Team-BHP - palio engine swap
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   palio engine swap (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30239-palio-engine-swap.html)

my cousin's got a 2002 palio, with a 1.2L heart, he wants to swap it with a diesel, budget is 1lakh, max 70k for the engine..

we are considering a 1.5 Turbo Toyota 2C
more suggestions welcome, thanks

I think the 2C is a 2Litre engine. When I went engine hunting,I was shown one of these by the engine vendor. Non-turbo one. Im not sure if there has been a TC-ed version of the 2C from factory.

The 1.5 toyota turbo u're referring to must be the Toyota 1N-Turbo. Very good and popular engine. Finding a good engine is a pain. Where do U live?

Hey Blue2ki,

If you are ready to spend 1L for the engine upgrade, why do not you consider spending ~50K in installing a Sequential LPG Kit which does not affect the engine or the performance. Not sure if you are interested in this though.. But it is worth thinking on this line

havent heard of any similar installs.
Why not add LPG as suggested by ravi?

Why not sell it and get the Palio D?

1lac and engine swap?sel the car off and get a diesel car ,this is the best option as this job like engine swap and etc cant be done easily on palio.

we need an engine swap. nothing else will do
and were considering a diesel engine,

@nitrous
yea that is the 1N Turbo 1.5 not the 2C my mistake.
always attribute the wrong name to the 1N, call it the 2C.

where is the city of ghosts?

@nitrous

chandigarh man.

There is a place called Mayapuri near Delhi who are used engine sellers.
Check with them.

the 1nt engine is pretty good with a very high mileage feels much more faster than the zen engine here are the specs:
1N-T (the diesel engine):
SOHC 2valves/cylinder (8Valve)
Engine capacity 1453
Max BHP (approximately): 67@4700BHP
Max Torque (approximately): 96@2600

saw a lot of these cars with these engines like padmini and ikon etc..

@nitrous
yea mayapuri bro, bad people there, always trying to rip you off, have no option will have to get it from there. need to find a good one now.

@pawan
yup, it gives a hell of a lot of FE bro, decent running.

is the swift diesel engine or the logan's 1.5 a direct fit for the palio?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue
is the swift diesel engine or the logan's 1.5 a direct fit for the palio?

Ha ha..like u're gonna find them.
Even if U do, the engine will cost nothing lesser than 2 lakhs.

hey man you can contact me

i live in chandigarh and would love to help you

and if you see my garage you will find something interesting

@ nitrous
damn! 2L is too darn much! thought it wud be expensive, but not that expensive, anyhow then the 1N-T is our best bet.

@manikjeet
sure thing bro, will PM you.

Hey! try to source a palio diesel motor. Someone on this forum managed to get a 1.6 from fiat if im not mistaken.
Mayapuri is where they build jeeps from scrap right??