Team-BHP - Adding Aircon to Non-AC Matiz.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Adding Aircon to Non-AC Matiz. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30117-adding-aircon-non-ac-matiz.html)

Gentlemen,

We have a 2001 model non-AC matiz, and I want to add air-conditioning to it. Just a little background: When Daewoo was alive, I spoke to our service advisor and he said that the ECM would need to be changed. At that time I wasn't enlightened enough to ask more questions.

Please recommend somebody in bangalore who can do this?

BTW, please refrain from making comments like: Why spend on a car whose resale value is less than the price of a/c :).

Thank You,
Su-47

For just A/C to work ECM need not be changed but if you want (and you should) intelligent features with A/C such as cutting of a/c when temprature goes high and similar then you should changed ECM.

Member named Rahul_Intlad from Pune had installed A/C in his Matiz and I don't think he had his ECM changed.

Quote:

Why spend on a car whose resale value is less than the price of a/c
Been there.
There is just something about that querky little Matiz that you can't seem to let it go.

Let me warn you getting the AC retrofitted is simply waste of money atleast in case of the Matiz.As far as performance of the AC goes I was not at all satisfied and repented my decision to waste so much money on the retrofitting thing.Every few months the Gas[refrigerant] somehow seems to leak and not even the best guys are able to tell me what the actual problem is.There is not much space in the engine bay and the installation has to be very precise guess only the company can manage that.

I had the super-king unit[it cost me about 20,000 bucks back then] installed and yes did not have the ECM changed.The AC does cutoff after a little while of cooling.As far as driving with AC ,I think with the AC on the Matiz always had a problem even if it was the company fitted one and its the same when it comes to the retrofitted one as well.

Mostly,Cooling in the back seat is almost negligible and the ac is only for the front seats.For the benefit of the people sitting behind when it gets really hot,I am better off opening the windows than using the AC so nowadays while driving the Matiz I just don't bother about the AC.

Quote:

Been there.
There is just something about that querky little Matiz that you can't seem to let it go.
Agree very much with you,inspite of very good offers made for the car,it remains with us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 596526)
Gentlemen,

We have a 2001 model non-AC matiz, and I want to add air-conditioning to it. Just a little background: When Daewoo was alive, I spoke to our service advisor and he said that the ECM would need to be changed. At that time I wasn't enlightened enough to ask more questions.

Assuming that the ECM is to be tweaked in order to increase the idling speed, such that the engine doesn't shut down with the AC on.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but recollect reading somewhere that Chevrolet is extending service support to Matiz cars. If so, then can you try visiting their service centre and querying about the possibility of AC retrofitment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 597017)
Let me warn you getting the AC retrofitted is simply waste of money atleast in case of the Matiz.As far as performance of the AC goes I was not at all satisfied and repented my decision to waste so much money on the retrofitting thing.Every few months the Gas[refrigerant] somehow seems to leak and not even the best guys are able to tell me what the actual problem is.There is not much space in the engine bay and the installation has to be very precise guess only the company can manage that.

Agree very much with you,inspite of very good offers made for the car,it remains with us.

Thanks for your feedback man. All this is very disheartening.

I like my Matiz, but need the Air-Con too. With all the dust and heat, bangalore is not what it used to be. Its becoming a tough call now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkamath (Post 597027)
Correct me if i'm wrong, but recollect reading somewhere that Chevrolet is extending service support to Matiz cars. If so, then can you try visiting their service centre and querying about the possibility of AC retrofitment?

Tried the dealers in BLR a couple of weeks back, and they didn't know anything about this arrangement.