Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 17:33   #1
BHPian

Mods for Civic Vs Mods for Laura

Hi Guys,

Will soon be picking up a new car and the cars am looking at are the civic and laura. IMO a car is an extension of one's personality and I would love my car to suit my personality and lifestyle. I would like to own a elegant,classy yet sporty ride. A stock Civic or Laura look good but can look better with skirts and few other things. Depending on the costs involved and the number of mod options available on the two cars I would like to make my choice.
I have checked out other threads where it is a comparison between the performance, diesel/petrol comparisons etc. These also will be taken into consideration before taking the plunge.

The Rs kit for the laura- is it available in every dealership? Somewhere in the forum I read it is 1.7 lakhs. Is it true? Will I be able to get just the body kit for the ambiente? If so any idea how much it would cost? Will look at performance mods only later. The Civic's body kit- is it available at the dealership?If so how much is it without the spoiler? I would also like to upgrade the shoes to 17''. Would also get leather seats. How about the ICE? Do these cars come with a good ICE Setup or would I need to spend on an upgrade? I keep travelling quite a bit and would like to put in a LCD screen or two. Which car would suit my requirements better?

I guess I have lot of questions put up here. Am pretty confused and excited right now. Help me out Bhpians.

Cheers
Old 16th November 2007, 17:36   #2
BHPian

Also how about the Xenons? Will Projectors be good enough or should I upgrade and how much would it be for both the cars? I heard Xenons are expensive to maintain.Is it so?
Old 17th November 2007, 01:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you do a search for Civic Mods. There are quite a few threads on it with a lot of snaps also.
Old 17th November 2007, 02:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Both cars can be spurced up the way you want to.
Civic can get more ricer and sporty. Most mods would look good on it.
Laura would be more elegant with or without the RS kit ( no loud mods for the Octy).

You have plenty of perfomance mods available on both cars.

First decide on the car : Civic or Laura considering all your requirements. Then you can start looking for mods one by one.
Old 17th November 2007, 19:33   #5
BHPian

redsfx-i agree with dipen.
Old 17th November 2007, 19:39   #6
BHPian

Laura comes with Xenons IIRC
Old 17th November 2007, 19:50   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Laura comes with Xenons IIRC
not the ambiente. it only comes with projectors.
Old 17th November 2007, 22:00   #8
BHPian

Hi,

Keep the car clean no Body kits .....Go for Remap,Wheels and ICE.
Its my view.

Regards,
PJ
Old 17th November 2007, 22:44   #9
BANNED

In Laura ambiente, there is a bump on the inner side of roof. Don't know what thatis for, but keeping LCD on it could be difficult.

Side skirt on Civic ?. Won't it keep hitting on speed breakers
Old 17th November 2007, 23:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

You are choosing a car according to how it can modded? One is a diesel the other is a petrol, look at your requirement first.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

A civic with a mugen kit will look deadly.. But on the other hand, a laura wit a kit wont look that hot.
Old 18th November 2007, 05:58   #12
BHPian

hey buddy the civic has way more mods available,cosmetically aswel well as performance oriented,just a small list of what i can think is a complete body kit,complete air induction kit,cat-back exhuast system with an optional race cat,upgraded angel eye headlight's aswel as upgraded tail light's,after market hid xenon kit,suspension option's and a brake upgrade kit aswel,the laura(l&k) on the other hand comes with an smg gear box,which is technologically very advance and the cosmetic option's available are the body kit and an upgraded hid xenon kit,as far as engine mods are concerned you can add a box replacement filter,or if you feel the need to you can install a closed air-induction kit and an after market chip,hope i could help,jus my two bits,cheers,happy revvin..!
Old 18th November 2007, 11:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Aftermarket Mugen kits are available already for the Civic, Some Imported kits for the Laura are also coming to town soon. so stay tuned.
Civic for obvious reason is the more aggressive good looking car, but even a Laura with the right color and rims with the kit looks super hott!
Old 19th November 2007, 16:52   #14
BHPian

Hi,
Well am developing a property out a town and I definitely need a diesel now. I am going for the laura ambiente. Am waiting for a month or two so that I get a 2008 model. Sadly Ambiente does not come in black. Will go for the red or probably the silver. Get good 16" wheels and get a good ICE Setup.

Any ideas on the Stock ICE in the laura Ambiente? What if I need to put in LCD'S. Will it be possible and how much would i be sheeling out? How much would the upgrade to XENONS be? If I get custom leather for the seats, gear and door trims how much would it cost me?

Cheers
Old 19th November 2007, 20:22   #15
fb1
BHPian

I am getting xenons fitted in my corrolla... RS.12,000 a pair... 8000k xenons.. Right now I am getting only low beams fitted... will get high beam pair fitted in a few months

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks