Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 16:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maverick's Alto 1.1 - Stage 1 Mods

Hi Petrol heads,
After about 6 months of an earlier thought, I got FFE done in Mumbai by Viper. I am just loving the ride and the low and mid rpm's has improved and am just loving the sound of it and am getting addicted to it.

Installation Time : 3 days hmmm...it sounds weird, as on a normal day Viper's FFE team of Afzal and his mates would have done 3 Swifts and a Lancer too without any problem....thanks to the engine bay of swifts and lancers and the ease of changing the headers. They had to literally get the radiator out and also for the clumsiness of the engine bay to place the new headers which they had to try some 4 to 5 times before getting the exact fit of the 4-2-1's on.

I encountered this problem and maybe other alto users (not sure about the LXI's and regular ones as mine is a 1.1) might face this issue because of a difference in the stock headers of alto compared to swift or zen.

At the end of the day after days of stress and frustration, things were installed and done to my taste.

Jignesh Bhai, Thanks for your time and effort in getting things done perfectly and also to Afzal and his team for the perseverance.

I would recommend Viper FFE if anyone is planning to install and in particular rides like Swift,Lancer, etc is just a walk in the ball park for those folks. Hmm guess my ride made them learn the intiricacies of installation in an alto.
Old 7th January 2008, 16:54   #2
BHPian

Finally got it done, i think only in TBHP these kinda stuff happens honeymoon and FFE install.

Kudoos man some snaps & Video clips are awaiting here...
Wishing you a very happy married life ..
Old 7th January 2008, 17:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks PraJEEP ....... hahhahaa....I aint a thorough pixie guy but will definitely post the -4-2-1 headers that i got it installed.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good going mate. The Alto 1.1 engine (sadly discontinued) was a good, smooth engine which also played its part i the WagonR and having owned a WagonR, I can vouch for the engine.
I bet with a FFE in this car the Alto must be moving. Happy Revving. Enjoy the feeling and drive safe!!
Old 7th January 2008, 17:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Very nice!
Congratulations!
Old 7th January 2008, 17:50   #6
BHPian

pics and videos plz....
Old 7th January 2008, 19:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

You deserve to be shot !! Wherez the audio clip of the exhaust note and the install pictures mate ?

Congratulations and did you get a tacho for yourself ?
Old 7th January 2008, 22:29   #8
BHPian

Dude..Please can you upload a good video or audio clip of your Alto with a good cam..I am waiting & so is everyone too.

Thanks,
Niki
Old 8th January 2008, 10:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

@ V-16: Yea its pleasure driving it and i can feel the difference a whole lot....

@ Nitrous : Thanks Nitrous

@ Mr Bangalore : Dude surely i will upload and the ride is awesome....

@ rjstyles69: Riju...surely i will upload just a bit lethargic and caught up with lost time @ work and honestly its just awesome and am loving the drive...
Regarding the tacho i have'nt got a new one as my baby already has one rpm indicator installed in it...do i have to get one ?...am naive in this..so any pointers appreciated..

@nikibusa: surely dude and will upload some pix and video clips too...

just be patient guys....i will come up with the clips soon...
Old 9th January 2008, 10:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pics of the header and will post the clips too. I was not physically present @ the garage while its installation as it took around 3 days for Afzal and his team @ Viper's Garage because of a different header setup in the Alto VXI compared to a Wagon-R or a Swift

Headers after Installation-1

Headers after Installation -2

In the engine bay @ a profile

I will upload the clips soon...i am alternating in between work and hosting these pics, hope these are fine..
Old 9th January 2008, 10:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Here are some clips too guys, i am just loving it when am riding and from 2nd- 3rd -4th gear, its so nice for the ears as from inside of the hatchback the sound which i made it silent because of city driving (hope cops dont have a problem) is just awesome

ImageShack - Hosting :: 08012008049wz4.flv

ImageShack - Hosting :: 08012008052vw7.flv

Hope the clips are hosted properly by me...enjoy buddies, @least i do
Old 9th January 2008, 11:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Some more clips of the engine bay and vroom vroom

ImageShack - Hosting :: 05012008046th0.flv

@ Forum Mall last night @ the terrace...wifey had taken this..
ImageShack - Hosting :: 09012008053gz1.flv

I could not physically be @ the garage during the installation of the FFE as it had taken more time than expected and hence could not grab pics during the A to Z of its installation.
Old 9th January 2008, 15:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice exhaust man. Really deep and throaty, uummwaahh love it.

BTW do you have any cosmic cousins ? I see some LEDs glowing atop your car. I don't think anyone spotted any UFO's last night at Koramangala .
Old 9th January 2008, 16:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Nice exhaust man. Really deep and throaty, uummwaahh love it.

BTW do you have any cosmic cousins ? I see some LEDs glowing atop your car. I don't think anyone spotted any UFO's last night at Koramangala .
Thanks Riju...it certainly is breathing like it should and from the inside its just awesome.
hahahahaa...good one, well i dont have any but yea the LED on the spoiler does add to the look and got neons fitted too...

so what about the next mods i should go for ? well certainly not now but will plan to do so later...maybe Irridium spark plugs
cheers:
Old 9th January 2008, 22:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
maybe Irridium spark plugs
cheers:
Aah yes, on a lighter note you probably might end up with another extra 10 bhp after installing Iridium tipped spark plugs .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks