Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2005, 00:09   #1
elf
BANNED

M1000 to M1600...??

Hi - Just came across this forum today & signed up immediately.

Have a M1000 - those of you in Bombay would probably know the car thanks to my avtar pic & callsign...

I need to have the engine redone - its 170k / 13yrs old. Was going to go stock with regular parts & maybe a porting & polishing of the heads & then figured :WTF: a bit of bottom end may not be so bad... therefore:

I wanted to know if there was any good source for used low mileage Baleno 1.6 liter engines in Bombay (tel. nos & a rough idea on pricing would be greatly appreciated). If not, maybe even a carbed 1.3 (MPFI's a nono).

Also, would I need serious mods to install the 1.3 engine (the answer for 1.6 is obvious) in terms of the tranny, accessory drives (water pumps, alternator, etc) & axles or could I get by with my existing one?

Would appreciate any replies real quick.

Also, for those of you interested, am running 8 spoke 6J spider design alloys with 185-65R13 Goodyear Venturas - f$%^ing sexy wheel / tire combo. Have a K&N Universal intake installed with home-made plumbing, as well as a 4 coil ignition system, blistein front gas shocks....
Old 4th January 2005, 00:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey Tarun,

Firstly welcome to the forum.

For a used 1.3 carb engine, check out chor bazaar. You are sure to find a few of them around at any given time. A Baleno engine would be a tough find though.

I suggest getting a used MPFI though. The cost of the conversion should be around Rs.25,000 - 30,000 including the engine, ECU and wiring harness.

Rt

p.s i don't seem to recollect your car. Maybe you could post a few pics of it here

Last edited by Rtech : 4th January 2005 at 00:54.
Old 4th January 2005, 11:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

ya
that would be appreciated ...
welcome also ...
go check out chor bazaar u should be able to even get an 1.6 ltr baleno engine if u are lucky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks