Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 13:33   #76
Senior - BHPian

Probably Ishaan's response was to the generalised "Korean crap" that seemed to have included all products of Korean origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Maybe I've got this wrong but I think they're talking mostly Accents/Accent offshoots here Ishan - didn't see any aspersions on the Santro
Old 31st October 2007, 13:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

At 30K you shouldn't be bothering about a seal leak. You don't runa check for this coz if at all it happens you will come to know automatically..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
and also @ gd1418

bhai that bl#$Y dog also changed my transmission oil at 30k kms mark and dint even show me the drained oil from the gear box but i checked out and the new oil in the gear box was fresh!, well i was not present at the A.S.S. when the mishap of engine flushing happened and learned when i paid the bill, should clearly avoid this from my next service onwards! by the way do you guys recommend to check for any seal leaks? because i am worried!
Old 31st October 2007, 13:43   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Can you tell me some more examples apart from Swift DDIS which uses Chain drive?? Most of the cars in India including the highly reliable Toyota's run on Timing Belts. You just need to replace the belts and pulleys at proper intervals.

It is not true that by having a chain drive, you can be immune to timing faiures. A worn pulley bearing resulting in chain seizure can cause the same damage as a broken belt. So would be the case in gear drive if you dont take care of periodic checks and maintenance.

All Hondas use timing chains.
Old 31st October 2007, 14:18   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
All Hondas use timing chains.
..like the old fashioned cuckoo clocks?
My Scorpio uses an electrically operated digital timing device that goes by the generic name of 'Quartz Clock'! And it's built right into the speedo/odo meter!
Old 31st October 2007, 14:45   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
it may be a BACK COMPRESSION problem... same thing happend with my friends accent viva crdi done 83K..
I thought this only happened in Old tech Indirect injection diesels. Seems to also be a very local (India) term. I could not find a reference to this on the Internet. My 2.4Liter Jeep developed this problem and Oil used to be forced out through the oil seals.
Old 1st November 2007, 17:38   #81
BHPian

hi guys,

an update.

the engine has been repaired. gonna get the delivery tomorrow. the total expense will come upto around 60k. i gave the car on saturday. they opened the engine on sunday, and it will be done by tomorrow. thats really quick.

im really impressed with the A.S.S. they had all the spares. IMHO, i would rate the A.S.S. at par with Maruti and Honda. i have never had any problem with the three companies. ford is the worst. my fiesta diesel was grounded for 13 days because a bearing was not available with the A.S.S.
they had to order it and it still took 11 days. and eveytime, you have to take an appointment for any work.

i will give an update after i take delivery. im sure the engine will be much quieter now.
Old 1st November 2007, 18:29   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
..like the old fashioned cuckoo clocks?
My Scorpio uses an electrically operated digital timing device that goes by the generic name of 'Quartz Clock'! And it's built right into the speedo/odo meter!
I have no idea about what you are saying.
Did you forget to add a smily at the end of your post?
Old 1st November 2007, 23:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

congrats on getting the vehicle back in shape and rolling, please tell us a in detail, what explaination was given by the hyundai guys for the mishap, i am very keen to know what's their statement?
Old 2nd November 2007, 06:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
, i am very keen to know what's their statement?
Me too. Very keen to know what they give as the 'official' reason for the engine failure.
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:20   #85
BHPian

hi,

guys, just to let you all know, if you don't, im the second owner. i bought the car from a trusted dealer. it was 40k when i bought it. since then, i have had alot of trouble with it.

here is a list of what all has been done uptil now.

front strut mounting replaced - around 3-4k.
brake pads replaced.
some suspension components replaced.
wheel bearings replaced 2 times each wheel.
axle replaced 2 times each wheel.
battery replaced.
front struts replaced.
tie rod ends replaced.

after spending alot, i now ge the car repaired outside. it has not given any major trouble except for the engine failure.

the official statement is that there was alot of sealent(anabond) used every where to seal the leakages of the engine. maybe the owner sold the car with an engine problem(im sure thats the reason).

im really happy now that the engine conked. i have a new engine now.(kind of) i

i have never bought a used car ever. and i will never buy a used car again.

but, i will keep this car for 1.5-2 years atleast.

i will give a full report after driving it. i still have to go and get the car. im quite busy so i might get it tomorrow or on monday.

cheers
clip
Old 6th November 2007, 20:18   #86
BHPian

Similar issue with Accent

I had a similar issue with my Accent.

When you're on the road for long time and you've done 200/300KMs one shot, if the car is stopped, it will not start. There are only two options now: either wait for 1/2 hour or get somebody to push the car and it will start on a gear. This will create a major/awkward problem if you're in a city or in the middle of traffic and the car stops.

I've explained this to a Hyudai dealer-cum-service station and they reported having found no issues after a 1/2 day check.

Any comments on pssible causes ...
Old 6th November 2007, 21:47   #87
Team-BHP Support

Ford iKON has chain driving the timing train if i remember correct

i think this was a failure that happened due to various factors and cannot be generalized to the design of the engine.

Hope you get a new lease of life into the car and enjoy it for long. Only advise is to do cautious run in and do follow up check ups and do the necessary re torquing done.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 12th November 2007, 18:05   #88
BHPian

hi,

my car's back. jot got it this afternoon. i went to get the car last Thursday but i got a little late. so had to wait till today as the A.S.S. was closed till sunday for diwali holidays.

so here is the first impression of how the car feels now after the engine rebuild.

The starter motor spins alot quicker and the engine fires up instantly. the engine is much much quiter now. after driving it for around 15 kms, i felt the engine is alot more smoother. earlier the engine vibrated a lot at around 5o kmph through 70. the vibrations are gone now. it feels as good as new.

the car is a bit slower than it was earlier. maybe after running in it will open up.

the A.S.S. has given a warranty of 6 months for the parts which i think is good enough since i will do around 30k kms in that period.

the car will be run in for 1000 kms and in that period, they have advised not to use the A/C and go over a speed of 80kmph plus no over revving. they have told me not to go above 3k rpm.

the engine oil and the filter will be changed at 1k kms.

in short, it is just amazing. no vibes, dead silent etc etc.

last but not the least, the total repair cost came up to 65k.

cheers
clip
Old 12th November 2007, 18:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Very good,clipto.
Can U puhleez scan and post the bill here?
Old 12th November 2007, 20:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,
i bought the car from a trusted dealer. it was 40k when i bought it. since then, i have had alot of trouble with it.
cheers
clip
Looks like your trusted dealer is not worthy of your trust! It looks like your car had done a lot more than the indicated KM's when you bought it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks