Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 16:11   #16
BHPian

Hi Aditya,

I am also interested in fitting an FFE for my Maruti Esteem MPFI. I am contacting psycho for the same but he seems to be very busy. Hopefully the work will start next weekend.

However i have some questions.

I read from your earlier post that a 4x2x1 header will improve low and midrange power. Do u have a 4x2x1 header in your car? At which rpm does the power kick in?

What will be type of sound for different end cans? I am interested in an end can which would be silent till around 3k rpm and a "deep bass" sound after that. Is it possible?

Please help
Old 19th October 2007, 17:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Do u have a 4x2x1 header in your car? At which rpm does the power kick in?
I have a 4x1 race spec header. Kicks in at around 4000 RPM and is tuned for mid range and high end power.

If you want good acceleration and are not too keen on top end speed, get a 4x2x1 which kicks in power much earlier.

If its top end speed you want, go for my kinda header. The initial acceleration may be low, but after the power kicks in, its a major rush in the head.

Quote:
What will be type of sound for different end cans? I am interested in an end can which would be silent till around 3k rpm and a "deep bass" sound after that. Is it possible?
The SS end cans are generally very bassy while the custom made ones (from mild steel) generally have a metallic rally note to it.

Remove the center muffler if you want a loud sound and vice versa.

My suggestion, if u want a deep bassy sound, is to go for a SS end can. Header design can be chosen depending on your driving style.
Old 19th October 2007, 18:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
The SS end cans are generally very bassy while the custom made ones (from mild steel) generally have a metallic rally note to it.
So, custom mufflers can't be made of Stainless steel??
Old 19th October 2007, 19:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
So, custom mufflers can't be made of Stainless steel??
They can be. why not? Did I say otherwise or did u interpret differently?

Usually the MS ones are visibly different in size than their SS counterparts. If u have seen both and tried both you'll know what i mean.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th October 2007 at 19:39.
Old 19th October 2007, 20:37   #20
BHPian

Hi Aditya,

I am not interested in top speed that much. So it would be better to go for 4x2x1 header right? Will the power kick in around 2.5-3k rpm..?

I dont want much loud sound..so it would be better to keep the center muffler, right? I was thinking of goin for the custom end can now and then if i dont like the sound to go for the SS one.. ?
Old 19th October 2007, 22:45   #21
BHPian

have made up my mind for the foll. -->
1. CAI
2. 4x2x1 headers
3. FFE
4. porting polishing in some more time to come

have 18k to spare as of now that wont cover much would it?

as of today
got new clutch plates, the old ones were completely dead-out, and a headlamp upgrade as well (100/90 philips bluevision bulbs)

may god be with me and lotta money too!!

Old 22nd October 2007, 16:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Aditya,

I am not interested in top speed that much. Will the power kick in around 2.5-3k rpm..? I dont want much loud sound..so it would be better to keep the center muffler, right?
Since you are not interested in top speed, go for a 4x2x1 header which kicks in at around 2000 RPM. The acceleration will increase exponentially with zero compromise on daily driving charateristics. You can get the headers custom tuned also (tell the tuner at which RPM you want the power to kick in and he should be able to fabricate accordingly).

Retain the center muffler for a muted sound. If you want a rally sound get a custom end can, and if you want a deep bassy growl go for a SS end can. I love the deep bassy sound (advise you to go for the SS end can) but only disadvantage is that on long drives the sound resonates a lot inside the cabin and can cause a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post

1. CAI
2. 4x2x1 headers
3. FFE
4. porting polishing in some more time to come

have 18k to spare as of now that wont cover much would it?
I doubt if that would be enough.

For the esteem, the OE K&N cost me approx INR 5000. The header and FFE costs around 8k to 10k depending on who's doing it. Porting and polishing will cost more and probably in the range of 10k upwards(?).

all the best.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd October 2007 at 16:21.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:34   #23
BHPian

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the model number for the OE replacement K&N filter for Esteem MPFI 2007? I would appreciate any help on this.
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

I doubt if that would be enough.

For the esteem, the OE K&N cost me approx INR 5000. The header and FFE costs around 8k to 10k depending on who's doing it. Porting and polishing will cost more and probably in the range of 10k upwards(?).

all the best.
18k for points 1, 2, 3 bro.. excluding pt. 4
i meant porting and polishing sometime later, not included in this budget.

how much would a typhoon CAI from k&n cost?? an OE is about 4.3k, i found out.
thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks