Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 13:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
2) Get rid of the entire content (filters) of the old CAT Converter that you would have. (Would affect the PUC test but who really checks?) Have done this and the engine now really sings. - This had a major impact for me.
How does the Exhaust sound now ? and what are other long/short term effects ?

Please clarify
Old 30th June 2009, 14:30   #32
BANNED

omkar
**The crde is a computer controlled engine and is very difficult to tune. Plus if you have computer problem, it will be expensive to repair. Keep in mind the only point of crde is emission control.
I have a 2.6 turbo (non-crde) and like it much better. Totally tuneable for extra power. No computer keeps it simple. Put in a bigger intercooler, raise the boost pressure, increase fuel flow, and you will make crde Scorpios eat your dust.

If at all i go in for a crde, I might be tempted to use a MM CRDe engine(Bosch Injection) but would rather stay away from TATA(Delphi)**
just because you have overheard somewhere someone talking about bigger intercoolers,(higher boost),more fuel in engine.u think its gonna be a cake walk.

Just Try!!its going to be real good when u fry your valves.

atleast a lappy tells whts bloddy wrong with the damn thing with an ecu or even simpler the consol lights give a hint as to what might be bugging the motor.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:39   #33
BANNED

and which monkey on planet venus suggested you that whole point of CRDE is emmission control.
its about whole lot of more power from same engine while sipping less fuel with lesser emmissions plus lighter engines plus lesser vibrations plus better throttle response plus better part life plus a whole lot of small things called vfm,bhp/ton..ohh ****..who m i xplaing to@
Old 6th July 2009, 13:12   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
and which monkey on planet venus suggested you that whole point of CRDE is emmission control.
its about whole lot of more power from same engine while sipping less fuel with lesser emmissions plus lighter engines plus lesser vibrations plus better throttle response plus better part life plus a whole lot of small things called vfm,bhp/ton..ohh ****..who m i xplaing to@
Agree totally, CRDe aims not just at emmission control but also at significant savings in fuel effeciency. More power from smaller engines. We can see this in the case of 2.2 Dicor vs the 3 ltr Dicor for the safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
How does the Exhaust sound now ? and what are other long/short term effects ?

Please clarify
Sound wonderfull, has a bit of a whine as the turbo whine is heard more pronounced. But there is a thill to it. It is not too much louder, long terms effects are not know, but i dont expect any. Any ways my Safari is at 150,000 kms and it is fine to experiment after 100,000 kms i guess.
Old 6th July 2009, 15:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
omkar
**The crde is a computer controlled engine and is very difficult to tune. Plus if you have computer problem, it will be expensive to repair. Keep in mind the only point of crde is emission control.
I have a 2.6 turbo (non-crde) and like it much better. Totally tuneable for extra power. No computer keeps it simple. Put in a bigger intercooler, raise the boost pressure, increase fuel flow, and you will make crde Scorpios eat your dust.

If at all i go in for a crde, I might be tempted to use a MM CRDe engine(Bosch Injection) but would rather stay away from TATA(Delphi)**
just because you have overheard somewhere someone talking about bigger intercoolers,(higher boost),more fuel in engine.u think its gonna be a cake walk.
I'm not expecting it to be a cake walk either.

Quote:
Just Try!!its going to be real good when u fry your valves.
If I succeed in squeezing more power outta the engine then a reduction in the life of the valves is OK with me.

Quote:
atleast a lappy tells whts bloddy wrong with the damn thing with an ecu or even simpler the consol lights give a hint as to what might be bugging the motor.

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...omparison.html

The above link will take you to the page where I got the info.
And I'm inclined to try out what RedMM340 says because HE HAS DONE IT. Viewing his garage page will tell you that he knows what he's talking about. He might have only been trying to drive in the point that a non CRDe motor is much better from a hobbyist's point of view by saying CRDe is only for emission control.
I do agree and am aware of the fact that there are a whole lot of benefits from a CRDe setup (and that's why I paid a premium to go in for a CRDe scorpio) but I think that I might not find people to tinker with it except for the big guns like PETE's and PETE's costs quite a packet.
You might also know that PETE's also employs bigger turbos, injectors etc in addition to his "lappy" to squeeze performance outta CRDe engines.

And thanks for trying to explain it inspite of being aware of the futility of the endeavour.

Well, all this is going kinda off topic. I'm still awaiting some advice for a scorpio engined safari build

Most Viewed