Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 12:06   #1
BHPian

Portable Vaccum Cleaner...is it worth?

Dear friends,

I wish to clean my car from inside and for that I wish to purchase a vaccum cleaner which can be attached to 12V point provided in the car.This is because I stay on 6th floor and it is not possible for me to use regular VC to clean the car.

I have gone through many advt.on internet regarding car vaccum cleaner ranging from Rs.450 to Rs.1200.

Please let me know whether these products are trustworthy or if there is any other option or which is reliable brand for this type of product?

Regards,

P.S.: I stay in Pune.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:23   #2
BHPian

I guess that this has been already discussed and by what I recall people have said that it's not worth it.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:41   #3
BHPian

@anupamsinha: I would beg to differ from that! I have been using a Black & Decker car vacuum cleaner for sometime now and find it very useful, especially if you like to do road trips. People usually have munchies during such trips and the cleaner really helps in getting rid of the crumbs! Once my wife dropped a pack of bhujia on the floor and I was able to get rid of it all so quickly! So yeah, it is useful.

@raja: Do take care of not going for cheap local ones as they don't have any decent suction power and don't last long. Instead go for the quality ones. Recently Black & Decker products have become quite available in India.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
@anupamsinha: I would beg to differ from that! I have been using a Black & Decker car vacuum cleaner for sometime now and find it very useful, especially if you like to do road trips. People usually have munchies during such trips and the cleaner really helps in getting rid of the crumbs! Once my wife dropped a pack of bhujia on the floor and I was able to get rid of it all so quickly! So yeah, it is useful.

@raja: Do take care of not going for cheap local ones as they don't have any decent suction power and don't last long. Instead go for the quality ones. Recently Black & Decker products have become quite available in India.
Hi,

From where did you purchased that?I am unable to find out from their website (India is not in the counry list).I don't know if I can get one in Pune.
Old 16th October 2007, 13:43   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Does this black & deccer model have blower as well? Or only suction?
Old 16th October 2007, 13:46   #6
BHPian

I got it from the US. They are available in good household electronics shops in Noida/Delhi. Also you can find them in retail chains like Reliance Digital, Home Town (part of Big Bazaar). I have seen them in the above mentioned shops myself. Don't know about Pune though. Maybe you can ask around in some good electronics shops.
Old 16th October 2007, 13:57   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

The ones available in India are mostly Chinese made. Either they work for a fairly long time or not at all.
Old 16th October 2007, 14:04   #8
BHPian

Righty said

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The ones available in India are mostly Chinese made. Either they work for a fairly long time or not at all.
I have had similar experiences with the Chinese products. The car vacuum cleaner lasted for about 5 times use. So a costly cleaning it was !!
Old 16th October 2007, 15:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Does this black & deccer model have blower as well? Or only suction?
It has only got the suction functionality, but it is real powerful. Pulls out the dirt and other stuff from the carpets easily. The only problem I face is cleaning up the areas under the seats where it's kinda hard to put the nozzle of the cleaner.
Old 16th October 2007, 19:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

as always...keep away from cheap stuff.
Old 16th October 2007, 20:10   #11
BHPian

My experience is with 12V vacuum cleaner is not good! They are no match for 220V ones.

I also can't carry cable from my home to garage, so I take the car to a friend's home (who has a socket on ground floor) and plug in normal vacuum cleaner there.
Old 16th October 2007, 20:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
I got it from the US. They are available in good household electronics shops in Noida/Delhi. Also you can find them in retail chains like Reliance Digital, Home Town (part of Big Bazaar). I have seen them in the above mentioned shops myself. Don't know about Pune though. Maybe you can ask around in some good electronics shops.
I was going to ask you where you got the Black & decker device,since its pretty popular in the US. Nice to know that you get these in India,since the only ones I'd seen 6-7years ago were the cheaper ones from the far East.

I highly recommend a portable cleaner,as in comes in handy ever so often. If you can get a good make,nothing to beat it.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

u will not do justice to cleaning with miniature vacuum cleaners (dc or ac), cc makes sense, go for a regular home vacuum if u can.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:55   #14
BHPian

dont buy normal 12 v vaccum cleaners. I bought one from M&Spensers UK and returned it the next day after testing in my cousins car. STAY AWAY.. Not worth spending money on them.
Old 17th October 2007, 09:44   #15
BANNED

Thread already exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cleaner-2.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed