Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 14:45   #1

Zen to a convertible...outrageous is it !!

Hello ,

I have a Maruti Zen from April 2001 and it has done just abive 1 lakh kilometers. I have this overwhelming urge to convert my zen to a retractable soft top convertible. But I have no idea of what would this custom job can cost or can it be done in the first place.

Also what king of changes would be needed .. I am specially concerned stability factor?

Any ideas..

Thanks
-Parag
Old 18th December 2007, 15:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why on earth do you want to chop up a good looking car and make it ugly. Rather add some good air filter, free flow etc and make it fast.
Old 18th December 2007, 15:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Buy a bike

Buy that Black Dog car by DC.
Old 18th December 2007, 16:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sell the car !! I am sure you will still find buyers for it.. And then buy a San storm
Old 18th December 2007, 16:20   #5
BHPian

Please don't do murder.
I'll buy you an ESTILO for that!

Old 18th December 2007, 16:39   #6
BHPian

Please refrain from doing it unless you want you car to look like the below and find a mention in the same thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...tml#post629950
Old 18th December 2007, 22:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you have the required deep pockets, take it to DC..he's the best. Make sure you design the car and tell him how to execute it.
Old 18th December 2007, 22:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

ohh no no no...!!! not another weird and whacky job done to a good car (
Old 18th December 2007, 22:17   #9
BHPian

paragbm, go ahead man.... that has best engine and go webasto solutions. they will give you good options.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

No offence to anyone but in my opinion as far as DC is concerned hez plain over hyped and his exterior styling of most cars is absolutely gaudy.Coming back to the topic as speedmiester pointed out make it fast rather than destroying a car. vbmenu_register("postmenu_661572", true);
Old 19th December 2007, 14:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

With a zen @ your service ,i think you should try out to enhance its speed and dynamics rather than a conevrtible. Go for FFE even Turbo later on and make sure that old is always gold.

Well! again, its your baby and your choice but it will be a tame end to one of the best cars plying.
Old 19th December 2007, 14:48   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragbm View Post
Hello ,

I have a Maruti Zen from April 2001 and it has done just abive 1 lakh kilometers. I have this overwhelming urge to convert my zen to a retractable soft top convertible. But I have no idea of what would this custom job can cost or can it be done in the first place.

Also what king of changes would be needed .. I am specially concerned stability factor?

Any ideas..

Thanks
-Parag

Parag,

was just browsing through this thread and was too caught up about the idea of someone hacking off a zen top to notice who it was that posted this thread. Then someone mentioned paragbm in the post below and I did a double take. Why don't you just hack the top off and convert it into an autorickshaw instead?
That poor old Zen is a good vehicle, I still remember the Rajasthan trip....also having borrowed her on my Pune visits...so please let her be.

BTW, in case you need advice about hacking off the tops of cars, I guess apadhye has some experience doing this, if I recall correctly, right?
Old 19th December 2007, 14:53   #13
BHPian

Other than the fact that a poor mod job will kill the looks of you car, there is a very serious problem.
The roof is part of the structure of the car. So if you cut it off without adding proper strengthening beams, the car will fold on you when you go over the first speed breaker.
It’s a bit like demolishing the pillars in a building and expecting the roof to hold up.
Old 19th December 2007, 15:11   #14
BHPian

I don't think it will look that bad, if the work is done in a proper way and styling kept in mind.

However what you will need is Water proofing treatment done on the plastics so that they don't damage.

Water Proof and durable Seat Covers.

Security Solutions, like Mobile Tracker and Auto Cop, So no one rides into the night with your car.

Plugging any percieveable Gap in the Dash,Meter Assembly etc etc.
Old 19th December 2007, 16:27   #15
BHPian

Pls. keep the lady in her clothes what r u tryin to do molest her i have a 10 year old zen just kept her poperly added ffe and now it make other cars look small infront of her. dude add some performance mod and see other cars gettin licked.

Most Viewed