Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 13:10   #841
BHPian

Re: Modded Honda Civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post

Oh good. Let me know if you can carry some badges/logs for me ;-)
So I ordered online from Rstyle - more as a test purchase really. Wanted to see how fast they ship, if there are any problems with customs etc.

Wanted some Mugen logos for the Mugen replica spoiler that I have.

And here they are - took about a week to arrive.

Modded Honda Civics-mugen1.jpg

You can make out that they're really high quality - made from solid aluminium with the letters neatly engraved and painted in.

Total amount that I paid for them (including shipping charges) was Rs 997.

Modded Honda Civics-mugen-2.jpg
Old 24th February 2012, 13:14   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
So I ordered online from Rstyle - more as a test purchase really. Wanted to see how fast they ship, if there are any problems with customs etc.

Wanted some Mugen logos for the Mugen replica spoiler that I have.

And here they are - took about a week to arrive.

Attachment 893020

You can make out that they're really high quality - made from solid aluminium with the letters neatly engraved and painted in.

Total amount that I paid for them (including shipping charges) was Rs 997.

Attachment 893021
Oh.. they look lovely & high quality ones .
Shipping is indeed fast.
Looks like now I have to get some parts from rstyleracing too...
Old 24th February 2012, 13:27   #843
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton for that test purchase.Now I dont need to wait for anyone to go to Bangkok to get me stuff.
Online is the way now.

I have similar badges too.Quality is never an issue with them.
Old 24th February 2012, 13:46   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Shipping is indeed fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Thanks a ton for that test purchase.Now I dont need to wait for anyone to go to Bangkok to get me stuff.
Online is the way now.

I have similar badges too.Quality is never an issue with them.
I think overall the experience was good.

But one does pay quite a bit extra. The cost for the pair of logos was actually just 380 THB (Baht) - roughly Rs 600.

They charged 200 THB for shipping and 25 THB for some mysterious 'fees'. A total of 605THB which coverted to Rs 997 (paid using PayPal).

If ordering more quantity, shipping costs also go up. They sent me these logos by post (EMS) in a simple brown envelope. More items would be sent in a small package which would incur more charges (and probably a higher mysterious 'fee').

I"d say that if you're desperate, order online - but a visit to MBK mall is still better.
dynomite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 20:24   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Shipping is indeed fast.
I too have the same logo, brought from ebay 2 years back, the quality get full marks.Online shopping has become one of my best hobby besides cars. Had done many auto-parts purchases from ebay, ijdmtoy and all.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this, nice find.

Last edited by k_shanz : 24th February 2012 at 20:28.
Old 25th February 2012, 13:32   #846
Senior - BHPian

A few friend's Modded Honda Civics here in Calcutta.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-civic-2.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-5.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-3.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-4.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-civic-1.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 13:14   #847
BHPian

Quote:
I like the way the owner of the blue Civic has integrated the L-shaped DRLs into the front skirt.

Some nice wheels too - I've been in a dilemma myself and looking at so many 17-inch designs. So far, none have really caught my fancy.

I've been looking for Sato wheels that Sushruth had linked for me in a previous post - but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Ok - open offer - any BHPian in Delhi who has a Civic with 17-inchers - lets meet up.

I just need to know what the ride with 17s feels like. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2012 at 00:11. Reason: No mention of alcohol is allowed, please read board rules clearly before proceeding further. Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 13:21   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I like the way the owner of the blue Civic has integrated the L-shaped DRLs into the front skirt.

Some nice wheels too - I've been in a dilemma myself and looking at so many 17-inch designs. So far, none have really caught my fancy.

I've been looking for Sato wheels that Sushruth had linked for me in a previous post - but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Ok - open offer - any BHPian in Delhi who has a Civic with 17-inchers - lets meet up.

I just need to know what the ride with 17s feels like. PM me if you're interested.
Hey,thanks a ton.Will convey the comments to the owner.

There are quite alot of T-Bhpians running 17's on their Civic in Delhi.Would suggest you to get in touch with eaither Manan (m4ugr8) or Rohit (AceF355).

17's will totally change the look of your car.Try checking out reputed brands like Lenso,Konig,Enkei.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th February 2012 at 00:12. Reason: quoted post has been edited, thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 13:40   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,thanks a ton.Will convey the comments to the owner.

There are quite alot of T-Bhpians running 17's on their Civic in Delhi.Would suggest you to get in touch with eaither Manan (m4ugr8) or Rohit (AceF355).

17's will totally change the look of your car.Try checking out reputed brands like Lenso,Konig,Enkei.
Thanks - already contacted Rohit - but he's a little busy these days. Am just going to PM Manan.

Since I'm upgrading to 17s - budget is limited to 50K. I think I won't get a set of four Lenso/Konig/Enkei in that price (assuming that I spend Rs 7k per tyre - Rs 28,000) - leaves me with just Rs 22 or 23k for the alloys. I guess Hijoin (HRS) is what I'm left with.

Unless of course - I get a good price for the 4 OEM alloys and tyres that I plan to sell - Though my pre-owned car is 5 years old, the tyres have just done about 25k kms. Just posting some pics of my car after a fresh cost of wax.

Modded Honda Civics-fresh-polish.jpg
Modded Honda Civics-fresh-polish-2.jpg
Modded Honda Civics-fresh-polish-3.jpg
Modded Honda Civics-fresh-polish-4.jpg

Since these pics were taken, I've added team-bhp stickers and Mugen logos on the spoiler.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:51   #850
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dynomite, You are most welcome to come have a ride in my car anytime, but my car runs a TIEN super street full coilover suspension, you won't really get to know how 17" feels on stock suspension as they are completely setups, that said you can come visit anytime. I shall PM you my number.
Old 27th February 2012, 15:25   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Can we have some more pics(without the B/W tints) of the violet Civ?The black with metal lip combo does look very good on that violet shade.That said Im a sucker for black wheels my own RS runs on matte blacks since the day Ive owned it.

Last edited by octane1002 : 27th February 2012 at 15:26.
Old 27th February 2012, 20:20   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - already contacted Rohit - but he's a little busy these days. Am just going to PM Manan.

Since I'm upgrading to 17s - budget is limited to 50K. I think I won't get a set of four Lenso/Konig/Enkei in that price (assuming that I spend Rs 7k per tyre - Rs 28,000) - leaves me with just Rs 22 or 23k for the alloys. I guess Hijoin (HRS) is what I'm left with.

Since these pics were taken, I've added team-bhp stickers and Mugen logos on the spoiler.
That civic looks clean.Will suggest you to put a Carbon Fibre Grill and Get Dark Tints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Can we have some more pics(without the B/W tints) of the violet Civ?The black with metal lip combo does look very good on that violet shade.That said Im a sucker for black wheels my own RS runs on matte blacks since the day Ive owned it.
Sure.Here are some pictures without any editing.
Ignore the TRD Decal.

Your vRS looks great in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-dsc_9082.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc_9083.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc_9147.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-dsc_9150.jpg  

cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 22:06   #853
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In 50k you won't get 17s buddy. Assuming max you will get for your rims are tyres is 10k if you are very lucky, a decent set of 17s will cost you 28-32k for a set of 4 rims. Then tires will cost you 10k per tyre at least, unless you go for a not so great tire. So it will cost you 60+ at the least.

Suggest you get dark grey/gunmetal alloys, they will look sick with that colour.
Old 27th February 2012, 23:38   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

In 50k you won't get 17s buddy. Assuming max you will get for your rims are tyres is 10k if you are very lucky, a decent set of 17s will cost you 28-32k for a set of 4 rims. Then tires will cost you 10k per tyre at least, unless you go for a not so great tire. So it will cost you 60+ at the least.

Suggest you get dark grey/gunmetal alloys, they will look sick with that colour.
Way to put a damper on things

You're right, with any luck I should be able to find someone to buy the 4 OEM rims/tyres i'm selling -hopefully a confirmed buyer before they actually come off the car, so that I know I have 50k + 10k to play with.

A friend of mine says I can get Dunlop Direzza DZ101 for a good price... They seem to be pretty decent. Any thoughts?

And the 28 to 32k you mention is for HRS? Or something like lensos, konig, enkei etc?
Old 27th February 2012, 23:45   #855
Team-BHP Support

Akshay is right.

If you're looking for a good and clean pair of wheels and tyres, be ready to invest about 65k-75k. But it will be worth it. 17" wheels might be a tad large, but it will fill-up the wheel-wells quite nicely. That said, you might have to baby your car over pot-holes and speed-breakers.

If you can settle for 16", that would be the best. Gun-metal alloys should go well with your Civic's sky-blue hue. Look for Lenso Samurai wheels. They seem pretty nice, if they're still available that is.

I'd also suggest brands like Enkei and Konig. Stay away from Hijoin/HR. No particular reason, just that these are 17" we're talking about and it's a Civic. Wouldn't you want a nice set at the end of the day?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th February 2012 at 09:49. Reason: typo

Most Viewed