Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2004, 16:30   #1
BHPian

About e-zens and b-zens...

b-zens i think!

has anybody put a baleno engine into the zen?

will the engine not fit into the zens bay?
Old 21st December 2004, 16:45   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Considering that the Zen was originally designed for a 600cc engine...then a 997...and now modifiers have started dumping 1300cc - I think thats enough.

Even if the engine bay can accomodate the size, do you think the balance would be there? With the 1.3, its a direct bolt-on operation

GTO
Old 21st December 2004, 16:48   #3
BHPian

i think it will make for a great drag weapon though!

for road use, i think even the e-zen is a bit much.

Frankly, I doubt the capability of the cars with their existing engines itself!
Old 21st December 2004, 17:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

How big is the diesel engine in the zen?? And even if you were to fix a baleno engine into the zen, whouldn't you have to carry out some other modification to the drivetrain??
Old 21st December 2004, 17:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

the baleno engine can be fixed..in fact there is such a swap going on in blore...a few mods have to be done to fix the mounts, they have to be moved a bit...also the drive shafts have to be changed...will keep u guys updated with its progress
Old 21st December 2004, 19:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

b-zens?? Insane.... I think e-zens are mad enough!! b-zens are a bit too much.... I have my doubts of the car staying on ground after that!!
hmmmm, maybe dag races between b-zens and Boeing 747's!!
Old 21st December 2004, 19:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

i had heard that someone in t-bhp is preparing a b-zen for the speedrun in Jan.
dunno if its still on.
Old 21st December 2004, 19:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

I guess one should go one step further rather than shoehorn fit the Baleno engine in the Zen. A better thing to do is to fit the Baleno engine into the Esteem along with other mods. I guess the end result would be quite interesting.

A b-Esteem

Dippy
Old 21st December 2004, 19:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

as the zen is lighter how abt fitting the B engine in an alto.as it is u have u change the mountings to fit in a zen.,why not try it in an alto.the chassis of the alto is more stiff than the zen .and as the brakes of the alto have larger discs ,u need not modify the brakes to cope with extra power.
Old 21st December 2004, 22:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

I dunno, but i think Dom once mentioned fitting a 1.6 on a zen. It seems it produced in the region of 475 horses if i am not mistaken. The B-zen is a possibility, of course changing mounting points, the bonnet and the front grille placement. My worry though is the suspensions. Can they cope with the increased weight? It depends on the weight of the engine, if anyone has any idea of the 1.6's weight, it'd be of great help.

Shravan, nothing is insane, anything is possible. It totally depends on how much do you wanna spend, its the power of your wallet. The car can be tamed.

Revv
Old 21st December 2004, 23:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

dom did not talk abt a 1.6 baleno engine.,but an 8 lac Rs engine.

[quote=Revvmaster]I dunno, but i think Dom once mentioned fitting a 1.6 on a zen. It seems it produced in the region of 475 horses if i am not mistaken. The B-zen is a possibility, of course changing mounting points, the bonnet and the front grille placement. My worry though is the suspensions. Can they cope with the increased weight?

hey revv

even i remember Dom talking abt some enine that wud cost abt 8lacs.
the suspension can easily be modified,as iceman had done to his zen.
the brakes will also have o be modified as the zen brakes in its present avtaar really sukks.
u definitely have to bang into someone if u rely only on the brakes when slowing from 100+speeds without engine braking.
and wat abt the extra torque that the baleno engine will put out.maybe fitting a strut brace will be compulsory.if a roll cage is also fitted then maybe u can get the rigidity u want.
also i think ,u can modify the rear drums to the M800's discs.
and its not Dom whi i was preparing for the speedrun in a b-zen.
its someone else from mumbai.but dunno the current position.
the last i heard from him was that a NOS kit is also in the pipeline.
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

well guys it is not gonna be ready for the speed run and what dom was talkin about is way diff from this...yeah ou have to mod the following
1. brakes
2. suspension
3. strut bars
4. chassis
5. mounts
6. front grill and bumper
7. drive shafts
this is just the top of my head...
also 475 bhp of 1.6 baleno is not what dom was talkin about..the baleno you can do max 200bhp ppower to weight on a zen..n/a with turbo u can go 250-275 tops.
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:55   #13
Team-BHP Support

What was that....475 hp....in a Zen? Revv, did you mean that or was it supposed to be 175 hp or so?

Either way, you mention the added weight of the 1.6. Well, the diesel Zen with that Pug engine is far heavier than a 1.6 aluminium engine would be, so it would make sense to take the shocks off the diesel zen and install them on the B-zen or even an E-Zen.

As far as braces go, I'm sure anyone swapping engines is not gonna stop at just the engine swap. He/she would add braces, and (i hope) upgrade the brakes.

I think a Zen like this would easily be able to handle 150 hp. in the right hands. Remember, Group A Gypsy's running 1.0 carb engines in the rallies a few years ago used to be churning out 100+ hp.

Rt
Old 22nd December 2004, 09:56   #14
Team-BHP Support

Yeah Revv,

whats with the 475bhp?? lol.... im assuming its a typo... but whats the real figure u meant to say?

R
Old 22nd December 2004, 10:00   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think Dippy hit the nail on the head. An Esteem with a Baleno engine makes more sense buttttttttttttttttttt I wouldnt ever think of it for my Esteem.

Both these cars are terribly outdated by modern standards...and in the case of the Esteem, it can barely handle the 85 horses it already has!

BHP is never enough...but then power is nothing without control too!

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks