Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 18:41   #1
BHPian

Corolla Mods - Eibach Springs, Xenon HIDs and Angel Eye Projector Headlights

I recently have done some lighting and suspension mods on my Corolla. I replaced stock headlights with Angel Eye Projector lights and stock bulbs (low, high and fog) with 6000K HID kits.

Also replaced stock Springs with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. They lower the car by 30mm; my car's ground clearance is reduced from 180mm to 150mm. I am fed up with my Corolla's bullock cart ride, so replaced springs even if it means scraping few humps. There is a noticeable difference in ride comfort but the handling has improved drastically. There is absolutely no body roll while hard cornering, braking has improved. Overall, I fell like driving a different car altogether. But all this comes at a price, my Corolla scrapes many humps and it becomes worse when two or more people sit in the car. Also I can longer park my car in the basement of my house.

So still evaluating the pros and cons of lowering springs...

I plan to turbo my car (considered other options like supercharger and Engine swaps etc but decided to go for turbo). Hence preparing my car for the ultimate goal…next upgrade would be Koni FSD

Please do let me know if you have any suggestions on Suspension upgrades (Springs, Shocks etc.).

- Novice
Old 14th November 2007, 19:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Novice thats an excellent job youve done... infact my eibach springs are on the way for my corolla.. im glad you are here to tell me even before ive installed them that the ride improves dramatically, the car has too much roll otherwise. Good going.
Old 14th November 2007, 20:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice stuff!!! congrats.....How much did you get the springs for?? and fro where??
Old 14th November 2007, 21:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice stuff, but I must say what i honestly say is that changing all your headlights to HID is horribly rude behavior. It blinds other people and makes them want to !@(*&@*(&$#*$&#. I sure hope you instead have some pilot lamps to drive by in city.

All said, otherwise, a nice pimped out car - any pics?

PS: I walk my talk - for a full month rode a bike with HID at night, but on PILOT lights - because I know how horribly irritating it is.
Old 15th November 2007, 06:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Novice thats an excellent job youve done... infact my eibach springs are on the way for my corolla.. im glad you are here to tell me even before ive installed them that the ride improves dramatically, the car has too much roll otherwise. Good going.
Thanks.. I am eagrly waiting for your feedback. I somehow feel that my car is lowered by more than 30 mm, it just feels very low compared to other cars. I yet to verify that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Nice stuff!!! congrats.....How much did you get the springs for?? and fro where??
I got it from a Methods Automotive dealer through Car Shringar, Bangalore. I paid Rs.14200 for four springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nice stuff, but I must say what i honestly say is that changing all your headlights to HID is horribly rude behavior
Yes...I do agree with you on that. But I would never be using all three HIDs simultaneously. The main reason why I did this is I do lot of highway drives during night times and another reason is "for show"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
All said, otherwise, a nice pimped out car - any pics?
I will post few pics soon.

Mods note: post merged.
Old 15th November 2007, 09:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Honest suggestion since you didn' mind my previous one -
What reflectors are you using for HID?

IIRC, Skoda has reduced EC-7 reflectors in order to keep HID output from being too bright (check the tbhp thread). You could do something on those lines - and use the fog lights for the highway. Thats the way to go!

all the same good thought - everyday I meet atleast one safari/big car that runs all head+fog light on high HID beam, and its so horrendous!
Old 15th November 2007, 14:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Great installs Novice. Could you please post some pics
Old 15th November 2007, 19:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great installs Novice. Could you please post some pics
Sure...I will. The car is currently at a service station for some parts replacement (Brake pads, front left drive shaft). It will be back with a new set of 16" alloys and rubbers.
Old 15th November 2007, 22:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Novice
Nice mods u got for the Corolla.
Waiting for the pics.
Old 16th November 2007, 12:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the Performance MODS like ... ?
And having a 30 mm drop is it PRACTICAL in any way ?>
Old 16th November 2007, 13:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
What are the Performance MODS like ... ?
And having a 30 mm drop is it PRACTICAL in any way ?>
I have not touched the Enigne, it is running in comelete stock condition except the air filter. I plan to add a Turbo soon, until then I don't prefer to do any changes to the Engine. And another reason was that all these days I was very much obsessed with ICE, spent good amount of money for that.

Yes...it is not practical to drive around (especially in Bangalore) with 150mm GC. But as I mentioned in my post, I am still evaluating the pros and cons. Any suggestions in this regard (Engine mods, Suspension etc.,)most welcome.
Thanks
Novice.
Old 16th November 2007, 14:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey novice ,

where did you get the angel eyes,any adress or ph no .i wanted one for my verna,
ram
Old 18th November 2007, 14:35   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I have not touched the Enigne, it is running in comelete stock condition except the air filter. I plan to add a Turbo soon, until then I don't prefer to do any changes to the Engine. And another reason was that all these days I was very much obsessed with ICE, spent good amount of money for that.

Yes...it is not practical to drive around (especially in Bangalore) with 150mm GC. But as I mentioned in my post, I am still evaluating the pros and cons. Any suggestions in this regard (Engine mods, Suspension etc.,)most welcome.
Thanks
Novice.
Oh okay ... well i geuss you should have the Stage 1 mods installed first and then flaunt a TURBO .... and not directly a TURBO ...
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:49   #14
alphamike

he novice,

even i want to check out some projector lamps for my elantra, i already have got the HIDs installed VisonX (3 yrs warranty) they are pretty good too. i want to pick up some nice headlamp cluster/assembly especially a set of projectors, if i can get one.

Old 2nd July 2011, 03:46   #15
BHPian

Re: Corolla Mods - Eibach Springs, Xenon HIDs and Angel Eye Projector Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
How much difference have the eibach springs made to the bumpy high speed ride? And how frequently does the car bottom out on delhi roads given the lowered ground clearance ? I would love to switch to eibach if they make a significant difference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks