Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 07:43   #1
BHPian

Stanley Seat covers - urgent help

Sorry, I am starting this thread - after I did not get any response on this other thread. I really need urgent help for Stanley seat covers. A few weeks back I ordered Stanley ready-to-fit seat covers in a combination of deep red (leather) and grey (PU) for my Wagon R.

My local vendor for Stanley in Siliguri (Wheelcraft) quoted a rate for Rs 13,500/-

Now the company (Stanley) inadvertently sent the covers in all leather (Stanley Classic) instead of PU-leather combination and they are asking me to have a look. As they sent this by their own mistake, they are willing to give me a discount. The dealer is not revealing the price to me though. He initially told me that Stanley Classic costs Rs 25,000/- or whereabouts.

Can someone please tell me how much Stanley Classic (all leather) seat covers should cost in dual-tone colors?

help. I need to visit my vendor today and decide soon.

Last edited by johy : 18th December 2007 at 07:45.
Old 18th December 2007, 08:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

John, try and hunt for the Mirania Kolkata number. Call the Stanley boutique there and get a rough quote.
Old 18th December 2007, 08:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
My local vendor for Stanley in Siliguri (Wheelcraft) quoted a rate for Rs 13,500/- He initially told me that Stanley Classic costs Rs 25,000/- or whereabouts.
i dont think Classic should cost 25k for a small car like Wagon R.i believe it should be between 15K-20K and also depending upon the fact whether you are going for the door trims/gear knob etc etc.

Please read few threads which mentioned the respective prices people paid and it will get u an idea and dont mind to call some other Stanley boutique to know more.

but in all cases try harder to bargain as its their fault and maybe u will get a better deal.
Old 18th December 2007, 08:33   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you tried to bargain with him, saying that you were already stretching your budget, but you will only stretch by another 3k ? May be you could do this after you get more accurate information about the approx cost for your car.
Old 18th December 2007, 09:18   #5
Nan

There is no way that Classic costs 25K. for Wagon-R it must be somewhere around 17K. I got Stanley Nappa for my Verna for around 30K.
Old 18th December 2007, 09:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...The dealer is not revealing the price to me though. He initially told me that Stanley Classic costs Rs 25,000/- or whereabouts.

Can someone please tell me how much Stanley Classic (all leather) seat covers should cost in dual-tone colors?..
Dual tone leather seats are a bit costlier than single-colour seats.
I think around 20-21K should be the right price anyway. When I did my Palio's seats, I'd enquired about the rates for dual-tone classic leather seats. I was quoted 26K for all seats, doors, gearboot and steering. Single colour would have been just above 20K.

I settled for Art. Leather (satin) for under 15K (I don't remember exactly how much now). But I do feel now that I should have stretched it and gone for proper leather, simply because I have now decided my Palio is a keeper (not gonna sell it). At the time I did the seats I expected to sell it in a year and a half. Other than this I'm totally happy with the current setup.

If you will keep the car for another 4 years or so, I'd recommend that you take full advantage of this opportunity and get a big discount on the leather seats.
Old 18th December 2007, 09:30   #7
BHPian

Guys, thanks for the quick posts. I am going to tell them that 13.5 was already overstretched and maybe I could go up 2K at the most. Looks like they don't want to stock it with them. That way I might get a good deal.

@Shuvc - will try calling Stanley Botique in Kolkata - but I think they are a different division, for sofas and the like. And Stanley Automotive is a different division - not sure though. Stanley Botique, Kolkata, did carry an ad a couple of days back in The Telegraph.

@hydra - Yes, I am going to keep this car. Even if I go for another car later, I need a small car for the town and I love my WR.

Also, I always have the option of forgoing this one (which I never ordered) and get the ready-to-fit one.

Thanks!

Last edited by johy : 18th December 2007 at 09:33.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

There is no harm in talking to them at least and having a look at the product. If they are willing to give it to you at the discussed price of Rs. 13.5 then nothing like it. If not then ask them to get what you initially wanted.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:35   #9
BHPian

Just called up Stanley Kolkata

Stanley Classic (all leather) dual-tone MRP 24210/-. And Rs 23380/- for single color.

I went and had a look at the seat covers and was really blown away by the quality and the color. The vendor offered to give it to me for 17200/- so that is Rs 7010/- off! Boy ain't I a happy man.

The front is all red (a deep shade of red) - perforated, and the back and headrests are steel (light) grey. I have decided to take it. Pictures coming up soon.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I have decided to take it. Pictures coming up soon.
Very good decision, you lucky sod! That's some deal! Congrats! Waiting for the pics
Old 18th December 2007, 11:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Very good decision, you lucky sod! That's some deal! Congrats! Waiting for the pics
He he he. Santa comes early for me this time

The reason I got a good discount is thanks to Maruti actually. Mine is the older WagonR, with two foldable seats at the back. The new Wagon R has a single seat at the back - so the only way the company could sell this to another person, with an older Red Wagon R, with little loud taste for colors.

Cheers!
Old 23rd December 2007, 18:29   #12
BHPian

Pictures

Posting pictures of my new seat Covers. Yes, red and grey and loud - but then that is me.

Oops! Hope the pictures are not too big.
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stanley Classic (all leather) dual-tone MRP 24210/-. And Rs 23380/- for single color.
Hey Stanley Classic Butterscotch for my SX4 cost me Rs.23,000 from a dealer. Stanley boutique quoted me Rs.25,400 for the same.

Quote:
I got Stanley Nappa for my Verna for around 30K.
Are you sure? Stanley Classic for my SX4 cost me Rs.23,000 just for the seats. Nappa should be much more expensive then that. Stanley quoted me Rs.41,000 for seats+door panels for Stanley Classic butterscotch.
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:07   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Heyy nice seat covers. Very different in design indeed.

OT, did you get a Ground Zero sub? How does it sound?
Old 23rd December 2007, 20:52   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
OT, did you get a Ground Zero sub? How does it sound?
Thanks there. Ground Zero was a big surprise. The sub itself is light and the sound is very tight, very nice. I can hear the bass guitar chords going in the background very distinctly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks