Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 10:56   #256

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
hi,, i have a set of angel eyes for my civic,,i bought them in singapore as they were the only ones that was government approved ,unlike the ones u get in india,, these have built according to some set standard and quality,plus mine with white CFL for the angel eyes. They are really good,,and best when used with HID bulbs,
For cost cutting u can go this arrangement:
Use HID for high beam only, and use phillips bulb with same color temperature for low beam.
They both look the same and saves you atleast 8000 rupees
actually you should be using hids for low beam and halogens for high beam because most of the time you will driving on low beams.
Old 12th March 2008, 11:40   #257
BHPian

HID on high beam

The problem is that the reflector for high beam is very small,,therefore the halogens dont give that spread and throw, the beam range is limited and during night driving it causes strain and lower visibility. Normaly people suggest HID for low beam,because for city driving its suitable,,but from my experience during high speeds at night , the further u can see , the better it is,therfore i suggested HID for high beam
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
actually you should be using hids for low beam and halogens for high beam because most of the time you will driving on low beams.
Old 12th March 2008, 14:19   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
The problem is that the reflector for high beam is very small,,therefore the halogens dont give that spread and throw, the beam range is limited and during night driving it causes strain and lower visibility. Normaly people suggest HID for low beam,because for city driving its suitable,,but from my experience during high speeds at night , the further u can see , the better it is,therfore i suggested HID for high beam
well AFAIK there is a projector for low beam which is best suited to HIDs. they will be much more focused over there and you probably wont need to use high beam.
Old 12th March 2008, 17:40   #259
BHPian

Hi,
was on my way to office, when I stopped by a HP station to fill in fuel. Guess what I see! This car belongs to the owner of the fuel station. IMO One of the best looking civic's in B'lore.. The Mugen kit is awesome.

This guy also had a black colored City! dunno where that is now!

Apologies for the poor quality of the pic, took it from my phone!

Cheers,
Shrey
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-image113.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-image114.jpg  

Modded Honda Civics-image115.jpg  

Old 12th March 2008, 17:45   #260
R.G
BHPian

Great mods on that civic. Like the alloys too..
Old 12th March 2008, 17:51   #261
BHPian

Looks great. I remember seeing this civic in someother thread in teambhp. May be in the thread on VIP numbers!
Old 13th March 2008, 11:46   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad
You should not use HID on high beam, as high beam does not have a cut off and it will give a very bad glare to oncoming traffic, which might even lead to fatal accidents.

Also unless you are going with 4000k (yellow) HID, without projector diffusion will be too much in HID and your visible range may be even shorter than the regular halogen bulb. (near will be too bright and far will be too dark).

Further regular HID bulbs take time to warm up (4-5 secs) so you cannot use them (in high beam) for flashing. HID's take a huge amount of energy to create the electric arc initially, they are not designed for frequent on-offs (and flashing) - this will kill the bulb before time and may also impact your electrical system.

Go for HIDs on low beam and high power halogens on high beam if required.
BTW IMO there is no issue with high beam spread...
Old 14th March 2008, 00:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi,
was on my way to office, when I stopped by a HP station to fill in fuel. Guess what I see! This car belongs to the owner of the fuel station. IMO One of the best looking civic's in B'lore.. The Mugen kit is awesome.

Cheers,
Shrey
Here is the Red civic prior to paint job. IMO Better in white.

Modded Honda Civics-whilte-civic.jpg
Old 14th March 2008, 01:13   #264
Team-BHP Support

Here's a modded Civic with Angel eyes from Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Modded Honda Civics-p3060098.jpg  

Old 14th March 2008, 04:13   #265
BHPian

I have to take back my words for saying that i did not like her. She looks killer in red n black combo.
Old 14th March 2008, 13:17   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Karan,

Are you taking part in the Speed Run. If yes good time to prove what you say. Will be driving a Civic in your category, lets see who is faster

Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I guess a lot depends on whose driving it, how it is launched and the state of tune of the (stock) car. Otherwise they are too close to give a clear verdict eitherways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Disregarding the engine specs, Civic has a better aerodynamic design which definitely aid in high speed run. SOHC? From what I know, only NHC has SOHC engines.

Well , let the timings do the talking now ...
The fastest Civic , which was Vipers Civic did a 18.144
The corollas (both my friend Paras' & Divens) did 17.444 & 17.776.
(the mods in the corolla included Stage 1 + port polish in divens - which did 16.5xx(without adding up the RT) car which was faster than paras' though paras was running on the same Stage 1 + port polish + light weight cams (his car looses out < 4.5k rpm , that may be the reason for him clocking 16.7xx(without adding up the RT) but Paras came 2nd and diven 3rd because of his better RT , and 1st was an Accent Viva (1.6 tuned by game over , my another friend Gauravs) wooh that war really kicks in @ > 3rd gear , nevertheless it was an arguement of Corolla v/s Civic.

The timings qouted are from refrence to the results of the speed run (Indian cars - pg. 2 , 3)

AUTOCAR INDIA Speed Run 2008 Mumbai are March 1st -2nd

Last edited by karan561 : 14th March 2008 at 13:23.
Old 14th March 2008, 13:25   #267
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Well , let the timings do the talking now ...
The fastest Civic , which was Vipers Civic did a 18.144
The corollas (both my friend Paras' & Divens) did 17.444 & 17.776.
(the mods in the corolla included Stage 1 + port polish in divens - which did 16.5xx(without adding up the RT) car which was faster than paras' though paras was running on the same Stage 1 + port polish + light weight cams (his car looses out < 4.5k rpm , that may be the reason for him clocking 16.7xx(without adding up the RT) but Paras came 2nd and diven 3rs because of his better RT , and 1st was an Accent Viva (1.6 tuned by game over , my another friend Gauravs) wooh that war really kicks in @ > 3rd gear , nevertheless it was an arguement of Corolla v/s Civic.

The timings qouted are from refrence to the results of the speed run (Indian cars - pg. 2 , 3)

AUTOCAR INDIA Speed Run 2008 Mumbai are March 1st -2nd

Karan,

You gotta compare apples to apples.

The Civic had only a exhaust and replacement K&N filter. compared to both the Toyota's which had Stage 2 Mods. If you still think after all those mods and a diff of about .500 secs the Corolla is faster I rest my case.

Viper
Old 14th March 2008, 18:12   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Karan,

The Civic had only a exhaust and replacement K&N filter. compared to both the Toyota's which had Stage 2 Mods. If you still think after all those mods and a diff of about .500 secs the Corolla is faster I rest my case.

Viper
Even the spare wheel wasn't removed . Case rested!
Old 14th March 2008, 18:50   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Karan,

Viper
hey viper,

last year @ speed run 2007, paras' corolla had only a K&N air filter and a cat back exhaust and it managed to do a 16.8xx...should i rest my case now??
Old 14th March 2008, 18:57   #270
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets just stick to Modded Civics & leave the Speedrun for other threads

@Vikram: Lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks