Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 19:50   #16
BHPian

hello
after market tacho meter are for multi cylinders like 4,6,8. there has to be a switch behind the meter which will be printed 4,6,8. so u have to keep the switch on the 4 as u have a esteem.and that will give u the proper reading and most meter come with the needle below 1000rpm when the engine is not running as u start ur engine it will come to its idiling place
Old 8th January 2008, 19:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc1bad View Post
ok guys big problem here,,i got myself one of these 60mm tachometer (tach) for safari dicor.
Now the tach sensor wire has to be attached to the ecu wire and safari's company tach is attached to the alternator and not the ecu! ,if i connect the the 60 mm tach to the alternator the reading goes nuts. Plus i checked with the safari dealers and they dont have the ecu color maps.
Can anyone help me to figure out a way to use the 60mm tach in the safari??
hello
the reason is diesel tachometer are different they work on ac volts.. so u try connecting ur petrol meter it will not work. you need to have a diesel tacho meter
Old 10th January 2008, 22:08   #18
BHPian

Calibrate a Tacho

You can calibrate a tacho using the A.C power supply. Get hold of a 230V to 3V step-down transformer. Connect its low-voltage (+) ve lead of the transformer to the tacho input lead (one that connects to ignition coil etc.). Our A.C mains is 50Hz which is equivalent to 3000 rpm. set the tacho to 4 cylinder mode and connect the transformer to AC mains. you should get a reading of around 750 rpm on your. take into consideration + - 5% variation in the AC supply frequency and consider your results accordingly. I've used this method for checking the accuracy of my own built digital tacho. U can see this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...achometer.html

hope this will solve your confusion regarding accuracy of the tachometer.

Old 12th May 2009, 02:22   #19
BHPian

ter I press the throttle. The car is a Corsa nad the Tacho is an Autogauge 5". Can anyone help me???[/quote]
its difficult to fix tachometer on a corsa as it doesn't have a ignition coil where the from where the tacho's are connected. Try to get signals from the engine management system. One of my friend tried fixing on his corsa, he have the same problem of lack of response and lag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks