Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2008, 16:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

the farting sounds like bajaj 2 stroke auto rickshaw
Old 12th January 2008, 16:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Guys is it bad ?
I dont see any problem though, meaning about any kind of odd noise as i did travel all the way from Mumbai back to Bangalore. While on the move it sounds fine and the flutter that u guys are referring might be only on idling.
Old 12th January 2008, 16:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
the farting sounds like bajaj 2 stroke auto rickshaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Guys is it bad ?
I dont see any problem though, meaning about any kind of odd noise as i did travel all the way from Mumbai back to Bangalore. While on the move it sounds fine and the flutter that u guys are referring might be only on idling.
hey mav, relax, i am sure most of the guys who posted about the farting sound have never heard a car fart, they are only comparing it to their own fart. Your car is probably missing, If you feel there is something wrong with the exhaust, get your timing checked. that is all there is to it.
cheers

Last edited by esteem_lover : 12th January 2008 at 16:36.
Old 12th January 2008, 17:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

hahahha ....Ok John! as of now it seems fine though and if there is anything wrong i feel, then i will get it checked and until then i will let it zoom it
Old 12th January 2008, 22:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
hey mav, relax, i am sure most of the guys who posted about the farting sound have never heard a car fart, they are only comparing it to their own fart. Your car is probably missing, If you feel there is something wrong with the exhaust, get your timing checked. that is all there is to it.
cheers
ha ha may be esteem lover is very much conversant with car fart..may be they both stand together and fart to compete each other.
VJ dont worry ur car is neither missing nor ur timing is wrong. its just becoz u have that clipped on a standstill car...ur engine revs freely and drops suddenly. due to this such sounding occurs. when u rev under load i.e car moving the sound is great..which i am sure u enjoy..
Old 12th January 2008, 22:57   #36
BHPian

Congrats Vj Mavrick!! Your car sounds good. Did you notice any change in FE?
Old 13th January 2008, 11:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Navin and I havent checked the FE but i feel it might slightly go up by as i notice the engine is not killed in 3rd and 4th Gears where as earlier i had to drive in the 2nd for sure.

BTW do you know any tuners in Chennai who do a decent FFE job for Ikon's ?
Old 13th January 2008, 12:03   #38
BHPian

Yup..I recently got my FFE setup from Electra. Speak to krupesh -9884049268. Performance wise you would defenitely be very very satisfied but cost wise he charges a couple of grands more..Bargain is the magic word!!
Old 13th January 2008, 12:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
VJ dont worry ur car is neither missing nor ur timing is wrong. its just becoz u have that clipped on a standstill car...ur engine revs freely and drops suddenly. due to this such sounding occurs. when u rev under load i.e car moving the sound is great..which i am sure u enjoy..
Yea Amit ! I too feel and find that its not an issue @ all and regarding the ride on the move, its music,music to me

I suppose you were also keen on getting FFE done on your Alto if i aint wrong? So did you go for automech but dude for an alto its not that easily done as others for that matter a swift as they have got to remove the radiator and coolant as the engine bay is a bit cramped and according to the mechanics alto and palio are the day suckers(mine was a 3 day sucker) among the current lot for getting the FFE on them.
Old 13th January 2008, 21:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

yea VJ u r right. Alto a bit complicated.and not much altos go for FFE. but mine is 800 cc. i envy u for 1.1. today i saw SATYA's(team Bhp member) alto 800 cc fitted with Automech. he had gone for mid and higher range.
we did a drag race.nice difference in power.although both times he won the drag with my as well as his car. as his shifts are perfect.he has a lot of practice. and i dragged for first time. but its sure his car zooms.
i saw the headers and the quailty of the whole system. its perfect.
Old 13th January 2008, 22:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Well ! Yea 1.1 is a truly gppd engine and with FFE and a conical air filter, its pleasure while driving. I got my FFE tuned for low and mod range as its mostly city driving. After installing FFE, speeds of 100 -140 KMPH is just pure pleasure without any discomfort for the occupants

Hmm the 3 D's any bhpian is fascinated with Drive,Drag and Drift...drive safely dude.
Old 6th September 2008, 08:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Added a triphase as part of Stage 1 Mod

I got the triphase installed as part of the Stage 1 Mod and infact got it installed by PatchyBoy a couple of weeks back and here is the link for the same. To make it more sensible of having all the mods specific to my ride, getting this thread updated.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...eports-10.html

In the recent Pondy drive got to really feel the triphase and to me as of now the 3rd and 4th gears are being more responsive and as stated in the tri phase report earlier, there is no shuddering or jerking in the 4th gear and the ride breathes better.

Folks ! I have the following on my ride now
1.Upgraded Wheels and Tyres
2.CAI
3.FFE
4.TriPhase

Not really a mod, but shifted my engine oil to the Mobil 1 Synthetic recently and i believe its really worth it.

and does Iridium Spark plugs add any value to the already existing mods on my ride?

And mostly my next upgrade will be a decent body kit for which am scouting for designs and also R&D is on its way and I believe it might take a good 2 to 3 months before i finally nail it. Here is the link for the pics taken by PatchyBoy and Badboyscad adding some juice to it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...g-alto-16.html
Old 6th September 2008, 10:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Cool... good going VJ. All the more a reason for making todays meet!
Old 7th September 2008, 01:57   #44
BHPian

Nice exhaust.. Liked the growl. : :.. Enjoy it bro.
Old 7th September 2008, 02:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Nice exhaust.. Liked the growl. : :.. Enjoy it bro.
Hey Niki think the Santro might have competition?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks