Team-BHP - Optra 1.8 P to 2.0 Diesel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Optra 1.8 P to 2.0 Diesel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30042-optra-1-8-p-2-0-diesel.html)

I have a Optra 1.8 petrol version, however after getting the Swift Pete'd the Optra seems to be a highly underpowered car. Torque is just 16KGM compared to 22KGM of the Swift. So i was thinking is it possible to do a swap of the 1.8 DTEC engine with the 2.0 TCDi engine of the Magnum. If yes, what all are the changes requirement. A few which i think are : -
  1. Engine
  2. Gearbox
  3. ECU
  4. Instrument Cluster
  5. Stiffer Springs and Suspension (Can opt for Konis)
And most importantly how much will i have to spend. How much will my current engine go for.

Please put in your inputs where will i get the engine and who can do the swap for me.

Thanks.

A Peted Magnum is just what is needed now :D

selling a old car for a new one would be my choice, dont think ull get sexy resale but safer in the full long run. i would not play with such cars really in modding it. plus how are u plannin to source the engine in the first place matey....

@ Jesal - I had considered selling the car and buying a new one but then following are the reasons why its not feasible.
Hence i would like to swap the engine and since GM has done the same, it wont be much of a problem.

I plan to source the engine from GM themselves, like Steer plans to source the 2.2 from Tata.

One more thing i would need to source is the clutch.

Optra has climate control? even the 1.8LT at home does not! and you seriously sad about not being able to remove your sunfilm???:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 594704)
A Peted Magnum is just what is needed now :D

:Shockked: Didn't expect this decision so FAST!
Anyways, go ahead. All the best! :Cheering:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 594732)
I plan to source the engine from GM themselves, like Steer plans to source the 2.2 from Tata.
One more thing i would need to source is the clutch.

Since the engine is relatively new, sure you can source it from GM itself. Why not make sure of that before proceeding?

Quote:

and you seriously sad about not being able to remove your sunfilm???
Dude the film in the car is worth more then 20k when it was put, so nothing funny about it.

Quote:

Optra has climate control? even the 1.8LT at home does not!
All 1.8LT from April 2005 had climate control, i.e the NY edition. Now its stopped since the Magnum.

Thanks Crazy Driver, had it in mind since quite a few days but was wondering what could be done.

The BIGGEST hurdle U'll have is sourcing the diesel engine.

Nitrous - Sourcing can be done buttttttt any estimates how much is it going to cost?

First tell me how U are planning to source it and from whom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 594802)
First tell me how U are planning to source it and from whom?

Planing to source it from GM itself. Today being a sunday cant call them also :Frustrati

Call them tomorrow ,ask them and post .Ill be eagerly waiting.
Meanwhile, most probably. the engine mounts will be the same.but, the 2L diesel will need stronger suspension in the front.

BUSA... You do come out with unorthodox but interesting ideas.

I'll add this thread to my watch-list.

i know bro agree with all ur reasons too . dont love the nose of the car. will miss sunroof too i love that in that car. no climate control too yeah. but really this mod will go around 3lak or more.

i drove the magnum dont stop too well. at least compared to my corolla . probably the heavy engine.
also the engine will be terribelly noisy in your car . insulation would be much more in the magnum. even with the insulation i felt it noisy at idle compared to the viva crdi and laura.

hope for the best, this swap will be killer if done, plus youll pete it! nice..
call them GM bozos and find out.