Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:33   #1
j_j

Need help to Modify/Change Contessa Headlight

Hi every one.

The Car in the picture is Contessa, equipped with 2 liter D turbo charged engine, custom made exhaust.

Now the problem is, the headlight started to fade and more over when changing thought of going in for a clear lens type, which is not available in market for the car. Actually the normal new head light it self is hard to find as they have stopped production.

I have a few questions here as to what they mean, please answer these,

What is?

1. Head Lamp Unit Prismatic –
2. Head Lamp Unit with L.E.D Ring Multi Prismatic -
3. Head Lamp Unit Multi Reflector -
4. Head Lamp Unit Clear Lens -
5. Head Lamp Unit Projector type -
6. Head Lamp Unit – Any left out ones -

The spec for Contessa is it is about 34 cm (13.5 inch) in length and 18 cm (7 inch) in height. The individual light diameter is about 15 cm (5.5 to 6 inch).

Thought of these head lights, Trevera or Safari head lamps, or to get things at a low cost the new model Alto. Also came across this site which has a few lights that look suitable, but where can I buy these lights, Bangalore or Mangalore. And I am also looking for lit wires for music system, please let me know where I can get in Bangalore or Mangalore.

Please let me know what to do and give me more details.

Expecting good response and reply soon and thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jai
Old 2nd November 2007, 19:06   #2

if ur from mumbai u could find the stock head lights at allied motors andheri(East)
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

dude...NOW, THAT is one really well maintained conti ...can you please post some more pics of the ride(i mean the 2 side views, and the rear view) and A PIC OF THE ENGINE BAY..i really love contis...
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:43   #4
BHPian

I think keeping the headlight design stock would be the best option. From the size of it, you can try to check the sealed beams of Tata ACE, should be a direct fit. Dont go for Round Clear "dimpled" Sealed beams, they are not good enough. Since you have four beams, equipe 2 with rallye vision bulbs, and remaining 2 with stock 55/60 w Halogens, And feel the light power.
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

Try fitting Eicher Canter headlights if you aren't getting the originals. I think they are the same size.
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah,,,i agree with Aditya...i think the eicher canter lamps will be a good fit.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2008 at 00:25. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 3rd November 2007, 01:09   #7
j_j

Thankyou all for the quick reply, here also the stock lights new ones are there, but thought of going for clear type lens to go for the white philips light or may be xeon.

As you guys suggested i will check for TATA ACE and Eicher Canter head lamps, thankyou, meanwhile if there is an online product detail or picture of these two, please give me the link. I did try searching for these, but dint get any good link.

Also please check this link an tell me if it might be ok to go for this, n if any one came across these light, what may be the price.

Thankyou badboyscad, i could't find the pictures, i will take fresh ones and post, but i did find one of the boot,

Old 12th July 2008, 21:35   #8

Hi Guys...
Chech this out... fully restored...it took 1.5 years and loads of cash to get her to this shape..it was the day of reckoning..for me...just out of the paint shop and fitting...note even the number plate is hanging with binding wire,,,i have just ordered for a new board.

Cheers,
Mike

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Conti Fully Restored.pdf (629.8 KB, 1014 views)

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2008 at 00:26. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 12th July 2008, 22:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

@mikemahe: dude, that is one awesome job. please post more details about the restoration and more pics too. your conti badly needs a wider set of shoes and rims.
Old 12th July 2008, 23:10   #10

@Mike, Nice car. There is an Identical one in mumbai. Driven by the owner of vardenchi choppers.
Old 13th July 2008, 15:30   #11
BHPian

Hey if i'm not wrong the car has been sold for 85 k or some thing.
Old 12th October 2008, 11:37   #12
BHPian

If you are still keen in picking up the 2 round HL for the conti I can help you with used ones refurbished and are easier to source.
I also have a set of the older square lights and lenses that are almost impossible to get anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks