Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 12:05   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Fitting HIDs on Fog, Low and High beams is not such a crime as long as one uses them sensibly. I myself have done this but I never use all three HIDs together and that too in City. I drive around with just Fog lights most of the times. Moreover I have installed Projector Headlights and I can tell you that you can stand in front of my car and just look into the low beams without hurting your eyes. Can you do that on a normal Multi-reflector headlight with 90/100 or 100/130 Halogen bulbs?
if used in the correct way then it is not at all a problem,i am not against doing it but a few who thing they are the only drivers swicth on all three together now that does not make sense.Actualy it is a great idea and as you said if used sensibly then it is not at all a problem
Old 18th December 2007, 15:00   #17
BHPian

projectors should be made mandatory with xenon lights. then it will be one less thing to worry about when being blinded by the folks who use 90/100watt bulbs.

kudos to novice for having a proper HID setup.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

In standard reflector setup, Xenons WILL blind oncoming traffic, no matter what you do. The reason is the filament shape.
The ordinary car reflector is designed for Halogens which is a different light point shape as compared to HIDs where the shape if light is an extended arc.
So if you fit Xenon's in ordinary headlamps, you will blind traffic, whether on low or high, unless they are in fog lamp assembly which is mounted very low.

I have seen 3 vehicles with HID in standard headlights, and even on low beam it was blinding.

In case of halogens(even high powered) if you switch to low beam and keep your lights focused properly you will not blind oncoming traffic, but in case of Xenons in a reflector setup, oncoming traffic will be blinded.
Take a look at this article which explains scientifically about "why do we need projector setup for HID"
Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
Old 18th December 2007, 17:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Actually he HID Xenos are meant for only Low beams but Apna India mein I was offered Xenons on the Fogs as well. I tell you imagine a car with HIDs on the low, high and the fogs. What does that leave, put HIDs on the brake lights as well
I have HIDs on all 3 in my Civic. This is more for the sake of uniformity. I fitted the fogs at a much later date as the yelow of the fogs looked really weird with the white low beam. I usually drive with ONLY the fogs on. I generally dim my lights in the face of oncoming traffic even on highways. The Xenons in the fogs have made a HUGE difference to functionality. I don't think anyone would or even want to drive in a city with all 3 lights on, and if someone does get kicks out of showing off this way, trust me he'll find a gadzillion more ways to annoy you and the whole world in general with a lot more shiny and loud bits than just Xenons! As for the brake lights, well let me find the spare 16K and they'll go in too
Old 29th December 2007, 10:28   #20
BHPian

guys i did fit the xenons finally they are great got 3 years warranty on that as well but one problem
the right side head light after like 10 sec of putting the xenons on the light becomes yellow instead of the white beam left one is proper we did change the bulb as well no difference same bulb on left side lamp gives proper white light can it be a headlight reflector problem or the xenon unit problem please help !!!
Old 29th December 2007, 10:44   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Check the ballasts .
Old 29th December 2007, 11:13   #22
BHPian

ballast meaning the unit that supplies the current to the xenon but what i did was i stated the lights and kept the bulb outside the head light it gave the white light no issues
Old 29th December 2007, 11:16   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
was i stated the lights and kept the bulb outside the head light it gave the white light no issues
Hi,

You got the answer then.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks