Team-BHP - immobolizer for Safari 2.2LX from indilock
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   immobolizer for Safari 2.2LX from indilock (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/31567-immobolizer-safari-2-2lx-indilock-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 634856)
Now my question here is that LX comes with centeral locking so how is that different than this, is that the manual which comes as standard with LX.
3.manual central locking and unlocking, all doors can be manually locked and unlocked

ya,its right,LX comes with a manual central lock switch on driver side window
from where you can lock/unlock all the doors

You need to ask an aware dealer about all these things, better find out Minda's contact (check my link if its present there) and get answers from them directly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 634856)
I could not get time to visit the dealer but i studied the pamphlet and it says following features:
1.Separate unloacking for driver's door, means when you turn off ignition only driver side door will get unlocked by default and all the doors.
2.The original Minda Huf car alarm system.
Now my question here is that LX comes with centeral locking so how is that different than this, is that the manual which comes as standard with LX.
3.manual central locking and unlocking, all doors can be manually locked and unlocked
4.Water proof remote control
5. secret code for emergency
In case you loose remote, you will be provided with a secret code to de activate your engine immobiliser to start the car even without remote
6.2-Cut immobilisation for enhanced security
Just at press of button not only does the starter gets cut, also the ignitin immobiliser gets activated, providing you double security.
What all this means, i can not make sense.
7. Prevention of remote battery dischanrge ( i do not know how they will do that)

I called Minda today, they have one office in Noida itself:). The helpline number is 9818127001.

The guy told me that the the security system for immobiliser they are offering which will be fitted by dealer will be integrated with ECU and tehre will not be any wire cut ect, beacuse thay are providing all the wire herness, connectores etc with the kit.
When i asked about the cost, he said he has no idea. The dealer at gurgaon Dhingra told me it will cost 5800 and A-pOne motors at delhi quoted 6100. however i have not bargained yet.

I checked with TATA Dealer and he says Autocop is also their oem supplier.
Got fitted immobiliser with remote locking. Working well.
Costed only 4.5K

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUDA (Post 632432)
Ok, one more question here, they gave me only one remote with the Keys. Apparently the immobilizer gets activated after a few minutes of opening the doors unless you press unlock button on the remote. Now my worry is what if the battery of the remote conks off somewhere in the middle of a highway where you got down for a leak or something? what if it gets lost? What if it really gets damaged and once the immobilizer comes on there is no other ways to switch it off. I called the service manager of B.U. Bhandari and he advised that yes TATAs give only one remote and they give you a code, if you are in such a situation you need to give them a call and they would tell you what needs to be done. Great so in the middle of the night you could give a call to the service guy and then he shall advise!! This is one thing that the TATAs need to work out I guess....

---------------------------------------------
Juda:
You have a EX. You get 2 remotes along with the car. I know, I got two along with the harness. I also bought from B U Bhandari.

Not sure if someone has already posted this option - MicroVBB . I have the Micro VBB Elite on my marina as after fitment. It has immobilizer plus you can control through your mobile phone. VBB folks have tied up with few TATA dealers in hyderabad. Not sure about other cities. Since I bought my vehicle from Concorde (TATA associate company) they do not sell / fix this stuff.

Anyway it's working fine, except for the remote is of rather average quality. Atleast I have peace of mind. The biggest advantage is dual mode operation. In case your remote's battery lets you down after arming, you have another way to disarm i.e. your mobile. And if you have forgotten your mobile, chances are that your wife will carry hers (you can register more than one cell number as admin).

Now if you don't have a wife (or girlfriend atleast) call up your home from pco. Have a template message saved beforehand. Ask someone to press the send button :) .

Yes, already discussed here way back in May 2007. But dont forget it uses GPRS and you need to pay a monthly charge for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghosh (Post 763437)
Not sure if someone has already posted this option - MicroVBB . I have the Micro VBB Elite on my marina as after fitment. It has immobilizer plus you can control through your mobile phone. VBB folks have tied up with few TATA dealers in hyderabad. Not sure about other cities. Since I bought my vehicle from Concorde (TATA associate company) they do not sell / fix this stuff.

Anyway it's working fine, except for the remote is of rather average quality. Atleast I have peace of mind. The biggest advantage is dual mode operation. In case your remote's battery lets you down after arming, you have another way to disarm i.e. your mobile. And if you have forgotten your mobile, chances are that your wife will carry hers (you can register more than one cell number as admin).

Now if you don't have a wife (or girlfriend atleast) call up your home from pco. Have a template message saved beforehand. Ask someone to press the send button :) .

any idea on costs / prices?

also read somewhere that the remotes are really crappy on the unit (?)

between this and the xenos, which one is better? also, anyone have the number for autocop in delhi?

cheers dudes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 763677)
Yes, already discussed here way back in May 2007. But dont forget it uses GPRS and you need to pay a monthly charge for it.

Yes forgot to mention that. You will have to bear additional Rs. 150/- to 200/- per month. Another point to remember is, it's not a "remote central locking" solution. I still use the manual central locking of my vehicle.