Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 18:12   #76
Team-BHP Support

ok wrt plumbing in the pics, they are too crude according to me.

indian cars are safe within 4-5 psi, with moded internals maybe raise the psi to 10 i think, anything above i dont think anybody has a reliable piece running around ??? i might be wrong and just my guess estimate
Old 21st December 2007, 18:22   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
indian cars are safe within 4-5 psi, with moded internals maybe raise the psi to 10 i think, anything above i dont think anybody has a reliable piece running around ??? i might be wrong and just my guess estimate
AMEN! On an Indian car that is. Most tuners are now TCing for single digit psi. I am YET to see a car running 1bar or more reliably for 6 months. And some who claim to have, don't really come out with the true story.
Old 21st December 2007, 18:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
AMEN! On an Indian car that is. Most tuners are now TCing for single digit psi. I am YET to see a car running 1bar or more reliably for 6 months. And some who claim to have, don't really come out with the true story.
Any idea what octane of fuel would be necessary to run the car on 1.5 to 2 bar?
Old 21st December 2007, 18:35   #79
BHPian

Ok...Just put up a poll with the three names you got so far in bombay..

Pick one at the end of it.....OR..

Personally speak / visit all three, get qoutes and pick one that suits you most...I am sure they are all aware of safe boost levels for your car depending upon you're requirements.

P.S. Do some research first!! (don't just settle for comments you read here)

I vote AR motosports.
Old 21st December 2007, 18:43   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Going by the fuel quality in India, I would say 97 Oct would be the safest bet. Even otherwise you can buy octane boosters off the shelf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Any idea what octane of fuel would be necessary to run the car on 1.5 to 2 bar?
Old 21st December 2007, 18:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Swift stock internals can accomodate upto 7 psi. Ive been told that. Please correct me if im wrong.
7 should be safe. Else it's just a question of sourcing the right con-rods, which are available a dime a dozen in Mumbai, or so I'm told.

Please note that boost measurement also varies by upto 3 psi depending on where you connect your boost gauge.
Old 21st December 2007, 19:35   #82
BHPian

A.R Motorsport is the way to Go !!...They know what they are doing have enough practical knowledge,Unlike Some Tuner(S) in Mumbai who just pick up lines off the internet and talk bout Boost. LOL!!
Old 21st December 2007, 20:56   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
would that also depends or a/r size.

since with a larger a/r the turbo will spool slowly and at higher rpms hence having less stress on the engine.

compared to engine with smaller a/r the turbo spools faster and is putting more stress on the engine.

so both engines with similar internals
1.engine spools at 2000 rpm with smaller a/r.

2.engine spools at 4000 rpm with larger a/r.

so engine no (2) will probably last longer than engine (1) since there is more pressure on the engine than no (2) because it spools earlier.

please correct me if i am wrong.
You're right for the most part but higher stresses dont really kill the engine: its incorrect ignition advance and lean mixtures that do.

Depending on what I've seen here, stock engines can be very, very reliable up to 10-12 psi on bone stock internals provided the fueling and ignition is taken care of.
Old 22nd December 2007, 00:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Ok...Just put up a poll with the three names you got so far in bombay..

Pick one at the end of it.....OR..
HuH? wheres the poll bud? cant see it??
Old 22nd December 2007, 02:31   #85
BHPian

hmm i think he was suggesting that someone put up a poll, and wasn't planning on doing it himself...
Old 22nd December 2007, 02:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
HuH? wheres the poll bud? cant see it??
Arre Gogi...I meant to start a poll...cheers:
Old 22nd December 2007, 03:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Seems like AR Motorsports is a popular choice. Are there any pics of their installs on the forum? Other than the one already posted on this thread, that is.
Old 22nd December 2007, 03:11   #88
BHPian

ollie buddy 2 bar of boost as already mentioned sumwhere ealier is 30 pounds of boost,do you know what it would take to derive 30 pounds of boost from an indian d15b motor,even if you did add jdm parts still i highly doubt 2 bar even as a drag setup,i currently know of a worked up 4g63 running 36 pounds of boost,but again thts a 4g63 with forged internal's and a lot of man hours and international tuners,so if you could please back up your statement by showing us a car or may be even a dyno run sheet it would be great,cheers,happy revvin..!
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Arre Gogi...I meant to start a poll...cheers:
ooops my bad ... I thought otherwise. IMHO, although your intentions are for the good of the forum and to make everyone gain knowledge, I think starting a poll will worsen things.
Such a poll would make tuner "A" look bad if he gets out polled by tuner "B" or "C"-"D"-"E". You will agree that everyone has favourites and lots of people have had problems with some or the other tuner. It is another thing that most of such problems often arise out of one's own "over smartness" (dedh-shanagiri) and not due to the reputed tuners fault. Another thing is that with the advent of new and new Google aided self proclaimed are mushrooming up every day, a lot of innocent enthusiasts are being taken in for a royal ride by such guys who do nothing but trial and error on the expense of the innocent customer. Such guys also freely advise their friends to show off that they have ultimate knowledge in turn confusing the poor chhap so much that he ends up getting his car done up in a wrong way.
What im trying to get across is that any poll will end up as side taking and then eventually come down to name taking and mud slinging in a disguised manner (as personal attacks are not tolerated on this forum). MOst poll results will be made by persons who are either good friends of the pollees (is there such a word?) or have heard through friends and will not be fair. Just my two pennies!!
Old 22nd December 2007, 16:21   #90
BHPian

any contact details of ar motorsport?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks