Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2005, 04:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

aawessome machine!!!..

if these r gull wing doors thn wot r scissor stlye doors?
cheers
Old 27th January 2005, 11:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here's a link that tells u the difference between your scissor/butterfly/gullwing doors etc...

http://www.importprecision.com/faq_v...r_tutorial.htm

Incidentally, i have a scissor door kit (Also called the Vertical Door Lift System) for the indian lancer.

Last edited by autopsyche : 27th January 2005 at 11:15.
Old 28th January 2005, 07:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
hi guys ...
I am planning to mod my opel corsa next month ...
I am planning to have an Free Flow exhaust, K&N Air Filter , Strut Guards , Change the Spark plugs, and put an 1.6 Astra ECU ..
I would like to know if anyone can suggest Where i can get suitable BrakePads (Competetion, Preferable) and what kind of Springs/Dampers can i use to replace the stock Ones ...
and what else can i do to increase the Power of the car without Turbo or NOS
hey lee t me know how your she responds to the replacement filter,fere flow and the ecu ...will dat help expand the power band .. bring it down to like 2500 rpm ?

take it easy

Last edited by turbo_lover : 28th January 2005 at 07:14.
Old 10th August 2005, 15:04   #34

hey guys,

any news about haryans corsa? Has he modded it yet?
I just put in a K&N filter into mine, but i was wondering for it
to take full effect do i need to reset the ECU? does that make any difference? Also with the AC on the pulls gone down guys... any suggestions?
Old 10th August 2005, 16:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdemon
hey guys,

any news about haryans corsa? Has he modded it yet?
I just put in a K&N filter into mine, but i was wondering for it
to take full effect do i need to reset the ECU? does that make any difference? Also with the AC on the pulls gone down guys... any suggestions?
No man .... I did not do any mods to my car as i decided to buy another car .... Since i bought an Astra i didnt do any thing to Corsa ...
Old 4th September 2005, 07:01   #36
BANNED

this haryan dude is kidding me man....corsa running on lpg so fast???what are u saying dude...hahaha if my power remains the same i really dont mind going for lpg dude...as i can drive around and show off my car a bit more...hehehe
Old 4th September 2005, 13:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
this haryan dude is kidding me man....corsa running on lpg so fast???what are u saying dude...hahaha if my power remains the same i really dont mind going for lpg dude...as i can drive around and show off my car a bit more...hehehe
i am not Kidding Dude ...
My car is fitted with an ECU for the gas kit .. that ECU is tapped into the Car ECU 's TPS ... and it has a stepper Motor which delivers Gas into the Manifold depending on the throttle Pressure .. and that Makes the car go real fast on LPG ... deppending on your settings and throttle input
Old 4th September 2005, 16:48   #38
BANNED

but how do you find lpg...i mean any differences in a/c ...clutch...acceleration...car reliability...and what's fe like...
Old 5th September 2005, 22:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
but how do you find lpg...i mean any differences in a/c ...clutch...acceleration...car reliability...and what's fe like...
i do not find absolutely no difference in my car ... My corsa has already Ran 30000 kms in 2 years on LPG ... I didnt have any Repairs arising due to the usage of LPG ...
FE depends on your LPG kit settings
Old 9th September 2005, 15:00   #40
BHPian

Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question... How's the GC of Corsa/sail? The dealer claims 190mm, fully loaded does it scrape the underbody on bad roads and speed breakers?
Old 9th September 2005, 16:27   #41

Hey,
I have one of the first few corsa sails. Shes now 2 years old and shes running great! The ride, cushioning and just the way the car completely isolates u is beautiful.
The GC though isnt so good. She does scrape at almost all the speedbreakers. I dont know whether this fault has been rectified, u should check this out. Though i must mention, mine has scrapped about a 1000 times and no problem so far :P
Otherwise apart from the slight sluggishness at low revs I wuold completely recommend the car! I love it!
Old 9th September 2005, 16:50   #42
BANNED

yeah man the car is just too awesome....and trust me nothing happens ever when this car touches the ground or breakers....you got to be pretty slow at high speed breakers..but there wont be much of a problem as the body is too hard...
yeah sluggishness at low revz is the only screw up...getting a stock filter...might help...
till 3000 rpm its simple cool lovely car...but then you get to feeel the power and catches speed like crazy...
Old 10th September 2005, 08:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

the underbody scraping the brakers has a lot to do with the soft suspension setup in the corsa .. it does have a tendency to scrape the underbody when fully loaded ....however slowly apparoching the bump reduces any chance of underbody contact with the tarmac ...
Old 10th September 2005, 09:09   #44
BANNED

can you guys please tell me what to install to get a better fe...
apart from k&n stock replacement filter...(corsa sail 1.4)
Old 17th November 2005, 16:35   #45
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
one more mod that i am planning to do is to change the EProm of my 1.4 corsa and fit an EProm of 1.6Astra ... Recently i met an engineer from GM who was in Hyd . he saw and drove my car on LPG and was very enthusiastic and told me to the change the EProm of the car to that of Astra ... He was saying that Topend of the car will increase by about 10% ...
Haryan, can you publish the make and model number of your LPG kit on this thread? Is it the "permanent" cylinder type? How much did it cost you? Would you recommend it to other Corsa owners? I have a 1.4 SAIL.

Thanks,
sAP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks