Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 23:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Help!!! Remove FFE

Hey!! i am putting up this thread on behalf of my friend.He has recently bought a Second hand swift with a FFE.Somehow he is not liking the sound.Says it's too loud.He either want to remove it or get the sound reduced.He wants the sound to set in after 4000 RPM.

Is it possible?? If not then how to go about in removing the FFE.Do we need to get new headers,piping and endcan from Maruti???How much would it cost?? Help please!!!
Old 30th November 2007, 23:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

If its a straight-thru muffler, nothing can be done abt the sound.

The intermediate pipe would most likely be the stock piece, in which case the muffler would have to be replaced to stock. That would also mostly nullify the purpose of the FFE with only the headers left intact and 95% of the FFE going back to stock.

Last edited by theMAG : 1st December 2007 at 00:03.
Old 1st December 2007, 00:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Increase the ratio of wool in the wool-glass mixture present in the end can.
Old 1st December 2007, 00:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get a new end can which is milder and let your friend enjoy the headers.
Old 1st December 2007, 01:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Take the car to a MASS and apologise for thinking that the maruti engineers don't know anything, beg them to return your car to default, stock and reliable condition.
Old 1st December 2007, 01:54   #6

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

get a different expansion chamber from one of the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers like automech/viper.
Old 1st December 2007, 02:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Hey!! i am putting up this thread on behalf of my friend.He has recently bought a Second hand swift with a FFE.Somehow he is not liking the sound.Says it's too loud.He either want to remove it or get the sound reduced.He wants the sound to set in after 4000 RPM.

Is it possible?? If not then how to go about in removing the FFE.Do we need to get new headers,piping and endcan from Maruti???How much would it cost?? Help please!!!
If you want to change the entire set up to stock pm me i have it ready
you might want to check if the car has just an end can or even headers. I think you might be surprised to find only the noisy muffler with everything else stock.
Old 1st December 2007, 07:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies.The FFE is a complete one with headers,new piping and endcan....How do i get to know thats it is a straight pipe or not??

@TheMag: There is also a black muffler like thing in the middle.Is that the intermediate pipe you are talking about.Well I have driven the car but dont know why my friends to remove it.The car is running fantastic.It touches 80 km/h in second gear.And the sound is to die for.Guess some people dont like it.I'll refer him to team-bhp,maybe his mind will cahnge...LOL.Is their some way to retain the performance but dim the sound a little bit??

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 1st December 2007 at 08:06. Reason: missed on something.
Old 1st December 2007, 08:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Take the car to a MASS and apologise for thinking that the maruti engineers don't know anything, beg them to return your car to default, stock and reliable condition.

My My, aren't we a little ANTI-MOD today...eh?
Old 1st December 2007, 08:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
There is also a black muffler like thing in the middle. Is their some way to retain the performance but dim the sound a little bit??

To reduce the sound intensity & buzziness:
1. Remove the 'black muffler-like thing' - the expansion chamber.
2. Plonk in a resonator...you will get this at any exhaust shop...or they could make one for you.
3. If you have the space, do not remove the expansion chamber, just put the resonator in series with the expansion chamber.

You will get the desired results.
Old 1st December 2007, 08:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
You will get the desired results.
Yeah desired results = RX 100 kind of exhaust note .
Old 1st December 2007, 08:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

guys can you tell me some places in delhi,where i can go and show the FFE.I guess they can hear it and adjust it accordingly.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey i have a better idea,put it for barter in t-bhp,maybe some one will go for it.he gets a full free flow and you get the stock-why do a research on the subject.or if you liked the sound exchange cars.
ram
Old 1st December 2007, 18:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
The car is running fantastic.It touches 80 km/h in second gear.
A stock swift could easily hit 90 km/h in 2nd.

I second the idea of finding somebody to swap pipes with. There must be somebody out there with a stock swift who is looking to get himself a nice noisy exhaust.
Old 1st December 2007, 22:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post

I second the idea of finding somebody to swap pipes with. There must be somebody out there with a stock swift who is looking to get himself a nice noisy exhaust.
I would have done that,but i have already got a FFE install,so lets see,I had taken the car to a FFE installer today,The probs are with the pipes,Its of huge diameter he is sayin,The previous owner had tuned it to extreme loudness.Anyways he is saying he can do something.Have an appointment for tommorow.Lets hope for the best.He is gonna change the expansion chamber and increase the something in the Endcan/muffler.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks