Old 23rd October 2007, 21:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
@Piper 285 profile Cam Shaft
Throttle body enlargement
Lighter Fly wheels
Race Dynamics ECM (RD0601 – Street)
Are you able to run all this w/o an FPR (unless your ECU is compensating with fuel
Old 23rd October 2007, 21:49   #62
BANNED

Hi,

IMO I dont think he needs a FPR with what he is running. Its another matter he has a Stand Alone which can increase/decrease the fuelling etc as required.

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Are you able to run all this w/o an FPR (unless your ECU is compensating with fuel
Old 25th October 2007, 00:49   #63
Awaiting Email Confirmation

race dynamics has really made a huge difference for a lot of swifts. And I'm sure his set up is going to be the talk of town for a long time to come CHEERS! on the perfect track setup(IMO)!
Old 25th October 2007, 11:04   #64
BHPian

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

@nitoxx: I do not wish to be the talk of the town an prefer to have a low profile . If someone tries to act smart with me then I would show what this car is capable of .
Old 26th October 2007, 08:49   #65
BHPian

peted vdi

hi if you have a peted vdi please can you commennt on theperformance and fuel effiency

Last edited by Rtech : 26th October 2007 at 11:05. Reason: Do not quote the entire post in your reply.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:03   #66
BHPian

Hi Ashwin,
Welcome to team BHP. First of all, please go through the posting rules before posting. You don't have to quote the whole message, just quote and highlight the part you want to talk about. Secondly, for the Peted VDI, there's a seperate thread. Please search for that thread and post there.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
@nitoxx: I do not wish to be the talk of the town an prefer to have a low profile .

Hi kumar, if you prefer a low profile, you should have opted for 195/50/14 instead of 195/60/14
Old 26th October 2007, 11:08   #68
BHPian

That is a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
Hi kumar, if you prefer a low profile, you should have opted for 195/50/14 instead of 195/60/14
Old 26th October 2007, 20:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kumar.

Quote:
hi if you have a peted vdi please can you commennt on theperformance and fuel effiency
DDIS is faster at low revvs, this is fast at high revvs, the DDIS is more FE.
Old 26th October 2007, 22:00   #70
Awaiting Email Confirmation

lol! ok in that case stick to what everyone says 195/50/14's just kidding. Hey i LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE AND THAT THE WAY TO GO ! enjoy your vdi to the max.
Old 30th October 2007, 19:08   #71
BANNED

Kumar , Ive been following this thread with a lot of interest and was very happy that you did get yourself one hot SWIFT specially with the amount of money + time that you spent on it . Also some members have vouched that your car is really really fast ... and that was like music to my ears and thus asked you for a detailed report once you got over the initial excitement and test driving of the machine .

But then ... Ive started to hear very diff stories from other sources . The main thing being that your car is another case of hard earned money gone down the drain ( unless you rectify it quickly ) due to some stupid tuner . i don't intend to ridicule you or make fun of you but instead go back and get your car tested and see if its really what the tuner had promised you ?? And the best part is that there is a dyno right there for you to go and find out unlike a lot of us who have no way of getting any such test done .

What I've heard and maybe I could be wrong is that the car doesn't move ..... the statement of the CAM kicking in wildly at 4k rpm also ain't true , basically that there is something wrong in the setup somewhere . Maybe it could be a small problem that could get sorted out in 2 mins or then maybe you need to go back to your tuner and sort him out .

Either way keep us updated !!!

Busa @ as you started this thread and you mentioned that it was really really fast .... is it possible that there was a difference in the car when you drove it and what it is now -- slower after final delivery ?? Or is it that you got the statement wrong .... but either way I think this car needs to be put onto the dyno to get the real picture .

Cheers
Old 30th October 2007, 19:21   #72
BANNED

I happened to drive the car on Sunday and all I would like to say is that there is something drastically wrong somewhere and I just hope it is a minor fault. The car is nowhere close to being fast as BUSA made it out to be.

Kumar has been told about the problem and am sure he will sort it out with his tuner.

Viper

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2007 at 10:31. Reason: No personal comments on members!
Old 30th October 2007, 19:47   #73
BHPian

kumar_ranjan do you mean karthik race dynamics from bangalore...can you pls give more info on the ecu and difference in drive after fitting it.. and pls post more pics of the apollo CAI filter pls... vbmenu_register("postmenu_607345", true);
Old 30th October 2007, 19:49   #74
BHPian

This is shocking news ,i thought this is gonna be the fastest swift on the forum but these facts have left me confused.
BUSA man since you were the one who got us all excited about this car i guess its better that you again test drive it and then post the truth.
Old 30th October 2007, 21:24   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsdisciple View Post
This is shocking news ,i thought this is gonna be the fastest swift on the forum but these facts have left me confused.
BUSA man since you were the one who got us all excited about this car i guess its better that you again test drive it and then post the truth.
It still could be the fastest .... maybe some kind fo tuning problem , you know how it is with modded rides !!! So don't get yet .... everyone seems to be a pro on modded cars a loud exhaust may have have been taken for it being fast .

And the only way to shut everyone up is the Dyno .... its a boon for guys like us and if the tuner knows what he is doing or what he is promising , then the best way is to go straight onto the dyno . Atleast it will be the end of tuners who claim that by putting a filter your power increases by 30 bhp and trash like that .

Till then lets wait for the owner to respond and see what he is feeling about his ride and stuff .

Viper @ I have my ears close to the ground and I know whats happening where . Just that I took extra interest in this ride as the owner really did seem to have spent quiet a bit and still wanted to keep the car silent but quick unliek us who prefer loud but slow machines . And thats how I heard what I heard though Im still not sure that it could be as bad as its being made to be . And when you drove it , what was your take ??

BUSA , maybe you shud TD it again and see what teh diff is .

Most Viewed