?? Let me first answer your questions.

Quote:
1.Will I lose my warranty if I do any mods just after buying the car
Well Depends on the MOD, if you go by the rule book, Rims will void warranty,ICE will void warranty, Air filter will void warranty. But from my experience if MODs are done right with the right equipment and installer nothing will go wrong. I have been modding my car from the next day it came with me. Got the Filter in under 5000Kms remap in under 10000Kms. No issues at all.

Quote:
2.I don't want any engine modifications,I want some hifi system with some decent bling.For this should I wait for the first service of the car ?
I would advise getting the first service done and then start off, Though you can do it before that also, no problems in that. Hifi Music system installed with the right wiring harness and power cables wont affect anything.

Quote:
3.What's the best and ideal budget for the modifications.Modifications include - exteriors,interiors and stereo system
You need to set a budget for yourself, Like I said mod potential is endless. Do it in stages.

Quote:
4.What are the decent modifications to give my civic a very nice bling and where should I get it done ? I used to stay in hyderabad,but because of personal issues I am not in hyderabad any more.I stay in vijayawada now
Dont know much about Hyderabad and Vijayawada, TBHPians from HYD may help you on this.

check out my threads for info, Here are the links.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...re-mapped.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ivic-iced.html
Old 18th December 2009, 11:48   #776
Senior - BHPian

[quote=keertan;1639510]The civic comes with a built in entertainment system with a 6 cd changer that plays MP3 and the 2009 model also has a USB in-port. If you still want to change the system, you will have to buy a faceplate for your central console and then you can replace with any after-market double DIN system. these are available from Pioneer, JVC, Clarion, Sony etc

Just one clarification Keertan, I have just bought the new facelifted Civic on 25th Nov. There is no 6 cd changer anymore - now its a single cd player with AUX and USB
Cheers.
Old 18th December 2009, 21:46   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post

1.First of all congrats on the purchase Rude7, Do you want an All out Show car or you want a Daily drive with decent mods on it??

2.But from my experience if MODs are done right with the right equipment and installer nothing will go wrong. I have been modding my car from the next day it came with me.

3.I would advise getting the first service done and then start off, Though you can do it before that also, no problems in that.

4.You need to set a budget for yourself, Like I said mod potential is endless. Do it in stages.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...re-mapped.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ivic-iced.html
Hey thanks a lot for answering my questions.

1.In my city,hardly there are 4 or 5 honda civics,so I want my civic to dominate a little with the sports car look.

2. I want to modify it on the first day itself.So looks like i don't have any problem.

3.I think i can't wait till the first service,atleast i will make some minor changes.Special thanks for this,it helps me a lot

4.Actually I thought of asking the Maximum budget I can spend on the mods.I don't want to feel like "I spend a lot on this,is it really worthy ".But any how,as you told me to do it in stages.I will take your help before i get started with it.

Thanks for the links,I think i will make a list of mods and will get back to you soon.Really thanks a lot,I feel so happy for your help.
Old 18th December 2009, 22:12   #778
BHPian

Quote:
I want some hifi system with some decent bling
Quote:
I want my civic to dominate a little with the sports car look.
In my very humble opinion, "bling" and "sports car look" don't go together. Don't mix up the two or else it will become a classic case of all show no go.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:42   #779
BHPian

booked my honda civic 1.8v tafeta white today.Will be taking delivery between jan 11th-14th 2010.And thank god ! Found this famous car mod shop at vijayawada,it's hyderabad's famous PITSHOP.

Initial mods are :
Typhoon K and N replacer - 18k - Confirmed.Will be doing it on the first day itself

These pitshop guys are official distributors for AVAWHEELS at vijayawada,so he told me to select any model from the website itself and order.Should I go for 16" rims or 17" rims.Roads at my place are worst and heavy traffic.

And CATBACK or magna flow,don't know about it ? I asked the shop guy,he said we dont have any right now.He told me to get the info properly and then tell him,so that he will get them asap.

I saw civ4647 talking about this catback in m4ugr8's topic,can any one tell me what is this ? So that I can tell the pitshop guy tomorrow once ? this is used to give rev sound to the car.And civ4647 has some mutual friends with me,so i will be calling him,but please tell me what's that ?

P.S:two of my friends cars are red.One is red verna and red swift,is there any possibility to get my civic painted red ? I mean after registration ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:57   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude7 View Post
1.In my city,hardly there are 4 or 5 honda civics,so I want my civic to dominate a little with the sports car look.
Thats surprising. Did you mean 4 or 5 modded Civic's??

Quote:
2. I want to modify it on the first day itself.So looks like i don't have any problem.
There should be no probs on getting ICE, interior, body or wheel mods but let the performance stuff come in a little later.

Quote:
These pitshop guys are official distributors for AVAWHEELS at vijayawada,so he told me to select any model from the website itself and order.Should I go for 16" rims or 17" rims.Roads at my place are worst and heavy traffic.
AVA? Are they good? Never heard of them. Do check out other brands as well and get a good unique deisgn. And about the size, since you said the roads or pretty bad, its best to stick to 15"s or 16"s at the most.

Congrats on the car!

Last edited by karthik247 : 23rd December 2009 at 18:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks