Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:57   #1

New Baleno LXi-Extra Fittings

I am all set to purchase a new Baleno Lxi-Black @ 6.16 Lakhs in Bangalore.I have heard about the wheel change and some other fittings that perhaps would make this car feel and look amazing. I have been suggested 175/185 wheel changes(non mag since right now I dont want to spend too much) and a teflon Coating...( music system is OK). Please suggest are there any more things that I can go for, and not go overboard on the budget. Also some idea on the pricing for wheels( replacement at showroom itself) anc coating will be real help ??
Old 3rd January 2005, 08:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

Forget the Teflon coating - actual cost Rs 2000, offered for Rs 10000 - not all that marvellous - go for regular polishing every 3-6 months.

Wheels - go to the various tyre dealers and auto shops - recommned Hot Tracks, Cotton Complex, St Marks Road who has a wide variety and prices are reasonable.
Old 3rd January 2005, 09:21   #3
BHPian

First thing first i would suggest not to take any accessories from the showroom. Try getting as much as cash discount. And about the wheels ! ajmat is right. visit Hot Tracks, u will get a good idea about the wheels and its costs. But u need to have some deep pockets for the wheels, as the total setup of wheels for my black baleno costed me around 40K which includes 5x of 14" HR Mags and 5x of 205/50 R14 Yokohama ES100 tires. And one more thing i would suggest you to go for a spoiler else the car will look sober.(i have a lancer spoiler with brake light). Happy driving.
Old 3rd January 2005, 11:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

to avoid problems with warranty mabbe u can fit the Car security at the showroom itself.
it shud cost u abt 6k.
also change ur headlamps as it's only 55/60w.so 90/100w shud be more than enough.but for this u will have to fit a relay.that too i suggest u get it fitted from maruti dealer only.a lucas relay shud cost abt 600rs.
but ,get the bulbs from outside and not from the showroom as u can get it cheaper outside.
regarding tires ,as others have said ,dont change at the dealer.
u can go for 195/70r13 (OD=+8mm),or 185/70 r13(OD=-7mm).
but for this u have to use not lesser than 5.5j rims.
Old 5th January 2005, 17:13   #5

Guys Thanks for all the feedback !!!
Old 6th January 2005, 13:24   #6

I have a Baleno, bought Six months back and no modifications. I would strongly recommend upsizing the tyres and upgrading the headlamps (the existing headlamps are highly insufficient) as suggested by speedsatya - I wasnt even aware of these options then...The teflon coating is a waste IMO, I was charged 5000 in the dealership and it has not really served any purpose.. Besides I read some discussion somewhere, For Teflon to be coated it has to be heated up to a really high degree (might melt most of the car- that hot) which of course is not what is done..
Old 6th January 2005, 14:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaramk
. Besides I read some discussion somewhere, For Teflon to be coated it has to be heated up to a really high degree (might melt most of the car- that hot) which of course is not what is done..

heheh ,
i dont think its gonna be that hot. ,but yeah most of the so-called teflon coating at most dealerships is a total waste.

with the headlamps,be aware that u have to fit a relay.Lucas relays are available at maruti dealerships.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks