Team-BHP - immobolizer for Safari 2.2LX from indilock
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   immobolizer for Safari 2.2LX from indilock (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/31567-immobolizer-safari-2-2lx-indilock.html)

Hi Bhpians

I had gone to teh tata dealer for finalizing the deal for the Safari LX version and i asked them can i install the immobolizer in LX version, the sales person called the accessory guy and he told yes it can be done and showed me the indilok pamphlet and told that it the the OEM that is cooming with VX version and will cost around 5800.

Is is right or taking me for ride

Its like any other Security system (probably more stringent) since its developed specifically for TATA motors by MINDA.

Its available with all TATA dealers as accessories.

I doubt they can provide for the same as in the EX/VX since those have ECU integrated immobilizers.

More details:

Concorde

MINDA

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 632079)
Hi Bhpians

I had gone to teh tata dealer for finalizing the deal for the Safari LX version and i asked them can i install the immobolizer in LX version, the sales person called the accessory guy and he told yes it can be done and showed me the indilok pamphlet and told that it the the OEM that is cooming with VX version and will cost around 5800.

But the one he showed me was also from Minda, but i will check with them for teh integration with ECU stuff.

I am talking about the same thing, check the link.

The things you need to ask them is :

- Will they change the keys and give spare ones too for the RF-id.
- Will the "LOCK" indicator glow in the dashboard just like it does in EX/VX, when you open the door.
- What will happen if you get an ECU update from DELPHI at a later stage, will it still work.

If they are offerring OEM fitment, all this should work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 632096)
But the one he showed me was also from Minda, but i will check with them for teh integration with ECU stuff.

I think cost is right from Tata Dealers, though similar products from Autocop, Xenos and other cost less than Indilock. But I will prefer the one that is OEM and fitted by Tata. So they do not create an issue later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 632079)
Hi Bhpians

dadu, wahen i asked about the keys, they told, no the keys will remain same but they will give 2 remotes for this fitment. anyway I will keep your pointers in mind while discussing with them

Ok, one more question here, they gave me only one remote with the Keys. Apparently the immobilizer gets activated after a few minutes of opening the doors unless you press unlock button on the remote. Now my worry is what if the battery of the remote conks off somewhere in the middle of a highway where you got down for a leak or something? what if it gets lost? What if it really gets damaged and once the immobilizer comes on there is no other ways to switch it off. I called the service manager of B.U. Bhandari and he advised that yes TATAs give only one remote and they give you a code, if you are in such a situation you need to give them a call and they would tell you what needs to be done. Great so in the middle of the night you could give a call to the service guy and then he shall advise!! This is one thing that the TATAs need to work out I guess....

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUDA (Post 632432)
Ok, one more question here, they gave me only one remote with the Keys. Apparently the immobilizer gets activated after a few minutes of opening the doors unless you press unlock button on the remote. Now my worry is what if the battery of the remote conks off somewhere in the middle of a highway where you got down for a leak or something? what if it gets lost? What if it really gets damaged and once the immobilizer comes on there is no other ways to switch it off. I called the service manager of B.U. Bhandari and he advised that yes TATAs give only one remote and they give you a code, if you are in such a situation you need to give them a call and they would tell you what needs to be done. Great so in the middle of the night you could give a call to the service guy and then he shall advise!! This is one thing that the TATAs need to work out I guess....

They give two remotes. I have installed the same on my LX. They are folling you. Ask them to open a new sealed pack box and you will get two remotes. I have the autocop model with TATA written on box and they remote.

Juda, they give a 4 digit code, using that yo can unlock the immobolizer. Thre are certain steps you need to follow to do this. You must have got that 4 digit code and the manual to use them to unlock the immobolizer.
If not then contact your dealer and get the code ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 632449)
Juda, they give a 4 digit code, using that yo can unlock the immobolizer. Thre are certain steps you need to follow to do this. You must have got that 4 digit code and the manual to use them to unlock the immobolizer.
If not then contact your dealer and get the code ASAP.

Even i didn't knew abt this? My question is where do we need to enter this code to unlock since there are no keys on the remote..

I did not thought of that,what a fool I am. Now i think the 2 remote story make sense. I need to get in touch with the guy its getting over my head now.

They are just providing another kind of a security system, it not the OEM Immobilizer.

Immobilizer works with RFid in the key and ECU matching which allows the vehicle to start. This is used by MUL (iCATS) and on many other high end cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 632256)
dadu, wahen i asked about the keys, they told, no the keys will remain same but they will give 2 remotes for this fitment. anyway I will keep your pointers in mind while discussing with them

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 632688)
They are just providing another kind of a security system, it not the OEM Immobilizer.

Immobilizer works with RFid in the key and ECU matching which allows the vehicle to start. This is used by MUL (iCATS) and on many other high end cars.

Slightly Agree but slightly disagree as well.

Immobilizer means your vehicle engine can not be started.
YES MUL provides RFID Immobilizer security system.

But TATA provides security system without RFID Immobilizer. What exactly happens here is: If someone breaks through your car security system, (Lets say by breaking the window glass), the security alarm starts and as soon as you try to start the engine, all the circuit is broken and engine halts.

And I suppose, if you break the glass, Don't use ur car remote to stop the alarm, and use ur original car keys, the Immobilizer comes into affect.

This is the concept used here. Ofcourse these kinds of Immobilizer can be fitted elsewhere as well (apart from the Dealer).

The RFID based immobilizer is the one tried and tested and used worldover.

Like I said earlier, its another kind of a security system, dont know/have statistics on how difficult or easy it is to break through this.

I hope its not like the common ones being used (i call them door openers), cut the battery cable to it and off they go with your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbey4u (Post 632945)
Slightly Agree but slightly disagree as well.

Immobilizer means your vehicle engine can not be started.
YES MUL provides RFID Immobilizer security system.

But TATA provides security system without RFID Immobilizer. What exactly happens here is: If someone breaks through your car security system, (Lets say by breaking the window glass), the security alarm starts and as soon as you try to start the engine, all the circuit is broken and engine halts.

And I suppose, if you break the glass, Don't use ur car remote to stop the alarm, and use ur original car keys, the Immobilizer comes into affect.

This is the concept used here. Ofcourse these kinds of Immobilizer can be fitted elsewhere as well (apart from the Dealer).

I could not get time to visit the dealer but i studied the pamphlet and it says following features:
1.Separate unloacking for driver's door, means when you turn off ignition only driver side door will get unlocked by default and all the doors.
2.The original Minda Huf car alarm system.
Now my question here is that LX comes with centeral locking so how is that different than this, is that the manual which comes as standard with LX.
3.manual central locking and unlocking, all doors can be manually locked and unlocked
4.Water proof remote control
5. secret code for emergency
In case you loose remote, you will be provided with a secret code to de activate your engine immobiliser to start the car even without remote
6.2-Cut immobilisation for enhanced security
Just at press of button not only does the starter gets cut, also the ignitin immobiliser gets activated, providing you double security.
What all this means, i can not make sense.
7. Prevention of remote battery dischanrge ( i do not know how they will do that)