Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2007, 04:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Can you describe all 10 for us, would give us a better idea about the mod scene in bangalore.
Arre, are you nuts? This post will never end, and neither will this thread. But in my friend's circle, I have seen Zens with Esteem engines, Esteem turbo engines, OHC 1.5, Vtec and D15/D16 engines, Suzuki DOHC Swift GTi 1300 engines, and 1300 heads with 1500 blocks and 1600+ blocks. Mind you, I don't know many people, so there are more/wilder builds out there. Then there's the usual carb'ed Esteem bottom half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
his is a 1300 on a modded baleno block.is there a 1500 twin cam curious just checked the cultus is a sohc 15xx cc.
Who told you that? He has two blocks, the imported 1600 block with the bore/stroke kit as well as the Cultus 1500 block to go turbo. 1500 Twin Cam, yes I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about.

I'd suggest a 1500 bottom half. I've seen what those things do to an Esteem, and it's pretty hard to believe. Then maybe a nice cam.

Last edited by v1p3r : 8th November 2007 at 04:48.
Old 8th November 2007, 12:39   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Look at the previous gen 1.5L twin-cam engine that was sold by Suzuki abroad. There is such a car - a Zen (old shape) in Bangalore and it moves like stink - it cannot be kept up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
There are like 10 or something. Which one are you referring to?
Quote:
Can you describe all 10 for us, would give us a better idea about the mod scene in bangalore.

manson.
Quote:
Arre, are you nuts? This post will never end, and neither will this thread. But in my friend's circle, I have seen Zens with Esteem engines, Esteem turbo engines, OHC 1.5, Vtec and D15/D16 engines, Suzuki DOHC Swift GTi 1300 engines, and 1300 heads with 1500 blocks and 1600+ blocks. Mind you, I don't know many people, so there are more/wilder builds out there. Then there's the usual carb'ed Esteem bottom half.
Am i nuts, or cant you stay at one topic that you started with?
The Mag spoke about a zen running a twincam engine, and you said there are atleast ten of them.
I asked for some more details of the ten you spoke of, and you started about zen with esteem engines,esteem turbo engines, ohc 1.5 engines, vtec engines, d15 & 16 engines, 1300 heads and what not, basically you spoke about all the possible swaps in the country without giving much detail of any twincam swap besides the DOHC Swift GTI engine you mentioned.

I totally know you're the 'Vin Diesel' bangalore needs, but please state whats asked for than telling us everything you know, now maybe that post wont ever end too

manson.
Old 8th November 2007, 15:22   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I can only think of one person to do a fantastic job of swapping an engine, Shrikant Shah from Pune. He used to prepare full cars / engines for most of our rally cars. I have seen many interseting things in his workshop. I respect his in-depth knowledge and technical capability.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 8th November 2007, 20:35   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

One things for sure, bangalore has a lot of swaps...how many of them actually are there is another story.. I do know however that there is exaggeration on all swap jobs done all over india, not only bangalore..I mean c'mon if there are so many around how come we never hear of them(now please dont go around making statements on how bangy cars win all the time,cheating gas included.)

Last edited by nitroxx : 8th November 2007 at 20:41.
Old 8th November 2007, 23:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am i nuts, or cant you stay at one topic that you started with?

I totally know you're the 'Vin Diesel' bangalore needs, but please state whats asked for than telling us everything you know, now maybe that post wont ever end too

manson.
Manson, you're the one who deviated, asking for details of 10 cars. If you wished to really be constructive and contributive, use that little link on your screen saying 'Send v1p3r a private message'. Don't clutter this thread with half-baked RFIs and then try to bait me.
Old 8th November 2007, 23:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
I wouldn't recommend doing this swap,since the space in the hood is very small,its very doubtful if a v6 let alone a different engine would fit in. Why not try to source the 1.6 engine from the Swift Sport sold in EU or a diesel variant of the EU Swift if its different from the engine sold here,and plonk it in your Swift? Would be better! But would exceed your budget.

cya
A
Hey @Absar thanx for your advice, i would really appreciate if you can advice me more about either of the engines you've mentioned here. Their price, source and make, i have a licence to import, so it might work out.
Old 9th November 2007, 16:46   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
One things for sure, bangalore has a lot of swaps...how many of them actually are there is another story.. I do know however that there is exaggeration on all swap jobs done all over india, not only bangalore..I mean c'mon if there are so many around how come we never hear of them(now please dont go around making statements on how bangy cars win all the time,cheating gas included.)
I could not have put it down better.

Quote:
Manson, you're the one who deviated, asking for details of 10 cars. If you wished to really be constructive and contributive, use that little link on your screen saying 'Send v1p3r a private message'. Don't clutter this thread with half-baked RFIs and then try to bait me.
v1p3r, if asking details about 10 cars running gti twincam swaps on an engine swap thread is deviating from the main topic, then i'm assuming you've been off-topic for most of you're stay on the forum mate, and ofcourse nothing personal

manson.
Old 10th November 2007, 02:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Personal attacks on fellow members are STRICTLY prohibited. Please refrain from speaking of members in such a derogatory manner.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 16th November 2007 at 12:07.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 15th November 2007, 23:51   #24
BHPian

@D1ISTHE1: I think GTO and nitroxx are right, don't bother swapping the engine, a modded swift can be real fast!

@v1p3r: dude, i would really like to see the 10 1.5L zens you've mentioned in your post, Honestly! please post pics for the other world humanoids like me!

Moreover, whats the whole lying thing with Domnic? where did he come into the picture? we're talking about an engine swap in a swift for christ sake! Please elaborate on your comment, I cannot understand why you've made that statement in the first place!

EDIT: @nitrous: i meant zens, swifts was a typo

Last edited by shrivz : 16th November 2007 at 00:01.
Old 15th November 2007, 23:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz
@v1p3r: dude, i would really like to see the 10 1.5L swifts you've mentioned in your post, Honestly! please post pics for the other world humanoids like me!
He was talking about ten zens with twin cam engine swaps.
Old 16th November 2007, 00:59   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
Hey,

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever swapped a swift petrol engine with a diesel turbo-powered inline or a V6. Can this be done ? and how?
We do get engines in India which are imported in bulk/scrap from japan and once i was looking for a TD engine for my friend's Astra in delhi and i came across a V6 lying with a dealer, who told that it was a diesel engine and that too for a car.
Are you talking fiction here or are you inspired by movies?come on be practical
Old 16th November 2007, 02:02   #27
Awaiting Email Confirmation

ok bottomline, forget the swap..stick to stock..secondly please refrain from calling someone a liar...third if there are so many cars there...I'm surprised they haven't been thrown at our faces in the past.Coming from bangalore...if someone swaps an airfilter...TOPGEAR gets to know about it. I'm surprised they finally decided to go stealth. SO LETS LEAVE DOM OUT OF THIS ONE DAH ..VEE ONE PEE THREE ARE! As we know he did run a b18c5 at the drag and I have personally driven the red MR2 around in Bangalore.

Last edited by nitroxx : 16th November 2007 at 02:04.
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

How would a Baleno or an SX4 engine work in the Indian Swift ?? The Gurus are requested to shed some light on this.

Also I am told that a TC is not very workable in a Swift..is that correct ? I know there is a Red Swift running a TC in Delhi, but is it really reliable ? Or does one end up visiting the garage for various issues every other day ??

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 22nd November 2007 at 16:26.
Old 22nd November 2007, 17:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Im no guru but dropping the g16b into the Swift would be exciting enough.

TC job's if done right wont cause issue's.

I think recently Leela had one that ran into complications but thats from the grapevine so dont pounce on me since I see a trend on this thread.
Old 22nd November 2007, 18:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Yes. a good 1600 would be the best bet for the swift.

Most Viewed