Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 20:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
that is one way of dealing with decreased filtration!

A bit?!!!!? its a fully-performance-oriented-screw-engine-life model.you should do what it says on the box and use it only for track days(tarmac, not gravel)

so do you plan to change it back to stock? or atleast shift to a filter that is more restrictive but also protective? thats what is needed in a daily drive right?
how frequently do you change your oil? and how much has the car run on this filter?
Damn I know how bad this filter can be in terms of a "Daily Drive" but I will change it very soon. I had NO IDEA what I was buying when I was sold this filter and I've been stuck with it ever since.

I change my engine oil after about 7000-8000k kms, even then the oil isn't dirty to an extent that I have to worry so no problem on that front.

I've had this filter since my post in the other thread (October 2006).
Old 7th August 2008, 16:07   #17
BHPian

A filter like this will screw up your engine. Engine oil is a vague way to check this. If you open up you will surely see scuff marks on the barrel because of this filter.
Old 7th August 2008, 18:17   #18
BHPian

I am using this in my kinetic for the last couple of months and it has improved the performance drastically. I have compared this with UNI filters on the same vehicle and the difference is very much noticeable. My kinetic is running with a modified exhaust.

Going through the review here, seems like it may affect your engine, but for the kind of usage i do (20kms per week) I am going to retain it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks