Team-BHP - Is Tata Indica Xeta GLG 1.4 Mod Friendly?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Is Tata Indica Xeta GLG 1.4 Mod Friendly? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/31391-tata-indica-xeta-glg-1-4-mod-friendly.html)

Hi,
I was just wondering if the Tata Indica Xeta is a car which is mod friendly or not. If so, the what preliminary modifications can be done
1. To extract a bit more power ?
2. To reduce the lag when the AC is turned on ?

what you could do is get a performance air filter like a ractive or k&n or green. you could then get a free flow exhaust. those should noticeably improve the power. then you could get porting and polishing.

these mods should improve the power a decent amount enough for you to notice. i dont know how much of a difference it will do on the indica since i havent heard of any modded indicas.

The Xeta was never built for speed. With all that weight, mods arent really going to help much either.

I wouldnt recommend any after-market performance addons to the Xeta.

The same engine with ECU mods does 85bhp in indigo. I guess you could extract upto 15BHP more in total from this engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 628486)
The same engine with ECU mods does 85bhp in indigo. I guess you could extract upto 15BHP more in total from this engine.

So would this be possible at Tata workshops? I mean will it be as simple as switching to the Indigo ECU? Or would it need other work?

You just need to rewrite the software, like Petes box kind of thing. No need of changing ECU. Tata workshops will not do this kind of work. They can't even change an indigo ECU on an indigo without goofing up, I seriously doubt they can do this.

Quote:

Havent heard of that one ... ECU mods on an INDIGO ... ? it would be good to have the INDIGO with an good LOW END TORQUE ...:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 628484)
The Xeta was never built for speed. With all that weight, mods arent really going to help much either.

I wouldnt recommend any after-market performance addons to the Xeta.

I agree: with im.Better dont go for any mods.

Do not do any performance Mods on this. It will screw the ECU of the engine. The ac lag will be there even if you do the modification on this vehicle.

Quote:

Isint the Indigo 1.4 liter vs the 1.2 on the Xeta Indica.

No earlier XETA's were 1.4 and now only GLX is 1.4 rest 1.2(GLS,GLG)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein (Post 628988)
No earlier XETA's were 1.4 and now only GLX is 1.4 rest 1.2(GLS,GLG)

Mine is a 2006 April Xeta. At that time all the variants had 1.4 lts.

I was wondering. I had met a person incidentally who is an engineer working for Tata Motors, Indica assembly line. He claimed that the ECU ladder logic is intentionally programmed to make the engine perform lower than its 1.4 lt capacity. This is doen to improve fuel efficiency. He said if the ladder logic is modified appropriately, the power would rise appreciably, however witha definite drop in fuel efficiency.

Does anyone know the part number for the chrome exhaust tip of the xeta? couldnt find it looking at the boodmo catalog - the mufflers seem to be the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 4341135)
Does anyone know the part number for the chrome exhaust tip of the xeta? couldnt find it looking at the boodmo catalog - the mufflers seem to be the same.

I think it is integrated with the muffler itself so check the muffler part number of petrol Indica.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salilpawar1 (Post 4342420)
I think it is integrated with the muffler itself so check the muffler part number of petrol Indica.

That's right. I'd gone in for the Indica petrol's muffler assembly while replacing that on our earlier Indica, and as suggested by the service staff :) Sorry as I don't have the invoice with me for retrieving the part number