Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2005, 12:58   #16
BHPian

No .. i never let my wheels spin in 1st gear ... I just use the first gear to get into momentum and drag in 2nd and 3 rd gear till the RPM levels are High ... I knew that my car could go still furhter .. there were three guys weighing around 200 Kilos with luggage of another 60 kilos and Both Fuel Tanks ( Petrol and LPG) almost to the brim .... so i didnt want to strain the car ... if i get a chance to be on Expressway with little weight only maybe i could do 190 KMPH ...
Old 2nd January 2005, 13:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
.. there were three guys weighing around 200 Kilos with luggage of another 60 kilos
lol am sure they got to the station in time ...

u can touch a gud speed man .. run on low petrol ..no passengers make a lotta difference for sure ...

wot i meant was ...generally whn u shift from 1st to 2nd on a roll do u get wheelspins ? ..
Old 2nd January 2005, 13:28   #18
BHPian

hey Turbo ....
Why dont you NOS your car .... i am sure that will give you the Kick you looking for in the car ...
make sure you have good tyres , and your brakes are good and suspension is fit enough ...
Old 2nd January 2005, 13:38   #19
BHPian

Hi,

I used to own a 1.4 GL which I just sold, I had changed the exhaust, added a piper cross cone filter, new spark plugs, had a kit on it and maxxed it at 189/190 on the Speedo (14" Wheels) (& no I’m not speaking from my backside about this ) and had almost paid up to change the cams but then chickened out.

Satyam.
Old 2nd January 2005, 13:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Admin : Post deleted and warning level increased by 1 point. I have advised you against slang before. Do make sure that you refrain from posting in a manner which is an eyesore for everyone else
Old 3rd January 2005, 07:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

hey satyam
thnx fr the info ...190 is catching some gud speed ...
am will check up on the EProm harvan suggested from dat of the Astra ..
can i get it at an Opel workshop ? am not too clear on how it works ..
whr did u get the induction kit from ? which make ? wot was the mileage on ur car whn u installed it ? can u tell me the level of increase in fuel consumption? the spark plugs u got were jus standard opels ?
harvan
i was told by some1 ..dat i shd replace the 1.4 gearbox wid dat of the 1.6 corsa....am still not clear on the EProm thing man ..

later
Old 3rd January 2005, 08:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
hey satyam
thnx fr the info ...190 is catching some gud speed ...
am will check up on the EProm harvan suggested from dat of the Astra ..
can i get it at an Opel workshop ? am not too clear on how it works ..
whr did u get the induction kit from ? which make ? wot was the mileage on ur car whn u installed it ? can u tell me the level of increase in fuel consumption? the spark plugs u got were jus standard opels ?
harvan
i was told by some1 ..dat i shd replace the 1.4 gearbox wid dat of the 1.6 corsa....am still not clear on the EProm thing man ..

later
You dont use a 1.6 on a 1.4 you use a 1.4 gear box on a 1.6 as the ratio's of the same are different.
Old 5th January 2005, 10:44   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

hey SBFX
what kit did you have on your car
Old 16th January 2005, 13:39   #24
BHPian

hi guys ...
I am planning to mod my opel corsa next month ...
I am planning to have an Free Flow exhaust, K&N Air Filter , Strut Guards , Change the Spark plugs, and put an 1.6 Astra ECU ..
I would like to know if anyone can suggest Where i can get suitable BrakePads (Competetion, Preferable) and what kind of Springs/Dampers can i use to replace the stock Ones ...
and what else can i do to increase the Power of the car without Turbo or NOS
Old 16th January 2005, 14:47   #25
BHPian

My suggestion is not to mod the car casue the amount you will spend on that you wont get that much power out of it. The car is heavy and the engine is sensitive.

I would not recommend.

I have tried on my corsa and did not get that much out of it. Rather do on a Suzuki or a Honda

Z Klasse
Old 18th January 2005, 09:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
and the engine is sensitive.
Z Klasse
Sensitive w.r.t what? fuel? I see a small patch of carbon deposit at the exhaust tip. Is this due to bad fuel? I regularly use the BPCL owned pump though.
Also to all the corsa owners, typically what fuel u guys use? 87 + system G or 91 or 93?
Old 18th January 2005, 10:06   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Sensitive w.r.t what? fuel? I see a small patch of carbon deposit at the exhaust tip. Is this due to bad fuel? I regularly use the BPCL owned pump though.
Also to all the corsa owners, typically what fuel u guys use? 87 + system G or 91 or 93?
Either you do too much idling or your fuel is too rich - take it for a long run. If the pipe does not turn brown then it is the latter
Old 18th January 2005, 13:23   #28
BHPian

The System G is required for Opel. Do not go in for a carbon clean unless the company says so as the Astra engines have given a problem. Fuel wise it is sensitive. Use Speed 93 as it is really good. I have been using it for the last 3000 kms and car is running smoother and giving a better average. You dont need system G if you use Speed 93. I suggest use 93 and see if there is a difference. Use atleast 2 full tanks to get a positive result..

Z Klasse
Old 26th January 2005, 11:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
S
i was told not to use premium or speed ..jus regular 87 wid system G ..
Old 26th January 2005, 11:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Check the link below. that car looks pretty good.

Moded Astra with gullwing doors.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks