Team-BHP - Cabin Interior Lights
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Cabin Interior Lights (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30916-cabin-interior-lights.html)

Hey Guys, Can you let me know which bulbs are used in the interior light holders. I am talking about the one in the center of the roof and the one near the rear view mirror. Is it H1, H3 or what as i wanna change those to a different shade for my esteem ?

H1 and H4 are halogen lamps for headlights not for interiors.. lol..

I would say do not change those lamps because it will not give enough light. and will be available at any automobile store.

OMG...Please dont try getting H1, H3 bulbs for interiors. They are for the headlamps...
For changing the color of light u just need a different color bulb cap which can be fixed on the bulb.

why dont you try to get a bit creative with LEDs?

i have been thinking on doing this one for long. thanks to have got it back in me.

all you have to note is that volt / watt capacity of the point that feeds the in-cabin lamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 (Post 616731)
Hey Guys, Can you let me know which bulbs are used in the interior light holders. I am talking about the one in the center of the roof and the one near the rear view mirror. Is it H1, H3 or what as i wanna change those to a different shade for my esteem ?

You may want to check out OSRAM's stick led lights that can be stick on to any place in cabin they are round in shape with white color LED lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VC12 (Post 617020)
You may want to check out OSRAM's stick led lights that can be stick on to any place in cabin they are round in shape with white color LED lights.

Any idea where that is available in india??

well actually my query was which bulb is it ? i know it aint h4 or h3 but what exactly are these bulbs called. I would look into ebay or any such sites for these but i need the name i wanna search.

these are called festoon bulbs and are available starting 31mm to 42mm measured from edge of terminal to terminal. Go for led sticks (available in plenty on ebay). have installed in y santro (takes 31mm).

output is as good or better as stock with whiter light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishraak (Post 617257)
have installed in y santro (takes 31mm).

output is as good or better as stock with whiter light.

please do post some pics of your installation
Also how much did you pay for them

I bought a pair for $6 per pc including shipping on ebay. Took around 8-10 days for receiving.

I will post the pics soon.

my installation pics

yeah exactly the thing i was asking for. Now ill have to open the center light of my esteem and then search for those in white shade.

I found the osram led lights at few auto parts delares in hyd.

Can these LED panels be used for lighting the footwells as well? If yes then how do you provide them with the electric current without voiding the warranty?

Quote:

I am talking about the one in the center of the roof and the one near the rear view mirror. Is it H1, H3 or what
lol: rl: H1 & H3 for interior.. It would light up the car like day and melt off the plastic if left on for even few mins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishraak (Post 617860)
my installation pics..

Hey that looks like a santro's interior cabin light! Sure looks bright! But I don't like the blue shade IMO.

cya
A