Team-BHP - Suzuki Swift "SPORTS" ....
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Suzuki Swift "SPORTS" .... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/31335-suzuki-swift-sports.html)

Hi,

I was in Coimbatore over the weekend. Was heading to Ooty in a car on Saturday morning, when I saw a different looking swift in front of me.

My uncle who was with me pointed out, saying that its the "Sports" model of the Swift. Dont know what was under the hood though...

What is immediately distinct is that the indicator / tail lamp assembly was looking completlely black.. Like someone had put a "Black Sun Film" on the unit. When the Swift "Sports" braked, the red light was visible ... The colour which I saw a White one with a TN tag attached to it...

No time for pics as I was with family and was kinda in a hurry.

Vivek

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINMAKER (Post 626238)
Hi,

I was in Coimbatore over the weekend. Was heading to Ooty in a car on Saturday morning, when I saw a different looking swift in front of me.

My uncle who was with me pointed out, saying that its the "Sports" model of the Swift. Dont know what was under the hood though...

What is immediately distinct is that the indicator / tail lamp assembly was looking completlely black.. Like someone had put a "Black Sun Film" on the unit. When the Swift "Sports" braked, the red light was visible ... The colour which I saw a White one with a TN tag attached to it...

No time for pics as I was with family and was kinda in a hurry.

Vivek

Vivek, there are no Suzuki Sports in India yet, although they do plan to launch it shortly (dont know when though). What you saw was probably a modded Swift with a sports badge (if it had such a badge).
The black tail lamps would be from smoking the lights which looks cool and does nothing else except make your bright tail/headlamp more dim.
A sports Swift would have a 1.6 twin cam engine and has dual exhausts on the rear. Im sure you just saw a regular 1.3 Modded Swift bro.:)

Nope, there arent any road going 1.6 Swift Sports in Indian yet, however I do remember reading somewhere about Suzuki (or was it MRF or JK?) bringing Swift 1.6 Sports edition for rallying.... There are a lot of Swifts with tastefully done local make overs (side skirts, FFE, etc.,) doing rounds - beware, even if you see (or hear) one with a twin exhaust!

I've seen a couple of Swift Sport...

Its just a sticker & some cosmetic job. you can get it done in most of the Car accessory shops!

Since you were in Coimbi, you probably saw a nicely kitted out swift with the Sport bumper on it. Not the original!

It should be a moded swift. I have seen couple of these (same type) here in Bangalore. Those were modded VDi's. Hope you might have seen the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 626390)
Since you were in Coimbi, you probably saw a nicely kitted out swift with the Sport bumper on it. Not the original!

Yup theres a few of those here too, front fogs, dual rear exhaust tips et all.

Edit: Thread reopened as RAINMAKER claims to be certain that the car he saw was indeed an original imported Swift Sport.

Guys,

First things first... I know a car when I see one...

But it never stuck me that it could be a modified Swift which the Coimby guys are good at.... But they can engineer a "Badge"... now thats something which I cant digest..

Its upto the mods to lock this thread if they feel this is a modified Swift..

Unfortunately I dont have pictures or anything substantial to justify my claims...

Nevertheless no offence meant, non taken...
Vivek

Quote:

What is immediately distinct is that the indicator / tail lamp assembly was looking completlely black.. Like someone had put a "Black Sun Film" on the unit.
You see rainmaker, this is the first giveaway that it was a modded swift and not the original SPORT. A person who would go through the trouble of importing a Swift Sport would usually not go in for cheap add ons like tinting the tailights.

Also, did it have twin exhausts like the pic below? If not, then it is not the Sport.

Isn't the Swift Sport a 2-door car?

It is available with both 4 or 2 doors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 626529)
Also, did it have twin exhausts like the pic below? If not, then it is not the Sport.

Even if it did have the twin exhaust we cant conclude it the original per se. I am pretty confidant there is a 1.3 petrol swift running a replica of the sport here in Bangy.

If there is indeed a Swift Sport imported to Coimby we would here about it soon as Nitrous anna or one of the coimby vets can confirm the same.

There is just 1 car that I know of in Coimby with Sports kit. Its a blue zxi with sport bumper, side skirts, rear skirt, roof spoiler, tray spoiler, 17" lenso with yoko es100 at rear, 15" hr with michelin vivacy at front, custom polk audio install, kenwood sq hu...

Nice car and I am driving it for the next 5 days ;)

A 100% ABS plastic replica swift sports kit including functional twin exhausts is available from a manufacturer in Korea.

The person could have sourced this kit.