Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 09:31   #856
BHPian

Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post

Sure.Here are some pictures without any editing.
Ignore the TRD Decal.

Your vRS looks great in person.
The Civic looks tastefully modded minus the TRD decal as you stated , unlike most of the cars here in our city which are over-the-top when it comes to external mods with unnecessary decals/spoilers/ lights galore.Nothing like an understated presence.Neatly executed and cheers to that colour.

Thank you for the compliments.I have'nt done much with the vRS except the wheels and streetglow strobes.It doesnt need much other than that IMHO with those clean lines and the low stance.Where have you seen it in person?Im asking cuz I only take it out late nights or weekends and its always driven by me.

Last edited by octane1002 : 29th February 2012 at 09:32.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:22   #857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
Way to put a damper on things

You're right, with any luck I should be able to find someone to buy the 4 OEM rims/tyres i'm selling -hopefully a confirmed buyer before they actually come off the car, so that I know I have 50k + 10k to play with.

A friend of mine says I can get Dunlop Direzza DZ101 for a good price... They seem to be pretty decent. Any thoughts?

And the 28 to 32k you mention is for HRS? Or something like lensos, konig, enkei etc?
Sorry haha.

The Direzza101 is a mediocre tire, nothing great as such. Depending on the price consider it. Otherwise see the A-Drive R1s, those should be be available at a decent price.

In 30k for alloys you will get Lensos and maybe HRs for like 3-4k less.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:16   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
The Civic looks tastefully modded minus the TRD decal as you stated , unlike most of the cars here in our city which are over-the-top when it comes to external mods with unnecessary decals/spoilers/ lights galore.Nothing like an understated presence.Neatly executed and cheers to that colour.

Thank you for the compliments.I have'nt done much with the vRS except the wheels and streetglow strobes.It doesnt need much other than that IMHO with those clean lines and the low stance.Where have you seen it in person?Im asking cuz I only take it out late nights or weekends and its always driven by me.
Haha,Yep.
Its all about the lights,stickers here in calcutta and which car looks the fastest.

Have seen your vRS one late night in southern avenue a few months back.
Old 29th February 2012, 16:22   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Since these pics were taken, I've added team-bhp stickers and Mugen logos on the spoiler.

Great to see your car with the Mugen style spoiler, looks very good.

Just wanted to check on a couple of things with regards to the spoiler:
  • Is it made of ABS Plastic or Fiber Glass?
  • If it is fiber glass where did you do the sanding and painting and how much did it cost you?
  • How exactly is it fixed to the car?

I just bought a Mugen Style Spoiler from Rstyle for my ANHC. So I need to find the right workshop who can paint it and install it.

BTW I paid 150BHT each for the same mugen logos at the store.

Last edited by bharatbs : 29th February 2012 at 16:26.
Old 29th February 2012, 17:22   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post

• Is it made of ABS Plastic or Fiber Glass?
  • If it is fiber glass where did you do the sanding and painting and how much did it cost you?
  • How exactly is it fixed to the car?
I just bought a Mugen Style Spoiler from Rstyle for my ANHC. So I need to find the right workshop who can paint it and install it.

Nice.Do check out the Modded Honda City's Thread.There you shall notice a White Honda City i-VTEC posted by my which has a Mugen RR Bodykit and Mugen Spoiler.

Would suggest you to get the spoiler painted at your nearest Honda After Sales Service Centre.Its best to go there because the paint will match then.
The spoiler will have to be drilled to the Boot.Sticking it with 3M double sided tape wont help here.
Old 29th February 2012, 18:48   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs

[*]Is it made of ABS Plastic or Fiber Glass?
[*]If it is fiber glass where did you do the sanding and painting and how much did it cost you?
[*]How exactly is it fixed to the car?

Thanks. The spoiler is a Mugen replica (also sometimes incorrectly referred to as the Type R spoiler because it looks similar). It's ABS plastic, comes unpainted. The store you buy it from will usually arrange the painting for you - just give the shade name.

An original spoiler will probably set you back by 20k. I got mine for about 8k including everything (paint, fitting) from auto marc in Delhi. The price may vary a little according to demand-supply, forex rates, number of pieces imported etc.. But you get the idea!

Although I did pay 1000 extra for importing the mugen badges from rstyle. The spoiler has the spaces for the logos. And you paid only 150THB for the same logos? How long back?

If it was recent, that means they have different prices for the store in MBK and online.

And cityvic is right... The spoiler has to be drilled. It has four nuts built it, two on each side. The design is such that the spoiler can only be placed in that exact position... Not a cm here or there. But yes, four holes will have to be drilled into the boot. Double tape will just come off or could be easily removed/stolen.

Last edited by dynomite : 29th February 2012 at 18:51.
Old 1st March 2012, 11:37   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. The spoiler is a Mugen replica (also sometimes incorrectly referred to as the Type R spoiler because it looks similar). It's ABS plastic, comes unpainted. The store you buy it from will usually arrange the painting for you - just give the shade name.
Thanks for your detailed reply.

My spoiler is made of fiber glass, I tried a couple of shops on Chula road (Prathunam, Bangkok) but could not find a ABS plastic Mugen spoiler for Honda City. They only had it for the Civic.

And I don't think there is an official Mugen version of Honda City, so I will not get a original spoiler anywhere.

The logos cost 150 THB each at the store on Chula road, MBK is more expensive. I bought them on 28th Feb.

Lastly have you noticed any difference in the aerodynamics? both positive and negative?

Last edited by bharatbs : 1st March 2012 at 11:39.
Old 1st March 2012, 13:17   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Thanks for your detailed reply.

My spoiler is made of fiber glass, I tried a couple of shops on Chula road (Prathunam, Bangkok) but could not find a ABS plastic Mugen spoiler for Honda City. They only had it for the Civic.

And I don't think there is an official Mugen version of Honda City, so I will not get a original spoiler anywhere.

The logos cost 150 THB each at the store on Chula road, MBK is more expensive. I bought them on 28th Feb.

Lastly have you noticed any difference in the aerodynamics? both positive and negative?
Sure no problem.

So, this Chula Road in Prathunam market - does it have multiple car accessory shops? Do you have photos by any chance?

Aerodynamics - no difference really - but I've been only driving in the city. At the speeds we do, there really is no advantage other than looks. Will try a high speed run and see if there's any change.
Old 1st March 2012, 18:44   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Sure no problem.

So, this Chula Road in Prathunam market - does it have multiple car accessory shops? Do you have photos by any chance?

It is not the Prathunam clothes market. Chula road is on the opposite side, to the south of MBK (behind national stadium), the store location map is there on the RStyle website.

Yes lot of auto accessories stores here, Review:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2699307

Last edited by bharatbs : 1st March 2012 at 18:46.
Old 9th March 2012, 15:00   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Akshay is right.

If you're looking for a good and clean pair of wheels and tyres, be ready to invest about 65k-75k.

I'd also suggest brands like Enkei and Konig. Stay away from Hijoin/HR. No particular reason, just that these are 17" we're talking about and it's a Civic. Wouldn't you want a nice set at the end of the day?
Quote:
Way to put a damper on things

You're right, with any luck I should be able to find someone to buy the 4 OEM rims/tyres i'm selling -hopefully a confirmed buyer before they actually come off the car, so that I know I have 50k + 10k to play with.
Quote:
A friend of mine says I can get Dunlop Direzza DZ101 for a good price... They seem to be pretty decent. Any thoughts?
And the 28 to 32k you mention is for HRS? Or something like lensos, konig, enkei etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
In 50k you won't get 17s buddy. Assuming max you will get for your rims are tyres is 10k if you are very lucky, a decent set of 17s will cost you 28-32k for a set of 4 rims. Then tires will cost you 10k per tyre at least, unless you go for a not so great tire. So it will cost you 60+ at the least.
Quote:
Thanks - already contacted Rohit - but he's a little busy these days. Am just going to PM Manan.
Since I'm upgrading to 17s - budget is limited to 50K. I think I won't get a set of four Lenso/Konig/Enkei in that price (assuming that I spend Rs 7k per tyre - Rs 28,000) - leaves me with just Rs 22 or 23k for the alloys. I guess Hijoin (HRS) is what I'm left with.
Unless of course - I get a good price for the 4 OEM alloys and tyres that I plan to sell - Though my pre-owned car is 5 years old, the tyres have just done about 25k kms. Just posting some pics of my car after a fresh cost of wax.
Having just been back and forth with you over PMs a bunch of time, I though I'd add my two bits to the thread.

1. COST: Akshay is totally right. Having JUST been through this exercise for my Cruze, you're looking at AT LEAST 10k per tyre (11-12k if you want nice Yokos /Michelins, stay away from Dunlop) and about 6-8k per RIM). So Depending on whether you want 4 or 5 rims, you're looking at 65-80k for the upgrade, minus whatever you get for stock components). 17" Lensos should be in the vicinity of about 8k per rim, not more (8.5-9k if you're unlucky)

2. TYRES: If the budget permits, get Yoko Advan Sports. They're about 11k per tyre and they're fantastic. Akshay will back me up on this.

3. RIM SIZE: I would recommend going for 17" rims because they fill out the arches nicely without going overboard.

4. SUSPENSION: After you get your rims I'd consider putting in the coil spring adjusters. They don't cost much and make a world of difference to the suspension. Highly recommended for Civics.... check out GTO's thread.

5. Konigs are MUCH cheaper than Lensos. I found 3 sets (of four rims) of Konig's for 23k at a dealer in Bombay, and yes, they were original Konigs!!

6. Which rims: There's absolutely nothing wrong with HRS... I think they make some very nice looking wheels. I've never known them to have quality issues either. We've discussed what designs you want, so keep your eyes peeles for those ones.

Last edited by ghostrider : 9th March 2012 at 15:09.
ghostrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 16:24   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Having just been back and forth with you over PMs a bunch of time, I though I'd add my two bits to the thread.

1. COST: Akshay is totally right. Having JUST been through this exercise for my Cruze, you're looking at AT LEAST 10k per tyre (11-12k if you want nice Yokos /Michelins, stay away from Dunlop) and about 6-8k per RIM). So Depending on whether you want 4 or 5 rims, you're looking at 65-80k for the upgrade, minus whatever you get for stock components). 17" Lensos should be in the vicinity of about 8k per rim, not more (8.5-9k if you're unlucky)

2. TYRES: If the budget permits, get Yoko Advan Sports. They're about 11k per tyre and they're fantastic. Akshay will back me up on this.

3. RIM SIZE: I would recommend going for 17" rims because they fill out the arches nicely without going overboard.

4. SUSPENSION: After you get your rims I'd consider putting in the coil spring adjusters. They don't cost much and make a world of difference to the suspension. Highly recommended for Civics.... check out GTO's thread.

5. Konigs are MUCH cheaper than Lensos. I found 3 sets (of four rims) of Konig's for 23k at a dealer in Bombay, and yes, they were original Konigs!!

6. Which rims: There's absolutely nothing wrong with HRS... I think they make some very nice looking wheels. I've never known them to have quality issues either. We've discussed what designs you want, so keep your eyes peeles for those ones.
Wow - loads of info thanks!

1 - about tyres/rims, yes Dunlop is out. But I am seriously considering getting Maxxis Victra MA-Z1. They are way cheaper than the Advan Sports and I had the same tyres in 16-inch on my Swift Zxi - was pretty happy with them. And yes, 17 it is.

2 - suspension - the coil spring adjusters are worth trying and completely reversible. I've already contacted Darryl to arrange a set for the rear (the number was given in GTOs thread).

3 - Konigs are great - some really cool designs. I saw some, but none I really liked in hyper silver, my colour of choice. Problem with Konigs is that no one is really importing them anymore (per my understanding - if I'm wrong, please correct me - and then PM me the dealer's number )

4 - HRS - another trip to Sai Mag Wheels is in order - plus a visit to BK tyre in lajpat Nagar, New Delhi and a general visit to Karol Bagh.
Old 12th March 2012, 11:37   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Wow - loads of info thanks!
1 - about tyres/rims, yes Dunlop is out. But I am seriously considering getting Maxxis Victra MA-Z1. They are way cheaper than the Advan Sports and I had the same tyres in 16-inch on my Swift Zxi - was pretty happy with them. And yes, 17 it is.
You're most welcome.
Surprisingly not ONE of the 6 or 7 dealers I went to in Bombay stocked or sold Maxxis...I would've liked to have known a little more about their products. How much are the Maxxis 225/50 R17s MA-Z1s going to cost you per tyre?

Quote:
3 - Konigs are great - some really cool designs. I saw some, but none I really liked in hyper silver, my colour of choice. Problem with Konigs is that no one is really importing them anymore (per my understanding - if I'm wrong, please correct me - and then PM me the dealer's number )
I've been told the same thing.... no one's importing Konigs any more. Also, your experience mirrors mine insofar as not liking any of the Konig designs in any color. The dealer was Premji Tyres in Mahim but since you're in Delhi I'm not sure he'll be able to help.

Last edited by ghostrider : 12th March 2012 at 11:58.
Old 13th March 2012, 00:22   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider
You're most welcome.
Surprisingly not ONE of the 6 or 7 dealers I went to in Bombay stocked or sold Maxxis...I would've liked to have known a little more about their products. How much are the Maxxis 225/50 R17s MA-Z1s going to cost you per tyre?

I've been told the same thing.... no one's importing Konigs any more. Also, your experience mirrors mine insofar as not liking any of the Konig designs in any color. The dealer was Premji Tyres in Mahim but since you're in Delhi I'm not sure he'll be able to help.
The Maxxis upsize for the civic would be 225/45 R17. Should be about 6500 per tyre... Way lesser than the advans.

And yup, sad about the Konigs. Gyro uses to have them, till they shut shop.
Old 13th March 2012, 08:53   #869
Senior - BHPian

I had a horrible experience with the Maxxis tires when I had them on my Civic and I would honestly suggest sticking to a brand like Michlelin/Yokohama. Maxxis MA-Z1 are extremely noisy tires and they tend to loose grip on hard braking.

The tires are the only piece of your car which is in touch with the roads and I would honestly not compromise on them.
Old 26th March 2012, 23:16   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I've been thinking about doing the steering remote DYI. I was wondering if the wire spool in the center had the leads for the controls because our Civics never came with provision for these controls. Now I know it does.

Time to order the controls then.

You can just wire the armrest controls and the steering controls in parallel.

Were you able to order the parts etc, and complete it. I really appreciate if you could share the same with me, as I would like to do it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks