Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 12:44   #751
BHPian

Thanx a lot m4ugr8. So its safe ordering from them. Also i was planning to order a Mugen or HKS muffler for the civic. Since its a bigger product, will it be delivered perfectly???
Old 21st November 2009, 18:15   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
The process is pretty much the same as explained in the link posted above. No I have not done it on my car, Since I have an Aftermarket Head Unit installed. He sourced these controls from US only, Get the part from Honda India itself, The JAZZ and CITY use the same controls. Congrats on the spoiler, How much did you buy it for finally?? I also need one now, Since mine is completely destroyed as it came off while I was coming back from Chandigarh. Make sure to fix your spoiler correctly or else It will fall off like mine did.

You have to careful. You can mess things up if you dont know what you are doing. His controls work like a Charm and he had no issues fitting them.
I got the spoiler for 13K complete.. at rstyleracing.com, the exact spoiler with carbon fibre insert costs around 6900 THB (which would be around 10.5 K).. so I think, I got a good deal.. Sorry to hear about your spoiler coming off.. yeah, it took me and the techs, around 3 hrs to install it.. 4 bolts (4 drillings) and 3M tapes holding it.. I think it would hold on for quite some time and is thief proof as well

On the remote audio contol module for the steering, how did he do it? If I get the audio controls module for the City/Jazz, from Honda, do you know any tech who can install it on my Civic in NCR? I need this functionality desperately and would be willing to pay generously
Old 21st November 2009, 22:21   #753
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nifty piece of work on mounting the steering wheel audio controls. I wonder why Honda in India thought otherwise and provided the same in the rear seat.
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:21   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakn1985 View Post
Thanx a lot m4ugr8. So its safe ordering from them. Also i was planning to order a Mugen or HKS muffler for the civic. Since its a bigger product, will it be delivered perfectly???
I think so, I ordered my roof spoiler online and it came without any issues, The muffler should also come in safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I got the spoiler for 13K complete.. at rstyleracing.com, the exact spoiler with carbon fibre insert costs around 6900 THB (which would be around 10.5 K).. so I think, I got a good deal.. Sorry to hear about your spoiler coming off.. yeah, it took me and the techs, around 3 hrs to install it.. 4 bolts (4 drillings) and 3M tapes holding it.. I think it would hold on for quite some time and is thief proof as well

On the remote audio contol module for the steering, how did he do it? If I get the audio controls module for the City/Jazz, from Honda, do you know any tech who can install it on my Civic in NCR? I need this functionality e desperately and would be willing to pay generously
Thats a Good price you got it at. I will try contacting him if he has anymore. Get the part, PM me your contact details, I will tell him to help you out with the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Thats a nifty piece of work on mounting the steering wheel audio controls. I wonder why Honda in India thought otherwise and provided the same in the rear seat.
The HU can either support the Steering Remote or the Rear Armrest one, Since both work on the same jack. I think Honda India believes that Civics are mostly Chauffeur driven hence this choice.
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:21   #755
BHPian

can I know what are the size on the rims and tyres on this model? What brand are the rims? Looks really cool.

Old 22nd November 2009, 01:16   #756
BHPian

Thanx a lottttt m4ugr8 . Will plan for the same now
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:44   #757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
can I know what are the size on the rims and tyres on this model? What brand are the rims? Looks really cool.

those are m5 replica rims. they seem to be 17" and the tyre size most probably is 225/45 r17
Old 22nd November 2009, 02:50   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The HU can either support the Steering Remote or the Rear Armrest one, Since both work on the same jack. I think Honda India believes that Civics are mostly Chauffeur driven hence this choice.
What's stopping anyone from doing parallel connections to both? Has this been tried?
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:04   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
What's stopping anyone from doing parallel connections to both? Has this been tried?
Quote:
Now, how many of us fully agree to this belief of Honda? The Civic is an enthusiasts car and a whole bunch of owners like (love is the apt word here) to drive it (if not all of them). Bad reading of customers, Honda !

They should have at least provided the steering mounted audio controls as an option. And, as rightly quoted by pranavt, is it rocket science to have a parallel connection?

Last edited by rr_zen : 22nd November 2009 at 14:05.
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:48   #760
BHPian

At the same time, has any1 employed an HKS or Mugen end can for their civics??? Could you please give some feedback on the same . . . I have a Remus Hardline series end can. Are they better than Remus???
Old 23rd November 2009, 00:07   #761
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At the same time, has any1 employed an HKS or Mugen end can for their civics??? Could you please give some feedback on the same . . . I have a Remus Hardline series end can. Are they better than Remus???
How is your current Remus end can? I was contemplating on getting one installed but Dad played spoil sport! Is it too loud? What are the real world benefits? It seems to be a waste of money though! I personally would've liked to get a complete intake and exhaust mod job (K&N-Typhoon, Down-pipe and a Remus) and a remap. What would be the damages?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2009 at 00:18.
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:01   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
He has tried it, Infact even today he has all the parallel wiring done from the rear armrest remote and it still doesn't work.

Quote:
I had those Replica Mugen Endcans Bolt-On from Thailand only I think ,the one available at Rstyle for 3900BHAT, That gave away in one year of usage. change the Remus only when you are getting a Original Mugen or HKS Endcan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
How is your current Remus end can? I was contemplating on getting one installed but Dad played spoil sport! Is it too loud? What are the real world benefits? It seems to be a waste of money though! I personally would've liked to get a complete intake and exhaust mod job (K&N-Typhoon, Down-pipe and a Remus) and a remap. What would be the damages?
Remus is not very loud, The one I have has a nice Deep tone audible at High revs only. Whats the use of buying one?? Well whats the use of spending so much on Adidas or Nike shoes when Bata shoes do the same job, I think Buying Adidas shoes are a waste of money. These endcans maybe expensive but they do their job well.

K&N Typhoon kit now costs close 19000 I believe. Remap is for around 30000 and Remus will also set you back by close to 20000.
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:11   #763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Remus is not very loud, The one I have has a nice Deep tone audible at High revs only. Whats the use of buying one?? Well whats the use of spending so much on Adidas or Nike shoes when Bata shoes do the same job, I think Buying Adidas shoes are a waste of money. These endcans maybe expensive but they do their job well.

K&N Typhoon kit now costs close 19000 I believe. Remap is for around 30000 and Remus will also set you back by close to 20000.
Thank you m4ugr8.

I was aware of the prices of the Remus and the Typhoon intake kit but not the Remap. Is there an alternative to Remus and Magnaflo end cans? Milltek make some amazing exhausts but are they available for JDM Civics? Something tells me that they're not!
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:23   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thank you m4ugr8.

I was aware of the prices of the Remus and the Typhoon intake kit but not the Remap. Is there an alternative to Remus and Magnaflo end cans? Milltek make some amazing exhausts but are they available for JDM Civics? Something tells me that they're not!
Yeah I totally agree with m4ugr8. It makes a grumbling sound (not too loud) at high revs only. It is obviously worth the cash

Quote:
I had those Replica Mugen Endcans Bolt-On from Thailand only I think ,the one available at Rstyle for 3900BHAT, That gave away in one year of usage. change the Remus only when you are getting a Original Mugen or HKS Endcan.
NOw how do I verify if the Mugen or HKS endcan available is "Original" or not ??? . Here are the links รวม ชุดแต่ง ประดับยนต์ Car Accessories & Car Spoiler Civic Import Export - Muffler HKS for civic07-9 and รวม ชุดแต่ง ประดับยนต์ Car Accessories & Car Spoiler Civic Import Export - ex civic 2006 mugen ปลายไททาเนี่ยม. Which is better do you feel? I want the 1 which makes more noise

Last edited by Eddy : 24th November 2009 at 23:22. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Use the edit option if posting within 20 min. Thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 11:31   #765
Senior - BHPian

Why not buy a HKS Orginal Endcan from here India only?? Race Dynamics are official importers and distributors of HKS in India and when I last checked with their Dealer in Delhi, autopoint noida, He had a bolt-on for the civic for around 18K if I remember correctly. I think it makes sense to buy from them directly.

The second one is a Replica for sure. Its the same endcan I had with only a titanium tip with Mugen written on it, This muffler gave away in one year of usage. You can also try the Magnaflow complete catback.

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 24th November 2009 at 11:32.

Most Viewed