Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2007, 19:29   #1
BHPian

Help Required For My New Swift Diesel

Hi Guys,

Just baught a vdi this month and after driving it for 3000 kms in around 25 days have noticed some humming noise from the front tyres when at real slow speeds.
The noise comes only when the car is slow and it seems from either wheel bearings or brakes.
Since its almost a brand new car i am very worried , will take it to my dealer on monday.
Please help.
has anyone faced the same problem???
Thanks in advance
Old 27th November 2007, 18:58   #2
BHPian

I had faced similar issues with my vdi(done 5200kms). I got the brake pads cleaned and the wheel allingnment done. It solved the issue.
Old 27th November 2007, 22:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

i havent faced it, your vehicle is covered under warranty dont worry and get it checked at the dealership
Old 28th November 2007, 09:12   #4
BHPian

I am having the same problem with my LDi, the noise comes while braking at slow speeds....went to MSM Okhla, Delhi. They washed the pads with some kind of liquid, the noise did go away for three says but has again reapeared yesterday evening. Plan to go there once more & give them a piece of my mind.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:38   #5
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the response.
Went to my dealer(apra auto gurgaon), according to them its the tyre noise which is there in almost all the swifts.
since my car is just a month old and done 3000kms am worried ........should i complain and ask for tyre change??? or live with it which (according to the dealer) everyone else is doing....
please suggest?????

p.s - since the noise is very similar to wheel bearing noise i insisted my dealer to check the bearings , but due to nonavailability of lift he could not do it and has adviced me to come back.
has anyone else faced a problem with the bearings as well????
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:12   #6
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Tyre noise if any will occur when you at high speeds on the highway maybe 80km/hr or above. This generally happens when the width of the tyre is less in your case it is 165mm, ideally this car should have 185mm. The tyre is JK, put in a complaint and ask for a service engineer meet you.

But the problem here is the guy may give you a warranty & replace your tyre calculating the wear on a prorata basis. So any ways you will end up getting about Rs 800 /= per tyre.

Which you will get if you walk into any tyre dealership & ask to put broader tyres say 185/70 R14.

So either live the noise if you do not drive on the highway much or walk into any tyre shop & change your tyres to 185mm which is a good fit on the stock rims.
Old 3rd December 2007, 12:30   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I have noticed a "hum" from the wheels of ABS shod Swifts that is absent in their non-ABS variants. Is this the same sound ?
Old 3rd December 2007, 13:06   #8
BHPian

The intensity of 'HUMM' should be more in all swifts except for the Zxi
Old 4th December 2007, 12:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
Hi Guys,

Just baught a vdi this month and after driving it for 3000 kms in around 25 days have noticed some humming noise from the front tyres when at real slow speeds.
The noise comes only when the car is slow and it seems from either wheel bearings or brakes.
Since its almost a brand new car i am very worried , will take it to my dealer on monday.
Please help.
has anyone faced the same problem???
Thanks in advance
is your swift equipped with abs.if yes then it can be sound from it.
Old 4th December 2007, 13:41   #10
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.

Vijit: tyre noise in my car comes at low spped as well, infact its more prominent when the car is almost at 10-20 km/hr.
since my car has just done 3500kms do u still think i would only get around 800 rs. per tyre?
what should be the correct trye size(upgraded) if at all i go for new tyres?

since my car doesnt have abs so i guess the noise is either from faulty wheel bearings or tyres....
i have shot a mail to maruti ,they were supposes to get back to me ...still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
Hi Guys,

Tyre noise if any will occur when you at high speeds on the highway maybe 80km/hr or above. This generally happens when the width of the tyre is less in your case it is 165mm, ideally this car should have 185mm. The tyre is JK, put in a complaint and ask for a service engineer meet you.

But the problem here is the guy may give you a warranty & replace your tyre calculating the wear on a prorata basis. So any ways you will end up getting about Rs 800 /= per tyre.

Which you will get if you walk into any tyre dealership & ask to put broader tyres say 185/70 R14.

So either live the noise if you do not drive on the highway much or walk into any tyre shop & change your tyres to 185mm which is a good fit on the stock rims.
Old 10th December 2007, 12:55   #11
BHPian

See I was able to get Rs 800.00 after I had run about 4200 kms...so that should not be a problem...depends on the dealer & your bargaining capabilities.

As for the noise...if it is at low speeds then please get it checked...I see you are also from Delhi, go to either MSM Okhla or Naraina.

Most Viewed