dents scratches don't bother me (or i drive a truck!) 11 8.15%
skeptical about fixing them so never tried 55 40.74%
fixed them and very satisfied (as good as new!) 37 27.41%
fixed them but not happy with the results 32 23.70%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2007, 17:33   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Worst thing for the car is rust. If the scratch leaves exposed metal, and rust comes, then getting it sorted properly is urgent.

Kids scratched my swift, both sides; we were even sitting in it at the time and didn't know what they were doing :(.

Haven't decided what to do about it yet.
Old 16th December 2007, 18:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Kids scratched my swift, both sides; we were even sitting in it at the time
Proud of the fact that we are maintaining consistent quality across the nation! We have identically gifted kids in Delhi too!
Old 16th December 2007, 18:53   #33
BHPian

Hey isn't that strange, usually the kids would scratch the car when you are not around. Lately I have noticed on more than one occasion weird behavior of scratching going on when you are IN THE CAR. I just told off a group of kids yesterday. Unbelievable.
Old 20th December 2007, 12:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Proud of the fact that we are maintaining consistent quality across the nation! We have identically gifted kids in Delhi too!
yeah i agree or should we say like minded neighbours across India...
(my bonnet and boot door both scratched)...enough with the
UNITY in DIVERSITY crap..gimme a break
Old 20th December 2007, 17:09   #35
BHPian

Used to accumlate a scratch/ dent a month, its now once in 6 months.

WRT to rust, I once took a quote for a couple of scratches where the metal was exposed- i didnt have the budget, but when i said that I am worried abt rust (as it was rainy month), the guy told me that new cars (mine is a swift) come with metal treatment, and I do not have to worry abt rust.

While i got it repaired after monsoon, my car was constantly exposed to the elements for 3- 4 months, and there was no sign of rust.

Cheers
Old 21st December 2007, 01:22   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm glad you've got no sign of rust, but I've never heard of any 'treatment' that can't be scratched through. I find that one hard to believe.
Old 21st December 2007, 04:20   #37
BHPian

I did have a scratch on my car by a kid who tried rehearsing his creative skill of drawing a star he learnt as playschool but got that fixed after carrying it around for a month. Minor scratches can be bearable but i never feel satisfied after a dent or scratch removal session. Body parts should be cheaper and replaced
Old 25th December 2007, 18:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm glad you've got no sign of rust, but I've never heard of any 'treatment' that can't be scratched through. I find that one hard to believe.

Probably i was plain lucky.

But i do believe in the treatement theroy tho. If I recollect correctly, the metal is treated while it is in sheet form unlike say, the "car shell" being sprayed with some "treatement solution".

In "those" days, when you just that the amby, the premier (fiat and 118NE) and the maruti 800, it was common to see an amy or a fiat/NE rusting post monsoons, especially near the running boards; but atleast I have never seen a 800 rust that way.

Cheers
Old 25th December 2007, 18:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

My car has a few scratches on the left side and apparently none on the drivers side. Been piling them up for over a year now. Thanks the kids in my area and the retards on the bangy roads.

The front bumper has a few noticeable scratches and I stopped worrying about them coz I know my car needs a visit to the service for a bumper repaint job.

And saturday morning saw me ram into an auto who wouldn't stop inspite of seeing me take a U-turn. He drove straight into the gap between my car and a bus. Nor did I give a damn to stop, i drove into him.

Left him with a scratched broken rear right wheel arch and a scratch on my bumper. I wasn't bothered and nor was he..

All he said was " Yen Saar "(What Saar) and I replied " Yenu illa , gaadi thagi neenu " (Nothing, move your vehicle). He knew it was his mistake and nor was I in a mood to speak(read, I was ready to break open his chicken head if he uttered a word saying it was my mistake).

Wednesday my car is going into the service center to get the bumper repainted. The saga starts again, where-in the 1st scratch on the bumper and I go mad .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 25th December 2007 at 18:36.
Old 25th December 2007, 18:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

I got my car from a colleague. Inherited a lot of scratches on the bumper, sides and a dent near the left rear door. I scratched it near a gate too. Although the car looked like new in the inside (it was well maintained), sometimes gave the used car look on the outside.. I finally asked around, various garages quoted 15k to repaint the bumpers and doors, got a guy to do the job for 9k. Except the roof, the rest of the car was repainted in exactly the original colour. And he has done a damn good job, I must say. Truly one of the gems hidden behind the shabby garage looks. My baby looks brand new now and I feel good too. No scratch after this touch wood.
But have decided, will take it once in a year to remove scratches.
Old 25th December 2007, 19:01   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Whats the best way to get remove scratchs, do the paintshop guys use a paint brush and do it with a matching color? Or do they use the spray paint sort of gun to do on small patches?
Old 25th December 2007, 19:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

paint brush is the way to go, you wont be able to match the paint consistency using the spray, use the spray can only for the color dispensing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Whats the best way to get remove scratchs, do the paintshop guys use a paint brush and do it with a matching color? Or do they use the spray paint sort of gun to do on small patches?
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

re: Dent scratch removal experience survey

Reviving a very old thread.

Just wanted to check if anyone tried these dent removal products and its effectiveness. Does it affect tha paint in anyway?

Car Automobile Dent Removal Remover pop a dent | eBay

Car Van Remover New Suction Dent Puller/Glass Mover Cup | eBay
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:00   #44
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dent scratch removal experience survey

Frankly I am so tired of minor scratches, that I am planning to make a brush paint based scratch removing solution myself. Whether it is a small or big scratch, there is no real solution other than repainting the entire panel. For a brush paint based solution, color matching and non-blob forming properties would be the key.
Old 8th December 2011, 18:01   #45
BHPian

Re: Dent scratch removal experience survey

Does anyone know/tried to use scratch pen removers like this one.?

Most Viewed