Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 22:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Parag,

was just browsing through this thread and was too caught up about the idea of someone hacking off a zen top to notice who it was that posted this thread. Then someone mentioned paragbm in the post below and I did a double take. Why don't you just hack the top off and convert it into an autorickshaw instead?
That poor old Zen is a good vehicle, I still remember the Rajasthan trip....also having borrowed her on my Pune visits...so please let her be.

BTW, in case you need advice about hacking off the tops of cars, I guess apadhye has some experience doing this, if I recall correctly, right?
Sid,
You said it. He wants to make it into a convertible so that "dhakkan"s like you don't borrow it again.

And my way of chopping off the top of a car is not everyone's cake.

Back on topic -
I think maintaining rigidity and structure will be the first and foremost challenge.

Guys,
Parag does not want to go to DC because DC will be very expensive and what's the fun if the job is outsourced completely?
Old 19th December 2007, 23:13   #17

Well looks like not many people seem excited with this proposal. I still think that it wont look very bad. and yes the foremost concern is the chopping the roof which will is huge impact on the stability, rigidity of structure. Somebody in the thread mentioned about strengthening beams. are there any pictures that I can see. Other than I have been trying to get the picture of a Zen on a drawing board. so can experiment with it. But I have no idea how to go about it. one way possible is to take a picture enlarge and then draw a tracing from that. but other than that nothing really bright comes to mind. Any ideas ?

Furthermore , I dont want DC primary reason cost and secondly I am not totally sold on DC designs. they look so over done all the time.

BTW, Sidkun, you can roam around in rickshaws next time you visit pune. they are more reliable than the MP3 player you drive around.
Old 20th December 2007, 11:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragbm View Post
BTW, Sidkun, you can roam around in rickshaws next time you visit pune. they are more reliable than the MP3 player you drive around.
The MP3 player is back in Pune. Unfortunately,someone stole the actual MP3 HU out of it, so it's lost its soul, kind of :( ...... And btw, how has Phads not discovered this site yet to give his invaluable opinions?

Parag and Apadhye, Will talk to you when I'm in Pune, which should be sometime over the Christmas weekend. (Hya vishayawar aplyashi ekda "charcha" karaychi ahe.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks