Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 16:33   #31
BHPian

Re: Matiz maintaince Issues

HI

We have been restoring an old cielo, we are through with the engine overhaul, and parts were not a problem, I found genuine Daewoo parts in Kashmri gate..

They have, original crank seal to brake pads and even shockers available with them...we will be changing the gear bushes soon, already have the bushes available form there..so matiz parts should not be too much trouble i think..

Air filter etc. should be easily available everywhere, if not original ones, you have easy option of OEM replacements in the market(K&N etc.)...also the body work is an easy job for most workshops in NCR, it should not be an issue!
cheers

TORQUED
Old 10th April 2013, 22:57   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Matiz maintaince Issues- AC.

Is it possible to refill the AC compressor gas in the Matiz? I'm looking at buying one and I was told the AC gas has run out and it needs refilling with a gas called 'R1'?? Can this be done at any qualified car AC service?
Old 11th April 2013, 00:36   #33
BHPian

Re: Matiz maintaince Issues- AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Is it possible to refill the AC compressor gas in the Matiz? I'm looking at buying one and I was told the AC gas has run out and it needs refilling with a gas called 'R1'?? Can this be done at any qualified car AC service?
Hi Stanher,

Before you make the purchase of the matiz i would recommend that you get the AC checked for the reasons of why the initial gas leak occurred. a simple leak test will reveal if it. And kindly note that the gas is R12 not R1.

Now back to your question: Is it possible to refill the AC compressor gas in the Matiz?
Yes, The AC system of the matiz can be refilled with R12 refrigerant, and most AC technicians can do it for you.
But the availability of the R12 refrigerant is getting a bit scarce now so make sure your AC guy fills the system with the correct gas. The more commonly available gas nowadays is R134, so please make sure the AC tech uses the correct refrigerant to fill the system. If the wrong gas is filled the oil seal inside the Ac compressor could fail or weaken the rubber hoses through which the gas passes through and could put you at a great loss if any of them fail.

Cheers
Saud

Last edited by msaudf : 11th April 2013 at 00:53.
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 00:04   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all,

Rather a late update but I wasnt able to find this thread again until now!

Anyways, long story short, I finally settled for a reasonably decent '99 SD Matiz (only AC, no P'steering, central locking etc) in "Twinkle Beige" last month.

Car is in good nick although has a lot of miles on it (90k+ km) and AC compressor works but gas needs refilling.

Body ok but for a few 'common' dents and scrapes around.

Tyres, atleast 2, need replacement as well.

Aside, the car does feel very comfortable to sit in and drive as well, and seems able to handle the roads well.

But the area that needed most attention was the fuel injectors and the IC board, which had to be replaced. Also the brakes (almost non-existent when car was bought!) besides some play in the gearshift. Shortly after buying the car I had all this fixed at a known ex-dealership for Daewoo in Secunderabad who thankfully still work on these cars.

I also managed to procure some original cosmetic spares that the car needed.

First thing purchased for the car (apart from the engine oil and oil filter) was a set of new METAL stamped number plates, to replace the ugly cheapo brittle plastic ones that break on the slightest impact! I hate having them on any vehicle of mine!

'will be getting the car back home tomorrow. However, I am told not to get the AC gas refilled as yet, as the fuel injectors have just been replaced. So have been asked to drive the car as it is for about atleast a week if not a fortnight! and then proceed to get the gas refilling done?

A difficult wait at this time of the year though, with the torrid heat boiling up the interior of the car during the day!

Meanwhile, some pics. of my Matiz. The orange one belongs to someone else in our colony itself.

Matiz maintaince Issues-matiz.jpg

Matiz maintaince Issues-20130412-14.08.45.jpg

Matiz maintaince Issues-201304013.jpg

Matiz maintaince Issues-20130412-13.58.16.jpg

Matiz maintaince Issues-20130419-10.09.471.jpg

Matiz maintaince Issues-20130419-10.10.041.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd May 2013 at 00:08.
Old 1st September 2021, 16:34   #35
BHPian

I wonder if any bhpian still owns or uses a Matiz ?
I was pleasantly surprised to someone in my new neighborhood still running his 1999 Matiz for his daily office commute.
Will try and find out the secret of his car's longevity while so many of ours' have been discarded.

Most Viewed