Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 10:57   #1
BHPian

Accessories for Chevy Spark

Hello Friends, I will be taking delivery of my Icy Blue Chevy Spark (LS) by end of next week [as soon as I reach India]

I need your inputs/feedback on the Accessories to add. And Yes, I have read the very useful article http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...r-new-car.html and the threads on window flims.

Following is my list with the decreasing order of Priority, kindly comment.

1) PIN type gear lock [GM Genuine accessory]
Costs ~2.5K. This is recommended in Team-bhp, I will go for it with my eyes closed, unless any of you have any other inputs.

2) Stand alone Cental Lock [Not part remote lock kit]
GM does not have a stand alone central lock in it's accessory list. Can I get it for any Accessories shop in Bangalore? If yes, what is the approximate price? [I think with a gear lock fitted, I do not need any other a security accessory like engine immobilizer ]

3) Remote Lock with Engine immobilizer
I will go for it if I do not get a standalone central lock. My dealer [TVS Sundaram] has stocked all models of Autocop along with the basic and advanced one from XENOS. Does GM have this Accessory?. At present I am inclined towards the advanced one from XENOS [~8K]

4) Vibration Sensor + Alarm [Not part of remote lock kit]
Does such a thing exist? If yes, then I will opt for it along with the stand alone central lock.

5) Window films
Dealer has stocked a brand called 'Armour Guard'. The basic one with approx 40% heat rejects cost around 4K and the one with 80 to 90% heat rejects costs upwards of 7k. I think these prices are on the higher side and I need to check out 3M/Garware.

6) Any other must have accessory that I need to add from the GM genuine accessory list? Spark owners please comment? [I am not interested in any cosmetic ones or the reverse parking sensor]

I intend to keep the car for 2 (or at most 3) years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks