Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 14:36   #1
BHPian

Changes for my Baleno. Pls Advice.

Hello all,
I have a 2005 baleno. so about 2 and half years old.
i am planning to do some mods(mostly interiors) so that it looks new.(after reading the different threads this is what i thought would look good)
what i am planning are:

1) Converting the grey dashboard and door knobs etc to beige.(beige interiors)
2) putting some beige art leather seat covers.
3) i have a 13" oem alloys with a 185/70 gIII tyres on it(run about 12K on this). i would like to put this 13" on my zen and buy new good looking alloys, mostly 14" or 15" with 185/65r14 or 185/60r15.
(I have to see what can i do for the present tyres)
4) putting a fog lamp(that will fit in the space provided)

what i need from you all is which is a reliable shop in bangalore who can do all this. what will be the approximate cost ? (40-50K ??)
i know there are tons in JC Road but would like to hear one or two shops which you recommend

pls advice.

thanks.
Old 11th December 2007, 16:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

If I remember right, kpzen had posted a thread about a Baleno where the interiors had been redone and looked great (in biege or so). Check that out for tips.

Fog lamps should be an easy fit (SGP would be costly, but cheaper varieties should be available in the market).
Old 11th December 2007, 17:32   #3
BHPian

Yes i saw that thread. but i need to know a good place where they do that kind of job.
Old 12th December 2007, 12:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try PM-ing the Blore guys (mclaren1885, v1p3r, memo etc) - they would know.
Old 12th December 2007, 12:51   #5
BHPian

madukar-1.fog lamps, dont go for the locally made ones,its cheap but rainy days can screw it up, cause water seeps in to it.go for hella micro which is a perfect fit[check out my gallery],like supremebaleno mentioned,o.e ones are too expensive.2.seat covers,dont go for the pull over ones which in the long run does go out of shape, go for the tight fit ones[ovion or stanley could help you],which would give a perfect fit.if money permits,go in for genuine leather.3.wheel&tyres-15" alloys would be perfect, but make sure you stick on with 195/55/15,dont go beyond that cause it would affect the ride.
Old 28th December 2007, 11:38   #6
BHPian

hello finally did some modifications for the car !!
did not go the extent i had mentioned in the previous mail. gave up on the alloys(15 or 14") bcos i have to change the tyres which has run only about 8K. also did not go for repainting on the dashboard.

so went for a combination of leather and art-leather for the seats, door pads, steering wheel, gear knob+boot. i went with this guy hemanth(pensee leathers). he gave a good deal about 8K for everything. let me know if anyone wants to change i will dig out his numbers. he has done a very good job.

also went for a fog light. i enquired with many people.. no one had heard of hella micro. there was one lumax which costed about 3K but i had to wait for about 10 days. so got one for 1.5K some OCN make.. seems ok.

will post some later.

thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks