Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 17:02   #1
BHPian

Fuelstar - Does it work?

hey people

anyone using the fuelstar?

By providing a more complete and more controlled combustion, engine efficiency is improved which normally results in increased power output and improved torque.

Most dynamometer graphs reveal an increase in power output of 6 to 9% immediately after installation followed by a further improvement of 6 - 9% within 5,000 kms of running, for a total of 10% and more.

This secondary improvement occurs as combustion chambers and engine operating surfaces are cleaned and with the coating of the internal operating surfaces with tin oxides. Acceleration is normally crisper and throttle response is normally improved.

The product can produce huge gains in power output and torque in turbocharged gasoline engines designed for high octane fuel when required to run on lower octane fuel. In these cases, the Fuelstar enables the turbo to run up to boost, thus providing substantial gains.

Dyno test on The Motor Show (Perth) - needs WMV or similar
This test revealed an improvement in power output by 25% in a turbo-charged Nissan Skyline

Fuelstar - less fuel cleaner air

About Fuelstar fuel saving products for petrol, LPG and diesel engines

had heat related issues after installation so i removed it myself
sent the speedworksindia guys pics of the installation for suggestions for a new installation

wanted to know if anyone else is on it?
cheers
Old 18th January 2008, 22:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a miracle product although there is no rocket science.

Looks very interesting but before I order it... has anyone used it? Any reviews?

No replies on this thread since 27th Dec too.

Cynerverdie - which chennai cars are running this product? (as per ur post below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/692145-post24.html
Old 18th January 2008, 23:23   #3
BHPian

Does Acetone really save you fuel?

By subjective experience I do know that Acetone reduces the knocking sound in diesel engines but do go through this site.
Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view: Acetone

Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 18th January 2008, 23:30   #4
BHPian

Here is some info on other fuel saving devices.

Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view

I mention here once again that Acetone does reduce diesel knock but how it does is still a mystery to me. The funny thing is that its clearly perceptible to even my wife and children.
I have tested it many times and am dead sure that acetone in recommended ratios reduces knock.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 19th January 2008, 04:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Why dont OEM's install it then? If it improves all the three metrics: emissions (most important), fuel economy, AND power, then surely car manufacturers would install such a device?
Old 19th January 2008, 05:50   #6
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please type your posts out absolutely clearly, with the right english and the correct punctuation. It is very difficult to understand your posts.

Thanks

hey guys ; the speedworks chennai boys are apparently running it - bought it from JD Madan the day of the unfortunate guy's accident . He was in Mumbai for the expo
His partner Praveen runs it on his swift
I think i met sideways?the man my friend tool saluted for his lancer?or skoda? 270 ish hp - he may have been on it too

any chennai boys can help- sideways? i know the speedworks guys are not on this forum anymore

been through alot since the expo and the purchase and half my brain is working right now plus i am high so i will make it quick for now;

so please do excuse me....

even Fahad from team FS can get it for you in Mumbai ; through speedworks themselves
i paid about 6500 rs

installed it at Fahad s , along with my gapped 1.1 mm ows plugs
of course i am a freak so i was slightly let down - i "expected" [ hoped for ] more and i had just decarbed , flushed oil etc as well

definately a differnce though- have to say

three days later , late saturday night drove fast & hard for 15 ish KM in the cool night
my first real rip in it since the fuelstar
when i reached my friends place i opened the hood to chech how things were and i found that the fuel line we installed was close to a piece of metal which was very very hot and the fuel line its self was much much hotter than the line in the stock position

so an hour later i removed it and recrimped the line to the stock place

late december i did complain to Praveen - JD ' s partner
emailed him not so great pics too - have not followed up
been very preoccupied but now the time has come will call him later on today , its my 16500 km service time anyways - going to do my valve spring adjustment for the very first time !!!!! disgusting - bye maruti hey suZuKi
brake pad change too .

have to say when i removed my fuelstar after 150 km i did feel an immediate drop in lower down power- for sure - and it takes 2000 km and an oil change for optimal performance

will post pics etc later

i am not the type of guy to spend 6500 rs on a cheap gimmick
it really sounds great for sure - if you can suitably install it
tin took rockets to space!!

cheers people have a nice day

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2008 at 16:55.
cyneverdie is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th January 2008, 06:22   #7
BHPian

5 year warrenty and at least Praveen and maybe sideways have used it for a couple of years
Old 19th January 2008, 07:52   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Cy, you sure sound excited about this one. But can you be a little more clear with your lines - need to read at least 3 and may be 4 times before things begin to make sense. A sampler :
Quote:
cyneverdie : have to say when i removed my fuelstar after 150 km i did feel an immediate drop in lower down power- for sure - and it takes 2000 km and an oil change for optimal performance
And do the brakepads have anything to do with the fuelstar & it's effects ?

Thanks !
Old 19th January 2008, 09:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
h

been through alot since the expo and the purchase and half my brain is working right now plus i am high so i will make it quick for now;

installed it at Fahad s , along with my gapped 1.1 mm ows plugs
of course i am a freak so i was slightly let down - i "expected" [ hoped for ] more and i had just decarbed , flushed oil etc as well

cheers people have a nice day
Hey Dude.. Hope you can locate the fullstop on your keyboard. What about the shift key? Gone out of fashion? Please consider other people on the forum as well. Your post does not make any sense when reading it at one go.
Old 19th January 2008, 09:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

I second condor. Could you eloborate this. I'am unable to make out what you want to inform and where can I find this in Bangalore.
Old 19th January 2008, 19:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I second condor. Could you eloborate this. I'am unable to make out what you want to inform and where can I find this in Bangalore.

Improve car performance, Car performance enhancements, Engine performance improvements, car performance products, car care products, engine performance products, engine performance enhancements, OWS, OWS India, OWS products, OWS products India, Tecta
chennai
speak to them
Old 20th January 2008, 01:12   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What rubbish!! I refuse to believe that when petrol passes through a beer can instrument filled with tin pellets, the power & fuel efficiency will increase. I just had a look at fuelstars website and his "scientific claims" are absolute hogwash.

Let's see a sample of who has conducted his so-called tests:

Quote:
California Environmental Engineering Lab
LOL! The what lab again?

Quote:
University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
First off, there is NO University of Kaohsiung. Taiwan does have a "National University of Kaohsiung" which is all of 7 years old. Even my neighbourhood Aptech center is older than this co-called university.

The only thing that fuelstar does well is their marketing, advertising and usage of some distinct phrases that misguide the mind. Just the same way those "lose 50 kgs without diet / exercising" magic pills or the "get your hair back in 14 days" wonder lotions.
Old 20th January 2008, 02:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What rubbish!! I refuse to believe that when petrol passes through a beer can instrument filled with tin pellets, the power & fuel efficiency will increase.
Hey Rush,

You might just be surprised at what this canister can do. I am doing some R&D and testing on it myself. Will post results in a week or so.

@ Cyneverdie - Please pm me with the issues you are facing. You can be rest assured that they will be sorted out.

Last edited by Sideways : 20th January 2008 at 02:02.
Old 20th January 2008, 03:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The only thing that fuelstar does well is their marketing, advertising and usage of some distinct phrases that misguide the mind. Just the same way those "lose 50 kgs without diet / exercising" magic pills or the "get your hair back in 14 days" wonder lotions.

GTO the term you're looking for is SNAKE OIL man.
Old 20th January 2008, 03:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Hey Rush,

You might just be surprised at what this canister can do. I am doing some R&D and testing on it myself. Will post results in a week or so.

@ Cyneverdie - Please pm me with the issues you are facing. You can be rest assured that they will be sorted out.
hey man , thank you much appreciated.
sorry for using your name earlier but i remembered the conversation we had.

Off topic and i am sorry but i have to ask ; how is JD doing?

To GTO
tin oxide in suspended animation in my fuel sounds very interesting + I can vouch for a slight performance bump for sure

will get back to you all once it is re installed after I correct my valve "adjustment"

You have heard of lead relacement solutions for old school cars ; - this is one of the best products available

"I have thoroughly tested the Fuelstar product which I wholeheartedly endorse"
Sir Jack Brabham OBE,
3 times Formula I winner, UK and Australia

edit :
sideways-
i remembered later that your car is in the 170 ish HP mark , right?
your friends skoda maybe was 270 ish HP ; ]

Last edited by cyneverdie : 20th January 2008 at 03:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks