Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2005, 18:48   #46
BHPian

Hi, your car looks cool......
Old 4th January 2005, 21:04   #47
Tom
BHPian

the RS looks simply awesome dude. heard lots about you during my last visit to kochi
Old 5th January 2005, 07:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy
hey turbo, i got just one small doubt. i remember you telling us earlier, that your honda city was pushing close to 140 bhp. and i thnk the RS is something like 145.

but the RS weighs more than 1.5 tons while the city is less than a ton, so how come this car is faster? and also, when you "turbo..ed" your city, did you also have to change the pistons or any other internal engine parts?
I couldn't answer that question myself. I can vouch that the RS is definitely very much faster and the torque is tremendous.

Also I did not touch any of the internals in the engine of the City either. The City's engine is good upto around 150bhp I heard.
Old 5th January 2005, 09:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Well, if your TC city can't beat the RS, then it surely isn't producing enuf power or the power produced, isn't reaching the wheels, the way it should.

Poonawala's TC City 1.5 which maynot even have 140 bhp smokes the RS in every performance test. 0-100 in 7.9 secs, 0-150 in 17 secs (that's 2 secs faster than the Accord V6 and 4 secs faster than the RS).

Do get your City checked on a dyno.

Shan2nu
Old 5th January 2005, 11:20   #50
BHPian

Hi

Hi turbo Can you tell me how much OZ 17"costs for you???I am going for RC 7.5 X 17" BBS alloy for my octavia....
Old 5th January 2005, 12:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
hey sideways can u tell us more about ur car,in a new thread ...wat is the hp increase and from where did u get the work done and how much did it cost ...post some pics also if possible..
cheers
Hi Heavy foot,

I will put up the pics as soon as the car is ready. All the installtion, plumbing and electronics are in place. just need to fine tune the car. Had all the work done in madras at kamlesh patel's work shop. The electronics lone cost about 70K. These include a wide band AFR, SAFC-II, EGT, fuel pressure, Boost gauges, MSD ignition controller etc. which are all mandatory and will help with tuning. I will start a new thread with all details.
Old 5th January 2005, 12:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia
Where are you from?? I got mine fixed at Coimbatore and it was a long time back so I dont remember exactly what we did. But if you need you can call Mr Leelakrishnan at his off -+91 4222271692.
He should be able to help,
Thanx for your reply. I am from Madras. I have already spoken with Leela. Also the MSD techsupport sent me a fax so we have sorted it out. Did you go oversize on your injectors or are you running the stock injectors. An idea what the cc/min for the stock injectors on your city are?
Old 5th January 2005, 13:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Well, if your TC city can't beat the RS, then it surely isn't producing enuf power or the power produced, isn't reaching the wheels, the way it should.

Poonawala's TC City 1.5 which maynot even have 140 bhp smokes the RS in every performance test. 0-100 in 7.9 secs, 0-150 in 17 secs (that's 2 secs faster than the Accord V6 and 4 secs faster than the RS).

Do get your City checked on a dyno.

Shan2nu
Would love to get it checked on a dyno but we dont have any i know of here in Cochin.

Actually unless you actually dyno test the car you really wont know what the cars are capable of but the RS definitely feels faster. And mine does have a free flow system with a cold air induction kit and a upgraded turbo intake pipe. the total package claims incresae of around 10 to 15% power but i actually dont know. I can feel the extra push but dont ask me how much. THKS
Old 7th January 2005, 12:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Thanx for your reply. I am from Madras. I have already spoken with Leela. Also the MSD techsupport sent me a fax so we have sorted it out. Did you go oversize on your injectors or are you running the stock injectors. An idea what the cc/min for the stock injectors on your city are?

I run the stock injectors.
Old 7th January 2005, 13:21   #55
Team-BHP Support

Hey TI,

was looking at your Rs pics and couldn't help thinking that it would look way better with some dark tints!

Rt
Old 2nd March 2005, 00:58   #56
BHPian

Hey Turboindia: Do you by any chance own a black modded Honda CRV,KL17 Reg??I've seen this car once in Thrissur and Kochi.It looks a lot like the mods you've done on your RS & City.
Old 2nd March 2005, 12:08   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi
Hey Turboindia: Do you by any chance own a black modded Honda CRV,KL17 Reg??I've seen this car once in Thrissur and Kochi.It looks a lot like the mods you've done on your RS & City.
yah its his brothers
Old 2nd March 2005, 12:26   #58
BHPian

But he sold his turbo city off.. for 8lks....
Old 4th March 2005, 16:19   #59

man itz another one of your beauty....just like the honda city....but how is the exhaust note.Is there any diff...i had seen it in the same place where your honda used to be parked..itz looks really cool...u should have got darker tints...why don't u also fit neon tubes?preferably blue neons...and instead of parking light u can try and fit flikers blue colour..i had flikers in my modded opel astra...u must have seen it in cochin..it will look really cool especially in the nite!!
Old 4th March 2005, 16:23   #60

man even your brothers cr-v looks cool.........i wil try and meet up with you in june.rite now i am in dubai..i will catch up with you in june..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks