Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:30   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Hello all...
A friend intends to buy a Civic soon,and was wondering what would be the costs of fitting the following onto his car (mostly an S M/T. I believe they no longer sell the S A/T):

1. Leather upholstry (has anyone owning a Civic approached Stanley for a quote?? It would be very helpful)

2. External mods would be almost none, the car would be kept clean, but i've personally seen a white Civic with scissor doors and it looks manic. Fell in love with it, and my friend liked the idea too. Any idea how much the scissor doors cost (only front, I assume?)

3. Is there anyone who incorporates turn indicators on the stock ORVM's? I've seen a few modifications but the mirror isn't stock, its an aftermarket chrome-finished mirror which IMO cheapens the look of the car overall.

Thanks in advance for help. I hope I have posted in the right thread. My apologies to the mods if i've erred.

the white one with scissors is in dadar..they scissors cost around 30-40 thousand..atleast that is what i have heard
Old 6th February 2008, 20:37   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Hello all...
A friend intends to buy a Civic soon,and was wondering what would be the costs of fitting the following onto his car (mostly an S M/T. I believe they no longer sell the S A/T):

1. Leather upholstry (has anyone owning a Civic approached Stanley for a quote?? It would be very helpful)

2. External mods would be almost none, the car would be kept clean, but i've personally seen a white Civic with scissor doors and it looks manic. Fell in love with it, and my friend liked the idea too. Any idea how much the scissor doors cost (only front, I assume?)

3. Is there anyone who incorporates turn indicators on the stock ORVM's? I've seen a few modifications but the mirror isn't stock, its an aftermarket chrome-finished mirror which IMO cheapens the look of the car overall.

Thanks in advance for help. I hope I have posted in the right thread. My apologies to the mods if i've erred.
hi, if your friend wants all the above, then why is he going in for the "s" variant. in "v" u get fantastic leather seats, i think its nappa, turn indicators on ORVM's, fog lamps, all factory fitted. then why does he wanna go for aftermarket.
Old 6th February 2008, 20:54   #153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
hi, if your friend wants all the above, then why is he going in for the "s" variant. in "v" u get fantastic leather seats, i think its nappa, turn indicators on ORVM's, fog lamps, all factory fitted. then why does he wanna go for aftermarket.
You can save close to 20k if you get all these done on S model.
Old 7th February 2008, 04:32   #154
BHPian

Some One Needs To Modify One Of These Babies......turbooooooo
Old 7th February 2008, 07:17   #155
BHPian

Civic 1.8's are known to churn out 200 BHP with ECU upgrades alone. I had seen a present gen civic on the net ( don't remeber the site ) dyno tested to 243 BHP with an 8 Psi turbo and an ECU remapped by Performance Chip.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:18   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits
The stock seats on V variant are not Napa, they are the mid range leather. Even Accord/Camary category does not have Napa on any brand.

Napa is very fine soft leather which is also somewhat delicate and hence most cars do not have that as standard fitment. This is reserved for only high end cars. (high means high)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS_power
Civic 1.8's are known to churn out 200 BHP with ECU upgrades alone. I had seen a present gen civic on the net ( don't remeber the site ) dyno tested to 243 BHP with an 8 Psi turbo and an ECU remapped by Performance Chip.
I guess you are mistaking it for K20 2.0 ltr DOHC engine focused on performance. Indian Civic has R18A 1.8 ltr engine focused on economy with dash of performance. I am not sure if there are any branded chip remaps available as of now for R18A (at least the Hondata hasn;t got one yet), the same goes for the turbo - there are no branded kits for R18 available yet. I know of a Chinese kit which boasts about 230bhp but their claims are not verified by anyone yet, and I am not sure if I would want a Chinese turbo on my car!

R18 is a very new engine and in most other countries CIvic is sold with K20 engine also. So the performance oriented go for K20 engine and the After market industry is more focused on extracting more from K20. It will take time for them to focus on R18 engine and come up with some standard kits.

All said I believe once the kit and the turbo is out it should be possible to reliably achieve 200 BHP for a daily driver.
Old 8th February 2008, 23:48   #157
Senior - BHPian

two whole days and my posts are still not visible (i dont know if this is normal). and unreliable internet connection. man i hate being a newbie! i typed out so much and it doesnt show up here. so now i'll just make this reply short.
  • civic s+stanley+orvms = substantially cheaper than civic v.
  • somehow i did not like the leather on the civic. nor does my friend. stanley is stanley.
  • scissor doors have been ruled out. anyway i finally saw a column in business today suppliment dated 8th feb. stated 65k for "single shocker set" and 1lac for "double shocker set". what do these things mean?

i apologize for such a short and seemingly curt reply. i thank you all for your contributions in this matter. the civic s is finalized. it will go to stanley boutique soon after.
Old 9th February 2008, 09:47   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
man the red civic is damn hot.. i think it was a built for kill... Lucky guy.... Civics's arn't available in RED do they??

not civic in red..
indeed this red civic is really hot..
Old 12th February 2008, 10:57   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
I think those headlamps look fabulous in person, and you have to see them at night, its mind blowing. Think again, below is a pic.

hi ,i have fixed the same projector type headlamps onto my civic just recently with both hi and low beams with xenon lamps, but the problem after installing them is that the low beam works on the inner projectors and high beams on the outer ones. thus resulting to the low beams giving a very bright light discharge as compared to the high beams. does these headlamps work this way or is it a error in installing the same??. i need a clarfication on this please.
Old 12th February 2008, 12:06   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash 5555 View Post
hi ,i have fixed the same projector type headlamps onto my civic just recently with both hi and low beams with xenon lamps, but the problem after installing them is that the low beam works on the inner projectors and high beams on the outer ones. thus resulting to the low beams giving a very bright light discharge as compared to the high beams. does these headlamps work this way or is it a error in installing the same??. i need a clarfication on this please.
The inner lamps are reflectors whereas the outer are projectors which are more suited to xenons. The low beam should be in the outer projectors since it will be much more focused there. The high beams should be in the inner reflector. The ones in the reflector will look brighter since the light from it is more dispersed.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 12th February 2008 at 12:09.
Old 12th February 2008, 12:08   #161
Senior - BHPian

ash5555 your beams are fitted the other way around, get the connections switched. The outer projectors are for low beams and the inner beam is for high.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:01   #162
BHPian

Hey, where does one get the Xenons for the Civic and how much would a set cost including installation?
Thanks !
Old 12th February 2008, 15:02   #163
BHPian

How much do those carbon fiber bonnets cost? Blueraven any reply dude?
Old 13th February 2008, 12:49   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The inner lamps are reflectors whereas the outer are projectors which are more suited to xenons. The low beam should be in the outer projectors since it will be much more focused there. The high beams should be in the inner reflector. The ones in the reflector will look brighter since the light from it is more dispersed.
thanks a lot for the reply, so is it advised to go in for xenons on both(low and high beams) or only xenon on the low beams and halogen for the high beams.
Old 13th February 2008, 20:18   #165
Team-BHP Support

get xenons for the low beams and halogens for the high beams. the reason being that you normally would use high beams to flash. the xenons take a few seconds to warm up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks