Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2007, 11:41   #1
BHPian

Injector and carburettor cleaner for my Swift !

Hi,
I wanna know everything about Injector and carburettor cleaner ( ICC )for my Swift VXi, including the exact selection criteria for a particular car & the procedure to deploy it in the car.

Thanx,
Siddharth
Old 13th November 2007, 14:33   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the forum! Do go through the rules of the forum, it does not permit slang style. Full form is only accepted.

Back to your query, I think the Swift isn't carb, it has to be MPFI.

You can find System-G at BP bunks which acts as a injector cleaner too.
It's to be put in a ratio of 1 ml/1 litre in the fuel tank.

cya
A
Old 14th November 2007, 16:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Welcome to the forum! Do go through the rules of the forum, it does not permit slang style. Full form is only accepted.

Back to your query, I think the Swift isn't carb, it has to be MPFI.

You can find System-G at BP bunks which acts as a injector cleaner too.
It's to be put in a ratio of 1 ml/1 litre in the fuel tank.

cya
A

firstly that barely qualifies as slang ; and since your not a mod give the guy a break !

secondly try giving him some better info

Sid you can get your injectors cleaned on an injector cleaning machine from a garage with a good reputation : should cost 500 rs ish

but if you want to clean your whole fuel system out which is reccomemned every 10 000 km , this is what i would do [ i drive a swift too ]

1 st dump a bottle of sonax fuel system cleaner into a full tank of fuel and nearly finish that tank :

then
engine decarbonization [machine done again ] rs 1500 ish

after that change your fuel filter & spark plugs [ which plugs you use? ]

then flush your oil system i seriously like the OWs engine flush & change your oil [have to after a decarb] ; hope your on mobil 1 5w50 api sm

THEN have your injectors machined cleaned and spray pattern checked as a last step

clean/replace your air filter too : are you on stock?

cheers man
cy
Old 7th November 2008, 16:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
firstly that barely qualifies as slang ; and since your not a mod give the guy a break !

secondly try giving him some better info

Sid you can get your injectors cleaned on an injector cleaning machine from a garage with a good reputation : should cost 500 rs ish

but if you want to clean your whole fuel system out which is reccomemned every 10 000 km , this is what i would do [ i drive a swift too ]

1 st dump a bottle of sonax fuel system cleaner into a full tank of fuel and nearly finish that tank :

then
engine decarbonization [machine done again ] rs 1500 ish

after that change your fuel filter & spark plugs [ which plugs you use? ]

then flush your oil system i seriously like the OWs engine flush & change your oil [have to after a decarb] ; hope your on mobil 1 5w50 api sm

THEN have your injectors machined cleaned and spray pattern checked as a last step

clean/replace your air filter too : are you on stock?

cheers man
cy
Hi There,

I'm from Pune and I drive a Swift Petrol. I'm planning to follow the steps that you have mentioned above.

I'm planning to switch to Mobil1. When I contacted exxonmobile, they recommended 0W40 for Swift Petrol. It costs about 4K in Pune. Now you are using 5W50.

1). How much would it cost you for 5W50?
2). Who recommended 5W50?

Thanks.
Old 7th November 2008, 21:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhu_engg24 View Post
Hi,
I wanna know everything about Injector and carburettor cleaner ( ICC )for my Swift VXi, including the exact selection criteria for a particular car & the procedure to deploy it in the car.

Thanx,
Siddharth
Swift has a carburettor!? thats new.

Dude. do not put any additives and get it cleaned by an expert with proper machine. preferably at MASS.

It will look something like below.
Injector and carburettor cleaner for my Swift !-injector-cleaner-large.jpg
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2008, 03:11   #6
BHPian

Wow thats a flashback, now I use ows 360 as an additive .

The "machine" I mention was what your talking about available at most MASS s - engine decarb'ing machines.Dont know of "experts" present at many of them though.

Swifty: 5w50 costs the same is ie 3300 rs ; It's for more "hard" driving and is fully synthetic.
The 0w40 maybe more lighter giving slightly better hp figures for the swift engine at least the ows somethingW40 definitely feels lighter but with a slight compromise on engine protection.

Last edited by cyneverdie : 10th November 2008 at 03:20.
Old 10th November 2008, 10:14   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Wow thats a flashback, now I use ows 360 as an additive .

The "machine" I mention was what your talking about available at most MASS s - engine decarb'ing machines.Dont know of "experts" present at many of them though.

Swifty: 5w50 costs the same is ie 3300 rs ; It's for more "hard" driving and is fully synthetic.
The 0w40 maybe more lighter giving slightly better hp figures for the swift engine at least the ows somethingW40 definitely feels lighter but with a slight compromise on engine protection.
Hi There, Thanks for the details. I will prefer 5w50 over 0w40 if its good for engine life.

I too have a Swift Petrol.

I guess, OWS 360 is a fuel system cleaner?
How should I use OWS 360?
What's the price of OWS 360?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks