Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2005, 14:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

corsa 1.4 gsi..suggestions advice

hey ..

i own a '04 corsa 1.4 ...

i have never fixed an indian car in mi life (opel is german yea but its detuned aswell ).. i have access to aftermarket parts in canada which is whr i study .. i really need more ...its like driving an elephant..i wish to start working on it this summer ?

wot will i need to gain atleast 30 horses and more mid range torque ? i have some basic idea bout modding ,..so i really dunno a cold air intake to start wid ??? .. ECU upgrade will work ??? its the cheapest ...but i have no idea how much power it'll gain ..has ne1 modded a corsa ?

and wot do u guys exactly mean by high flow ? are they wot we call mufflers ? or stuff like magna flow /cat back exhaust systems ?

plz advice

Last edited by turbo_lover : 1st January 2005 at 14:17. Reason: grammar errors
Old 1st January 2005, 14:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

My dad drives an '04 1.4 Gsi too.

Corsas are not the ideal cars for modifying, mate. They're not about power like the Ikon, but about good ride-quality and a smooth journey. I've never heard of a tuned Corsa, but maybe you can do sumthin new and be the first guy to mod a corsa!
Old 1st January 2005, 14:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
My dad drives an '04 1.4 Gsi too.

Corsas are not the ideal cars for modifying, mate. They're not about power like the Ikon, but about good ride-quality and a smooth journey. I've never heard of a tuned Corsa, but maybe you can do sumthin new and be the first guy to mod a corsa!
corsas are very popular in europe as tuner cars ..ecotec 1.4 n 1.6 are pretty responsive to mods aswell... they come wid a gud strong motor to work on .. i need some1 whose experienced to tell me how to go bout it ..
Old 1st January 2005, 18:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

There was one post on this site where some1 from the South has modded his corsa 1.4
He had fitted a LPG kit and done some ecu changes and some other upgrades . He had claimed that even with LPG , he was able to smoke 1.5 old city at least in the 0-100 . Later the CIty took over.

Can any1 find that post please ?
Old 1st January 2005, 19:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey turbo,
u cud get a performance chip for ur 1.4,
a k&n intake,
and a free flow exhaust with headers.
then u can do a lot of things ,but these are enough to satrt with and without tampering a lot with the engine.
since u r based outside india ,u will definitely have better access to Corsa modded ECU's.

cheers
Old 1st January 2005, 22:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

i agree with SS ...
some mods u could look into later are a TC, ported head ...
but only once the engine warranty is over as if not done properly ure engines gone ....
look up professional places for those and get a good set of alloys and tyres too and a good cam to post good pics
Old 2nd January 2005, 00:51   #7
BHPian

Hey.. Opel engines are very sensitive. I own a Corsa 1.6. I have a free flow system. it responds well to the free flow. Depends on what design it has. Otherwise very sensitive engine. The engine is scary to even have a carbon clean done on. I've seen cars getting ruined after getting carbon cleaning done on it. Best is to just leave as is. The car is not meant for high performance in street purposes. Its safety and smoothness. Reliability yes since its german. i agree its heavy and feels sluggish but the car is not for racing purpose though front looks alot like the nascar eh.. especially the lights.. hehe.. if anyone has done up a corsa i'd like to knwo about it. Best mod you can do is add a free flow exhaust and a air intake such as K&n but make sure you get the air reaching the filter as there is a smaller pipe which connects to the oem filter box which gets the air from the front grill next to to monogram. If you just add the filter without getting the air to reach it the car will not pick up and will sound loud but its dyeign for air. I've experienced it and have made a pipe coming from below the bumper and from the grill using the oem pipe to get the air to the filter. It works but the original filter box is good. if you can get a panel filter to replace it its good. Free flow and this should work. I was thinking of adding a 1.4 gear box to the 1.6 corsa but never really went ahead with it.
Try something.. but be carefull..

Z klasse
Old 2nd January 2005, 01:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

yea bro , i saw dat post he claimed he did a 175 but never mentioned wether it was a 1.4 or a 1.6 ...i asked him bout it ...he hasnt replied yet ...
am thinkin of an AEM Intake coz i had a da same types earlier in the integra and i have to look for a gud ECU maybe skunk2 racing ...i was wondering how much do u guys pay for an intake and an ECU ??
aem intakes here cost roughly around 36 CAN dollars plus taxes which is 1800 rupees .. performance mufflers around 45 cad ...2300 rupees .. i need to check on the retail on the ECU 's ...shdnt be more dan 30 CAD either ..

anyone heard of the piggy backs ? theyr hooked externally to da ECU and are considered safer as they send variable info to ECU bout air temp inflow n all dat ...i jus heard bout it a few days back .. jus have some vague idea of how it works ..sound pretty experimental..

thnx z klasse .. so ur saying i shd rather use an induction kit rather dan jus replacing he filter box ? dat way the filter will sit rite behind the front grill .. whr do u guys get ur parts from ? import ? mi hoods in delhi ..wud u kno the exact filter tube diameter ? how is a 1.4 gearbox better dan the 1.6 ?
corsa's really depend on ppls tastes ..some find em ugly eh ..i love it .. i got a choice between esteem , ikon 1.3 and the corsa gsi .. i havent regretted buying it .. amazing ride.. plush interiors ..(plus i gotta 90k corporate discount on it ..came wid a blaupunkt system am not too big on sound .. nothing dhik chik .. heavy metal works for me .. corsa s look lovely in black wot color do u have ?

hit me back
cheers
Old 2nd January 2005, 01:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
i agree with SS ...
a good cam to post good pics
hehe will do ..
mi crazy car freak buddy wid da nice cam is in delhi for the winters ..
i jus formatted mi laptop i had wicked shots of mi old car and porsches and vipers ..neways i'll try shooting aorund wid my 7250 nokia .. but winters in the snow they dont have too many modded cars rolling out .. nxt time i'll put up an yellow M3 .. some nice tiburons and Acuras ..

cheers
Old 2nd January 2005, 12:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
There was one post on this site where some1 from the South has modded his corsa 1.4
He had fitted a LPG kit and done some ecu changes and some other upgrades . He had claimed that even with LPG , he was able to smoke 1.5 old city at least in the 0-100 . Later the CIty took over.

Can any1 find that post please ?
yeah dude .. thats me ...
I had an LPG kit fitted on with an ECM .. which is intune with the car's ECM ..
No Modifications done to the engine at all .... the car on LPG has very quick initial due to the combustion properties of LPG....... other only Upgrade was wheel Rims .. I have Fitted on Opel Astra 14" size with Michelin MXF Sport ...

quoting TurboLover
Quote:
yea bro , i saw dat post he claimed he did a 175 but never mentioned wether it was a 1.4 or a 1.6 ...i asked him bout it ...he hasnt replied yet ...
I have really done 175 ... Its on my camera also .... If somebody can tell me how to load it onto the site from My LG 8110 Videocam Phone i will be grateful to him ....

quoting Z classe
Quote:
I own a Corsa 1.6. I have a free flow system. it responds well to the free flow. Depends on what design it has.
did you buy a readymade Freeflow exhaust or did you have it made ...
Where did you have the O2 sensor placed .. what about the CATCON ... and does the exhaust scrape the ground ...
Old 2nd January 2005, 12:43   #11
BHPian

okay guys .. here is the proof that i have done 175 Kmph .... the picture is showing 170 kmph .. as my tyre and Rim size are higher than the stock ones , my speedo actually underreads ... so when the meter shows 170 its actually more around 174 Kmph

Old 2nd January 2005, 12:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey harvan

i very much believe u have done a 175 k's man ..
wots an ECM ?? u mean ECU the chip ? am used to different terms sorry ..
how will mi car respond to an air intake kit ? am planning to bring an ECU upgrade and an air intake kit for my corsa ..how much horsepower gain u think will dat gimme ? the acceleration will shoot wid an ECU upgrade for sure .. hopefully it'll bring down the power band to somewhr around 2400 rpm and keep it flat frm thr on .. ECU 's i kno r the cheapest way to increase hp ..
intake will add bout 8 bhp hopefully .

wot do u say ?
cheers
Old 2nd January 2005, 12:48   #13
BHPian

one more mod that i am planning to do is to change the EProm of my 1.4 corsa and fit an EProm of 1.6Astra ... Recently i met an engineer from GM who was in Hyd . he saw and drove my car on LPG and was very enthusiastic and told me to the change the EProm of the car to that of Astra ... He was saying that Topend of the car will increase by about 10% ...
Old 2nd January 2005, 12:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
hey harvan

i very much believe u have done a 175 k's man ..
wots an ECM ?? u mean ECU the chip ? am used to different terms sorry ..
ECM and ECU are one and the same ... just a different term thats all ....

I think Free flow Exhaust and an Competetion Air Filter (K&N) with an High rating Octane fuel will give you a Straight 4 BHP advantage ....
The mods you are suggesting might definitely give an advantage but you also try that EProm change that i was talking about ....

Last edited by haryan : 2nd January 2005 at 12:54.
Old 2nd January 2005, 12:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
okay guys .. here is the proof that i have done 175 Kmph .... the picture is showing 170 kmph .. as my tyre and Rim size are higher than the stock ones , my speedo actually underreads ... so when the meter shows 170 its actually more around 174 Kmph

it will do more am so certain bout it ... shift late ..ur tach shows almost 5000 rpm bro ... like i said earlier, i knew i had decent juice left in mi car ...leat the speed climb slowly u;ll beat ur best on corsa ...shift as late as possible to 5th get the most outta 3rd .... tell me do u get frequent wheelspins shifting from 1st to 2nd while dragging ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks