Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2004, 13:01   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Some Cool 'Rio Design' Cars.

This Octavia definitely looks better than the RS

Everything looks good about this Palio. Wish it had square/rectangular fogs instead of the round ones.

Who says the NHC looks ugly

Sorry I couldnt get a better pic of this car. But with that meshed grille and skirts this Optra looked damn good.

Not sure if this is a Rio City, but going by the paint i guess its a Rio.
Old 18th December 2004, 13:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

I saw that yellow Octi yesterday heading toward the Taj. Very impressive. I love the fact that he didn't use a huge ugle spoiler at the back. And that paintjob is fantastic.

DC should learn a thing of two about subtle but attractive designs from Rio.

Rt
Old 18th December 2004, 13:32   #3
BANNED

whoa ... a palio kit that i finally like !!! wats the rio dudes contact number ... let me c how much he charging for that kit .. ?? Mayb minus out the bonnet vent but get a roof vent intead !!!

Contact number any1 ...

cheers
Old 18th December 2004, 14:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't like either of them. This guy's designs are too busy, there is too much happening, if you know what i mean, too many lines, too many slashes. The Palio and Octavia are very mature cars in terms of design, and these kits look way too boy racer-ish. I also don't like the way the dual sccops are just pasted onto the hood of the Palio. The NHC kit on the other hand does complement the car well, minus the spoiler of course, now only if the guys at Honda would have left space for bigger rubber. But apart from that, these could just well be customer requests. And yellow seems to be the colour of the season.
Old 18th December 2004, 14:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Rio Fiat Palio

Even I didn't like the Palio sooo much. The bonnet went looks bad, it looks like something is just kept on the bonnet. About those fogs, there should've been either only a vent or huge square fogs. And on the rear, that "thing" below the glass should not have been there.

Rio Skoda Octavia

The Skoda Octavia looks awesome, I guess its got a bonnet vent too and it does look good.
Old 18th December 2004, 15:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree with gordon... i dont like the Palio design at all..... looks too "heavy". On the other hand the Octavia looks good.
Old 18th December 2004, 17:09   #7
BANNED

The clean lines of a regular palio have been ruined by the unnecessary cuts and wedges. Da optra rocks eith the grille and lip on the rear glass.....I dont really like the skirts though.
THOSE HONDA ALLOYS I want to see them on a certain Vtec

M
Old 18th December 2004, 17:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondeoGirl
THOSE HONDA ALLOYS I want to see them on a certain Vtec

M

So GTO, When you getting em'

Cheers
Dom
Old 18th December 2004, 19:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Of all the given pics The Octy rocks. I have seen it in person and it does looks awesome. The yellow shade is way way better than the one by Skoda themselves. Apart from that seen loads of Citys and all of em look good. The Palio didnt appeal much to me, have seen one in white as well

Dippy
Old 18th December 2004, 22:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

wats happnd to Rio Design.
the spoiler on the NHC is total @#$#.and wat to say abt the palio.he has messed with such a good looking car.and look at the biggg gap between the rear spoiler and the dicky door.
the skoda looks OK,he has not all done something groundbreaking.
going by Rio's previous works,the palio and the NHC sukkkkkkkksss.

Did anyone notice the fake vent on the zen in the forst optra pic.hehhe,it is better looking .
Old 19th December 2004, 00:49   #11
bhp
BHPian

i have seen both the yellow octi and city . the octy looks kool but the wheels could have been better i think and the city wheels are just to die for , they are 16'' i guess seen the car many a times
Old 20th December 2004, 00:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

The Palio: Like everyone has mentioned before, too many slashes and lines mar the look of the car. I hate too huge gaping air-dams on the front bumper which look more like a whale's mouth than of any real use.

The Skoda: The RS still looks better than this one. C'mon, those alloys would have been better on an Optra rather than an Octavia. And for all its subtlety, its a bit too plain jane. No character in the design. Infact those design cues would have looked striking on a metallic shade like silver.

The NHC: I might like it now, hate it later and then like it again. Hard to really tell. Its got some great design cues, but somewhere it also loses the plot. My opinion though.

The Optra: Looking better. Need to see more of it to give an analysis.

The OHC: Lovely alloys. One grey VTEC could do with those as MondeoGirl put it.

Revv
Old 23rd December 2004, 00:18   #13
BHPian

Saw a yello Colour Opel Sail done up by Rio wid sporting decals nd a plain black one nd i thought the yellow one looked gorgeous
Old 23rd December 2004, 09:40   #14
BHPian

I have seen the yellow octy being done up from scratch, IMHO the guy could have done without the yellow and the spoiler on the rear is a lil too understated to me there’s nothing that beats the org spoiler. The front is very sporty/aggressive (lots of meshing) but not subtle as org. I considered this kit very seriously when I was planning to get the Rider 1.8T instead of the vRS.

Satyam.

PS:Never the less rehan does one of the best paintjobs.
Old 23rd December 2004, 09:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

There is also a beautiful modded red Opel Sail with I guess a "Colin McRae" singature sticker on the bonnet driven by a female. Will "try" to get pics

Most Viewed