Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 02:19   #1

Modding Swift Vxi

hey this is my first post here and i have done some reading on this forum and am eventually modding my swift (colour - Dark Grey).

As of now my swift is more or less stock and have only added black stanley seats.

the following is what i plan on having done-

- 15" Lenso Samurai Alloys / Lenso NX Series Alloys
- Yokohama/Michelin tyres - ( need suggestions on which ones to put/size)
- Black Angel eye Taillights and Headlights
- JVC touch screen panal

after installing the above i have a budget of about 20-25k tops and need suggestions on what i should install for better performance and a bit of speed.

- read many people saying that the Green cotton dynamization kit is good, but dont know where i can get it in bombay.

- Freeflow? which one?
-anything else?
Old 21st December 2007, 11:27   #2

Hey Arjun,

i guess a k&n filter and a free flow exhaust should give you some power, and if u still have some Gees left u can get a spark plug change .
Old 21st December 2007, 11:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

dont change your plugs they make no difference.

the angel eyes headlamps taillamps can be bought for 17k for front and back.

you can get green cotton filters from viper. i think the green wind cai is for the swift.

apart from these get a good free flow exhaust.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

which free flow would you people prefer.magnaflow,remus.led lamps at the rear dint seem that good.should the whole exhaust be changed or the end cans.i am planning for a similar mods.
ram
Old 21st December 2007, 12:29   #5
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A r j u n View Post
As of now my swift is more or less stock
More or Less Stock ???

For the remaining money i think you can get a K&N Filter and Custom headers and free flow exhaust. Performance gain can be noticed as compared to stock.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:32   #6
BHPian

Go for Green cotton Wind,it is really good.We tested both Green and K&N but green has better performance,no doubt.Automech FFE is good.Remus and mangna flow doest have FFE,they have only Mufflers.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
which free flow would you people prefer.magnaflow,remus.led lamps at the rear dint seem that good.should the whole exhaust be changed or the end cans.i am planning for a similar mods.
ram
do magnaflow and remus make car specific exhaust because i was going through their site and didnt see suzuki on their list.
or are the custom made.

ok i guess my question is answered above in jerish post.^^^^

Last edited by pawan : 21st December 2007 at 12:36.
Old 21st December 2007, 13:36   #8

thanks for the input guys .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
dont change your plugs they make no difference.

the angel eyes headlamps taillamps can be bought for 17k for front and back.

you can get green cotton filters from viper. i think the green wind cai is for the swift.

apart from these get a good free flow exhaust.
im getting the angeleyes headlamps and taillamps for 12k (LED)

Which Green Filter is better Green wind or dynamization kit ? pretty clueless here .

which freeflow should i go for? remus?

and another thing .... should i go for 195/205 size tyres cuz there is a difference of 1.5k between the 2 per tyre.

the following are the prices of the mods i plan on installing . could someone let me know if the rates are reasonable.

-Lenso Samurai Alloys 18k(set 4) / Lenso NX Series 17k(set 4)

- Yokohama 4.2k (205) / Goodyear 2.8k(195) - per tyre

- Angel eye headlamps + taillamps 12k

-JVC Panel 23-24k

-----------------------------------------
recommended by members here - Confirmed additions -

Green cotton Wind/ Dynamization kit - any idea on the Price?

which freeflow? remus? - Price?

- as i said earlier i have a budget of 20-25k tops for the above and i doubt the above will cost me that much so any other suggestions?

-Cheers!
Old 21st December 2007, 16:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Do whatever pleases you but try to refrain from changing any stock engine internals unless absolutely necessary.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey this is my first post here and i have done some reading on this forum and am eventually modding my swift (colour - Dark Grey).
As of now my swift is more or less stock and have only added black stanley seats.
Welcome to the forum Arjun and also to the Swift lovers part of the forum.
Stanleys are nice

Quote:
the following is what i plan on having done-

- 15" Lenso Samurai Alloys / Lenso NX Series Alloys
- Yokohama/Michelin tyres - ( need suggestions on which ones to put/size)
- Black Angel eye Taillights and Headlights
- JVC touch screen panal
Rim upsize to 15'' is most practical.
For tyres go fo rthe 205/55/15 size. This is most practical, keeping in view the ride comfort as well as handling capabilities. You will immediately notice the difference once this is done. I would not advise going lower on the tyre profile due to the tendencies if ride comfort, tyre and rim damage occurances due to out highly volatile roads.

Quote:
after installing the above i have a budget of about 20-25k tops and need suggestions on what i should install for better performance and a bit of speed.
Now you're talking
There are two options. Either you can go for the under the hood mods or the exterior mods for the same price. I would recommend a under the hood job.
Well 20-25K can get you the following;
A port polish job with a mild head shave,
a FFE system complete with headers and and end can which may get as noisy or silent (there are limits to how silent one can get, though there are no limits for the opposite)
and depending on your bargaining capabilities, also a filter.
Here, your 25K has seen its end

Quote:
- read many people saying that the Green cotton dynamization kit is good, but dont know where i can get it in bombay.
You can get the Green or Ractive filters from Viper. I feel that any filter will perform more o fless the same whether its a K&N, Green, Ractive, Piper Cross, etc etc. so better to get a VFM brand. I have a Ractive though a Green would be as good.

Quote:
- Freeflow? which one?
There are a few professionals who do a good Job. You may again contact either Viper or Automech for a FFE job

Quote:
-anything else?
Lots of other stuff you can do but.... after you have exhausted your 25K on the above
You may then go for a Highlift cam (stick to between 254 (mild IMHO) to 285 profiles and do not go wilder than that). Then the next logical step would be a Standalone or a Piggyback ECU
Time for a brake upgrade!!
All that without a clutch upgrade? (stageI-III)
Time for a Suspension upgrade.
After you are bored with ll that perhaps a Turbo job
Most important take your decision yourself. Do not let others tell you to get a particular job done or not to be done from a specific person. Dig, ask questions and then follow what you feel is the right path. Its your money after all. Dont waste it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
ram
The above only provide endcans or catbacks and not the headers and the full FFE. They are also very expensive and in most cases more expensive than what a customised, full, FFE would cost, so does it actually make sense to get just these things? Debatable but in my bok no way. Get a good, localized, custom FFE made for the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Do whatever pleases you but try to refrain from changing any stock engine internals unless absolutely necessary.
I agree. But internals may be changed only when plonking in a turbo and that too on need to do basis, if you are going to be going more than 7 psi.

Do visit this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ods+just+begun

Amongst other to get an idea of the swift specific mods. Speak to a few tuners on the forum and ask their opinion and then decide whom to get the job done from.
Last but not the least, try to maintain a stock look on the outside if you do not want to attract attention (or otherwise if you do). Please dont even think of under body neons.... i hate them but then again its your money and your car.
Enjoy your Swift.
Old 21st December 2007, 20:21   #11

^^ thanks for the input buddy . Appreciated .

im gonna contact viper and automech and find out about the FFE job and the green cotton filter .

Old 22nd December 2007, 10:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Arjun no comparison between the S-Drive vs Goodyear (from what Iv read, yet to experience it myself.)

12k for HL/TL - Thats a steal!!
Old 23rd December 2007, 03:01   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Arjun no comparison between the S-Drive vs Goodyear (from what Iv read, yet to experience it myself.)

12k for HL/TL - Thats a steal!!
^^ yeah i no 12k is a steal im not even going to think twice before buying them
Old 26th December 2007, 20:56   #14
BHPian

Modification of Swift

I have questions reagrding the modifications of my Swift. I did not wanted to start a new thread on these mods.
This is regarding the low end torque which really lacks in Swift's. I have some things to share.....

1. Is it really needed to re-map the ECU settings?
OR
2. Change the gear ratios to overcome these issues?

Though I do not have plans to go for headers, nor the spark plugs, Might change the end can, I do not really think that might matter a lot of difference in low end. Also planned to take step by step.

Guys, pls do suggest me your views.

Cheers,
Raps
Old 27th December 2007, 00:58   #15
BHPian

hey v-16 its good that you've already guided him in the right direction,my only doubt was when you mentioned you could look at a turbo job after shaving the head and using a high lift cam,shaving the head would normally increase the compression which incase of a turbo setup is not recommended as far as the cam goes the grind on the lobes is done to achieve power from a NA engine,a turbo cam would have a different grind,just my 2 cents would appreciate your input's,cheers,happy revvin..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks